Podium in Paris decided.

Old July 13th 05, 01:06 AM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 07/12/2005 11:16 AM, in article
, "Tom Kunich"
wrote:

Morty, Rassmussen will be toasted and fried tomorrow.

Odds?

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old July 13th 05, 05:37 AM
Michael Press

Morten, you write good articles on racing that show you know plenty
and pass it on. Thank you for the effort. Please accept the
copy editing as a thank you.

In article ,
Morten Reippuert wrote:

Fourtunately T.De Roy, R.Sørensen and E.Breukink managed to persuaded

^^^^^^^^^
is this what you wanted?

M.Rasmussen to follow Armstrong today, witch means we can set the

^^^^^
which
Your use of which and the comma are exactly right.

podium in Paris:

1 L.Armstrong
2 M.Rasmussen :-)
3 ?

I.Basso, L.Leipheimer and P.Macepo will fight for 3rd spot.

However l.Armstrong is going to fight for it in order to control
M.Rasmussen and keep him within 5 minuttes until the TT (M.Rasmussen
is the worst TT'er and finnished at 174 on the first TT stage).

^^^^^^^^^
keyboard error?

The only question is weather if L.Armstrong will let M.Rasmussen go

^^^^^^^
whether

and trust his team to chase him for 100km every day, or will we see
L.Armstrong follow M.Rasmussen and leave his team behind. Expect to se
the most explosive race since 96.

From stage one this has been a barn burner.

--
Michael Press
Old July 13th 05, 05:47 AM
Michael Press

In article ,
"steve" wrote:

On 12-Jul-2005, smacked up and reeling, "7h@ch" blindly
formulated
the following incoherence:

Dude. I know you Danes are excited about Rasmussen and all. But this
tour is over.

Not that I expect it to happen, but even LA can get sick, have a bad day, or
even a crash. And who knows if one of the three hot climbers we saw today

Saying that Armstrong could crash is a bit of folk wisdom that I
challenge. Armstrong's competition crashes. They crash because
they put everything into winning against him.

Yes, yes, yes, anyone can crash. I am saying that there is a
_reason_ that his competition crashes and he does not.

[...]

--
Michael Press
Old July 13th 05, 07:34 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:

exactly the podium is decided, but Rasmussen will still attack Armstrong,
Basso, Illes Ballares etc.

Dumbass -

If Rasmussen wants to finish in 2nd (since he can't TT) or perhaps win
if Armstrong has bad luck, he can't waste his energy with
indiscriminate attacks because the other favorites can use their
teamates to bring him back.

He'll need to do what he did today - conserve energy and sort it out at
the end.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old July 13th 05, 09:44 PM
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

Mark Janeba wrote:

2004 TdF 55k TT
Rasmussen 6:56 behind winner Armstrong
Mancebo 6:35 behind Armstrong, so only 21 seconds ahead of Rasmussen.

Just remember, there's a lot of stages between now and the final TT.

I do remember, there a two uphill finnishes left, where M.Rasmussen
will make a difference. I doubt that anyone but Armstrong (if any at
all) can follow him there. I think that M.Rasmussen used the stage to
messure up Armstrong, it's the first time they have raced uphill
against each other.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

PowerMac G5: 1.6GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 300+300GB SATA, 8xDVD+/-RW, Bluetooth
mus + tastatur, R9600PRO, iSight, eyeTV200 & LaCie Photon18Vision TFT
Old July 13th 05, 09:50 PM
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

juani wrote:

let's ee if that equation will work with tomorrow's results.

It still holds - Bettero gained 1:15 today but he will loose even more
time in the two remaining uphill finish stages.

That's abeslutely posible (note that i think Leipheimer will do a lot
better this year, and that Ladis is not a real contender). Do you have
the numbers for P.Macepo's 55km TT last year?

i have the feeling you're danish

I am. But i still think that Rasmussen will end up 2nd in Paris.

anyway, you have the right to dream.

we will see.

Old July 13th 05, 09:57 PM
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:

exactly the podium is decided, but Rasmussen will still attack Armstrong,
Basso, Illes Ballares etc.

Dumbass -

stupid! let's agree not to call each other names?

If Rasmussen wants to finish in 2nd (since he can't TT) or perhaps win
if Armstrong has bad luck, he can't waste his energy with
indiscriminate attacks because the other favorites can use their
teamates to bring him back.

Attacking is an way of wearing out the competitions team. Atacking
while they are on their limmit is exelent.

He'll need to do what he did today - conserve energy and sort it out at
the end.

On a stage like today defencivly rding was ok - however i would have
liked to see him attack 1-2km away from the last mountain top and try
to brigde accross to S.Bottero.

Old July 13th 05, 09:59 PM
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

Morty, Rassmussen will be toasted and fried tomorrow.

Odds?

I should have taken that bet :-) I think that the only day
M.Rasmusssen will be toasted is on after the remaining TT.

Old July 13th 05, 10:04 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:50:33 +0200, Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:
Bettero

Santiago Botero.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old July 13th 05, 10:20 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:57:43 +0200, Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:
S.Bottero.

Santiago Botero.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/