I thought they were joking

Old September 16th 04, 06:47 AM
Raptor

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:05:32 -0600, Raptor
wrote:

The problem's not Kerry, it's Rove.

The problem is Kerry. Whether or not you place him ahead of Bush as
your choice as President is not the point - the Democratic nomination
process has not picked a particularly good nominee. The nomination
process is broken and the Democratic process is more broken than the
Republican one.

Who would've been better than Kerry? Why?

If we look at the performance of the current president, a ham sandwich
could beat him. But Shrub has Karl Rove on his side.

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Old September 16th 04, 07:01 AM
Stewart Fleming

gwhite wrote:

Matt Cahill wrote:
Step 1 - Turn on Fox News
Step 2 - Turn off brain.

It must be true.

With respect, I think you have steps 1 and 2 backwards.
Old September 16th 04, 08:10 AM
Robert Chung

Stewart Fleming wrote:
gwhite wrote:

Matt Cahill wrote:
Step 1 - Turn on Fox News
Step 2 - Turn off brain.

It must be true.

With respect, I think you have steps 1 and 2 backwards.

I think Pom made that point back in April:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...0sbcglobal.net

I see that a slightly more detailed version was in Political Science
Quarterly:
http://www.psqonline.org/cgi-bin/99_...&f ormat=view

Old September 16th 04, 09:19 PM
Dan Connelly

Matt Cahill wrote:

I remember seeing a movie (I think it was 'Hitchikers Guide to the
Galaxy') in which a planet told all their bureaucrats that the planet
was dying and they where sending them off in the first evacuationship
to get the new planet set up. The bureaucrats arrived at there new
planet but nobody showed up after them...It was a trick !

The new planets name ... Earth.

At least we have clean phones.
Old September 17th 04, 12:08 AM
RonSonic

wrote:

The problem's not Kerry, it's Rove.

The problem is Kerry. Whether or not you place him ahead of Bush as
your choice as President is not the point - the Democratic nomination
process has not picked a particularly good nominee. The nomination
process is broken and the Democratic process is more broken than the
Republican one.

Who would've been better than Kerry? Why?

Joe Leiberman.

Principled, honest, has noticed that a truly ugly enemy has declared war on us.
Has never lied under oath about the character and conduct of America's military.

Dick Gephardt.

Understands business and labor issues; honest; wrong about the war, but at least
takes a clear stand on the issue. Has never lied under oath about the character
and conduct of America's military.

Hilary Clinton.

Solid gold brass plated phoney, but understands the war and knows enough about
politics to let herself be pushed in the necessary direction while keeping the
votes of her loony-tunes base. Has never lied under oath about the character and
conduct of America's military.

I disagree with all three on any number of issues, but all are superior to
Kerry.

Ron
Old September 17th 04, 01:17 AM
gwhite

Matt Cahill wrote:

I remember seeing a movie (I think it was 'Hitchikers Guide to the
Galaxy') in which a planet told all their bureaucrats that the planet
was dying and they where sending them off in the first evacuationship
to get the new planet set up. The bureaucrats arrived at there new
planet but nobody showed up after them...It was a trick !

Government exists to solve our personal problems. Thus we need bureaucrats. I
know because the bureaucrats told me so.