A man has been arrested after a cyclist was assaulted

Old May 16th 20, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default A man has been arrested after a cyclist was assaulted

Well done to the police.
QUOTE:
A man has been arrested after a female cyclist was sexually assaulted on the Trans Pennine Trail in Stockport.

The 58-year-old man was questioned by detectives in connection with the attack in April.

He's since been released on bail pending further investigation. Police were called to a section of the trail between Parrs Wood and Heaton Mersey at about 3.30pm on April 28.

The victim was cycling along the trail when she was stopped and sexually assaulted by two men who were on foot. Police say the first offender is described as being white, in his 40s or 50s, tall and of a slim build with a reddened face and long unkempt dark grey hair.

He was wearing a baggy top, tracksuit bottoms and light coloured trainers. The second offender is described as being white, around 50, about 5ft 6in tall and of a larger build with a reddened face and short dark grey hair with a fringe. He was wearing a jumper and lightweight jacket at the time of the incident.

Pc Oliver Garner said: "This was a shocking incident and we understand the concerns that have been raised in the community as a result of this assault.. We believe that the increased police presence, alongside assistance from our colleagues in the mounted unit – who have been patrolling the route within the last few weeks – has brought great reassurance to those who use the trail.

"The information the public have already provided has resulted in arresting a man in connection with this incident and I therefore urge anyone with any information to make contact with us to aid our enquiries further."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...clist-18262649