Why don't we nuke Rita?

Old September 30th 05, 05:58 AM
Mad Dog

Default Why don't we nuke Rita?

Kurgan Gringioni says...

Mad Dog wrote:

The problem is that I never even slightly implied that the weatherman
is always right.

Yep, and the reason is that the models aren't entirely accurate, hence
the "educated guess".

If it's not an educated guess, then what is it?

What it is - it's a disconnect. You have this problem distinguishing between
research (such as modeling aerodynamics with computer simulations, then testing
in a wind tunnel or trying to simulate the progression of weather events that
result in hurricaines) and practice (like weather forecasting - which is highly
subject to interpretation by hacks like yourself). The research end of modeling
weather events IS progressing, whether you will admit it or not and as long as
it progresses, then it has value. But even as models evolve, there will be
weather forecasters that make human errors that will result in you having to
shovel 6" of partly cloudy off of your driveway. And even if our species
survives 1000 years and the models continue to improve, there will be errors and
there will always be whiney-assed bitches such as yourself that have nothing
better to do than whine and bitch about it.

Old September 30th 05, 06:53 AM
Michael Press

In article ,
Mad Dog wrote:

Donald Munro says...

Mad Dog wrote:

Prove the butterfly effect, buttfly.

Stu Fleming wrote:

You have much to learn, young asshopper.

Don't you mean "Much to learn you have, young asshopper."

Been DVD shopping online again?

Asshopper - I like that. Reminds me of my youth. I wonder what ever happened
to the McGillicutty sisters...

But to get back on point, I do know the history of the Butterfly Effect and do
appreciate its cuteness. I was just trying to get Turdgun to go out there and
do some work. He gave up on the computational approach, so maybe he should get
a bunch of butterflies and see what he can do from that end? I don't have a
helluva lot of respect for the "it can't be done" conclusion - it tends to be a
self-fulfilling prophecy and these days, funding institutions seem to be
listening to negativity too much. Just because a problem like modeling weather
or wind drag over an auto is huge and may require more time and energy than is
considered convenient, does that mean we should give up and go home?

So how good are air flow simulations of such practical
objects as automobiles? Do they predict vortex shedding
without hints? Do they predict vortex shedding with hints?
Do they model vortices or simply give the forces and
energy dissipation?

--
Michael Press
Old September 30th 05, 02:18 PM
Mad Dog

Michael Press says...

So how good are air flow simulations of such practical
objects as automobiles? Do they predict vortex shedding
without hints? Do they predict vortex shedding with hints?
Do they model vortices or simply give the forces and
energy dissipation?

Depends on how much you believe the propoganda. I think there's alot of hinting
going on that's not fully being admitted to.

Old October 1st 05, 12:17 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Mad Dog wrote:

I was just trying to get Turdgun to

snip

Dumbasses -

You know what's funny?

People actually think stuff like that has some sort of effect.

thanks,

Kurgan Gringioni

Old October 1st 05, 02:40 AM
Mad Dog

Kurgan Gringioni says...

Mad Dog wrote:

I was just trying to get Turdgun to

You know what's funny?

People actually think stuff like that has some sort of effect.

Your reply proves it did, dumbass.

Old October 2nd 05, 05:24 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Mad Dog wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni says...

Mad Dog wrote:

I was just trying to get Turdgun to

You know what's funny?

People actually think stuff like that has some sort of effect.

Your reply proves it did, dumbass.

Dumbass -

Uh huh. I get really, really mad when people mess around like that,
especially when KG is a psuedonym.

I'm mortified and horrified!

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Rita evacuation Will General 53 September 24th 05 02:04 AM
Joey. A full confession in RBR in 48 hrs or I drop the Nuke. crit pro Racing 8 October 3rd 04 05:34 AM
new st. mary's college moraga, ca observatory 21 pics. this is not a observatory it's a silo for 2 nuke missiles LOOK OUT FALL OUT Off Road 1 April 17th 04 10:55 PM