I thought they were joking

Old September 14th 04, 04:59 PM
RonSonic

On 14 Sep 2004 00:10:24 -0700, "Kurgan Gringioni"
wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:

Can you even imagine a decent man that would run for office in a

world where
James Carville is working for someone's election?

Been listening to Rush Limbaugh again lately eh?

If true, it wouldn't be surprising. Rush is about your speed.

Rush is an entertainer. Carville is hired by a candidate and acts as his agent
and spokesman.

Ron
Old September 14th 04, 05:48 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:

Can you even imagine a decent man that would run for office in a

world where
James Carville is working for someone's election?

Been listening to Rush Limbaugh again lately eh?

If true, it wouldn't be surprising. Rush is about your speed.

Rush is an entertainer. Carville is hired by a candidate and acts as

his agent
and spokesman.

Dumbass -

You get it about as well as Kunich does.

K. Gringioni

Old September 14th 04, 06:54 PM
Matt Cahill

From: Richard Adams

The sad part is when I look at the opinion polls and see half the
registered voters of this country seem to think that guys done a fine
job and should stay in office. I'm pretty sure the fall of Rome began
like this.

Haven't you noticed that we're holding a contest to elect the biggest

slut?
They are both anti-freedom, pro grabbing the bucks wherever you can,
scumsuckers. They just support raping different groups, and stripping

different
rights.
They both suck.

Can you even imagine a decent man that would run for office in a world where
James Carville is working for someone's election?

Can you even picture what Adams would have to say about a decent man? He's
grind him under his heal and call him even worse names than he has Bush.

Bush may not be much but he's light years above Kerry. The only reason that
Kerry is there is because the Democrats have been snookered by Clinton to
set up Hillary for next election.

Tom,

You are really letting your partisanship show. I can't imagine what
would make you single out Carville within the context of this
election.

The rest of your point is not a point at all...just a rant.

I believe Bush has shown he can't be trusted. I base this opinion on:
- Reports of Bush not fullfilling his guard duty
- Reports of Bushs alcohol and drug abuse
- Bush presenting highly questionable intelligence on WMD as fact
- Latest headlines in USA Today show that the Bush Administration
deliberately hid over $100 Billion dollars in costs of their medicare
drug proposal as well as the fact that medicare increases will eat up
social security benefits. USA Today, Sep 14, 2004, Page 1, "Medical
costs eat at Social Security'

Now notice this isn't a bald statement of Kerry being 'light years'
better. I at least support my statement with information. You may
choose not to accept the information. But, I would hope that a
seemingly thoughtful man as yourself could add more to the discussion
than unsupported opinion.
Old September 14th 04, 10:09 PM
gwhite

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

This stuff is all paid for with taxes.

I'm all for cutting taxes. LOL
Old September 15th 04, 02:31 AM
Tom Kunich

"Matt Cahill" wrote in message
om...

I believe Bush has shown he can't be trusted. I base this opinion on:
- Reports of Bush not fullfilling his guard duty

Right and what's your age and what service were you in?

- Reports of Bushs alcohol and drug abuse

Right, and Clinton was a Sunday School teacher. And Kerry has been straight
arrow if you don't count his claims that he committed war crimes and
attrocities in Vietnam, has lied about practically everything from Nixon
being President in '68 to flip-flopping on practically every issue.

- Bush presenting highly questionable intelligence on WMD as fact

And yet there are quotes from EVERY SINGLE WORLD LEADER, Kerry, Clintons
Bill and Hillary both, Janet Reno, Kofi Annan, Jacques Chirac and German
Chanceller Gerhard Schroeder ALL saying the same thing. Explain why this
would be Bush lying and not everyone else as well.

- Latest headlines in USA Today show that the Bush Administration
deliberately hid over $100 Billion dollars in costs of their medicare
drug proposal as well as the fact that medicare increases will eat up
social security benefits. USA Today, Sep 14, 2004, Page 1, "Medical
costs eat at Social Security'

So you judge your President according to headlines in USA Today huh? No
wonder this country is so screwed up. You drooling idiots are everywhere.

Now notice this isn't a bald statement of Kerry being 'light years'
better. I at least support my statement with information. You may
choose not to accept the information. But, I would hope that a
seemingly thoughtful man as yourself could add more to the discussion
than unsupported opinion.

Bush has a proven record.

As for Kerry:

1) The man spent four months in combat during which time he put in falsely
for at least two of his three Purple Hearts.

2) While in Vietnam he filled out action reports which made himself look
like a hero while belittling those who were taking the real chances. For
instance: It was the Nung soldiers that did all of the fighting on the day
that Kerry "earned" his Silver Star by shooting a fleeing teenage Vietcong
in the back. Fortunes of war perhaps, but not Silver Star material.

3) After coming back from Vietnam Kerry gave aid and comfort to the enemy by
leading protest movements. (If you don't believe this, Kerry's picture today
can be found in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) 's War Museum under the title of
"Hero of the Revolution."

4) Kerry was a leader in the "Winter Soldier Investigation" in which
purported American Soldiers testified to committing attrocities. When the
Pentagon investigated these cases they found that most of those who
"testified" were never in the service, were in the service but never served
in Vietnam, or were not the person they claimed to be. NOT ONE SINGLE
INSTANCE of reported attrocities could be verified. Big surprise huh?

5) Kerry stood in a crowd outside of the White House and pretended to throw
his Silver Star and Bronz Star over the fence and onto the White House lawn.
Later when he was running for the Senate, these medals were prominently
displayed on the wall in his office. When pressed about this he claimed that
he had only "thrown his ribbons and someone else's medals."

6) Kerry has served for 19 years in the Senate. During that time he as
authored 8 (*count'em*) pieces of passed legislation. Not one of these was
most of them were cerimonials - thanking people for so many years of
service. Two of them were fishing legislation written by the fishing
industry of Massachusetts and only presented by Kerry. One of the bills was
federal grants to women's businesses. In short, his Senate record is almost
completely absent.

7) Kerry has missed about 70% of EVERY VOTE in the Senate. He has missed 80%
of the meetings of the important Intelligence Committee he was on.

8) Kerry has voted against military funding almost from the start of his
Senate career. He has voted against the bills that funded the research into
every modern weapons system that the US presently uses from the F-15 to the
B-2 bomber to the Sgt York., heavy tank etc.

9) Kerry chaired the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs in 1992. He
gathered literally reams of information on the presence of POW's and MIA's.
The director of the CIA testified before this committee that "it isn't a
question of whether they have POW's still but how many."

Kerry went to Vietnam, came back and his committee wrote a clean bill of
health for Vietnam claiming that there was no evidence of any remaining
POW's or MIA's. He then ORDERED THE RECORDS OF THE COMMITTEE TO BE
DESTROYED.

A month later his cousin's (C. Stewart Forbes) business, Collier's
International, based in Boston, was immediately awarded the exclusive
contract to rebuild Vietnam's infrastructure by the Vietnamese government.
This was thought to be worth an almost instant $10 million.

10) John Kerry and his wife Terresa own a house in Idaho. He installed a
great deal of landscaping on the property and it turned out that there was
insufficient water on the property to maintain his landscaping. So Kerry had
Idaho taxpayers re-route a river to nearer his property to maintain his
plants.

11) On See-BS Face the Nation on 9/23/01 he said "And the tragedy is, at the
moment, that the single most important weapon for the United States of
America is intelligence. .we are weakest, frankly, in that particular area.
So it's going to take us time to be able to build up here to do this
properly." What the SOB didn't say was that In 1994/95, Kerry proposed a
bill to gut $1.5 billion from intelligence and freeze spending for two major
intelligence programs--the National Foreign Intelligence Program and
Tactical Intelligence Program. (S. 1826) That bill did not make it to a
vote, but the language was retooled, the amount dropped to $1 billion, and
it was finally defeated as S. Amendment 1452 to H.R. 3759. (S. 1826,
Introduced 2/3/94). Or that he voted to cut 80 million from the FBI budget.
(HR-2076)

Now EXACTLY what sort of FACTS would you like? I mean I'm barely started
here so if you'd like we can carry this one forever while you tell me that
someone told you that Bush doesn't know what he's going and Kerry does.

Old September 15th 04, 05:05 AM
Raptor

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On 13 Sep 2004 17:54:01 EDT, Richard Adams
wrote:

The sad part is when I look at the opinion polls and see half the
registered voters of this country seem to think that guys done a fine
job and should stay in office. I'm pretty sure the fall of Rome began
like this.

The sad part is that far less than half feel he has done a good job,
but consider him more honest and preferable to Kerry. Why the
nomination process didn't pick a better alternative is the real
question.

The problem's not Kerry, it's Rove.

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Old September 15th 04, 03:00 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:05:32 -0600, Raptor
wrote:

The problem's not Kerry, it's Rove.

The problem is Kerry. Whether or not you place him ahead of Bush as
your choice as President is not the point - the Democratic nomination
process has not picked a particularly good nominee. The nomination
process is broken and the Democratic process is more broken than the
Republican one.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old September 16th 04, 02:25 AM
Richard Adams

wrote:

The problem's not Kerry, it's Rove.

The problem is Kerry. Whether or not you place him ahead of Bush as
your choice as President is not the point - the Democratic nomination
process has not picked a particularly good nominee. The nomination
process is broken and the Democratic process is more broken than the
Republican one.

*cough* McCain in 2000 *cough*

Old September 16th 04, 02:28 AM
Richard Adams

gwhite wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

This stuff is all paid for with taxes.

I'm all for cutting taxes. LOL

Here's a real laugher for you. If that damn debt were paid off we'd
only be paying 1/2 what we do for the level of service we currently get
from the Feds. ~50% of revenue pays interest on the debt.