Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old November 29th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
habbywall

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I was riding along on my coker today, and this guy asked what happened
to the rest of my bike, and I was so happy cause as soon as he started
saying it I knew what it was going to be!!
So I replied back "I'm compensating" I got that response from this
thread and I was so happy to use it!!

--
habbywall

kapoute wrote:
I think I'm in love with habbywall

habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

Old November 29th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sir Falloffalot

ok i was riding down by the water and i was waiting to cross the street
and these 2 gansters pull over with their blarin rap music and crappy
subwoofer and leave out the window and say "****in dope man" then drive
off thats probably the best comment i've gotten

--
Sir Falloffalot
Sir Falloffalot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13825

Old November 29th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

monkeyman wrote:
Do random strangers normally pay people's medical bill in Australia?

Maybe they meant through the taxes.
In return you can say "Get a job, loser!" or something along those
lines.

--
ivan

Deutsch kann mann lernen, französisch nicht.
ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

Old November 29th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
leo_h

Ohcrazyone wrote:
I was riding at a park and a little kid says to his dad "Look Dad, he's
riding a ukulele!"

Ha! thats so funny if it were me riding i would have fell off
laughing!
I had enough trouble staying on my chair reading it let aloan(sp?)
riding

leo

--
leo_h

Wheres my other wheel?! i'v only got one thats why its called a
"uni"cycle IDIOT!
leo_h's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11829

Old November 29th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Sir Falloffalot wrote:
ok i was riding down by the water and i was waiting to cross the street
and these 2 gansters pull over with their blarin rap music and crappy
subwoofer and leave out the window and say "****in dope man" then drive
off thats probably the best comment i've gotten

I had a some dustbin-men yesterday beep at me! It was SOOO loud
that I couldn'd hear wot they shouted

--
thejdw

ivan wrote:
Damn, I closed my browser again! You naughty person!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old November 29th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

The Uniman wrote:
People ask me all the time if i can do a backflip.

Just say yes.

So one of them asked me if i was hurt (i had a huge obvious gash on my
arm). I was like, "Of course not" (my arm was really starting to bleed
bad). Then they said, "O, thats good then", and left. Why do people say
are u okay instead of asking how bad it is if it's obvious!

They are being nice, by giving you an opportunity to ask for help if
you need it. If you say 'Of course not' they can be on their way
without feeling guilty. They don't owe you anything, so it's always
nice of people to ask. And we usually hate it because we don't like
getting hurt, especially in front of people!

tobbogonist wrote:
lol that is one of those things that you think of after wards and go
"sh*t, that would have been awsome if i had said that", then you
remmember it for ever just incase the chance arises to use it, but it
never does.

Just keep on riding. It does. Except for the totally off-the-wall
comments, like "you should be a midget." That one was just funny!
That's why we keep lists of the responses to common quotes. Somebody
asks "What do you do if you get a flat?" (kind of a dumb one) I say "I
move my furniture in."

Trapper wrote:
One young girl (11-ish) was halfway into her parents car when she
shouted out "Can you juggle too?"

When people ask me this I usually reply with "No, I can juggle five."
But your instant response with the gum was a great one.

Jamin wrote:
Oh and two people ask "Can you ride that thing"

My response to that one the other day was "No, I've had to have one of
these ever since my operation." My brother thought that one up, way
back when we did the original list in the USA Newsletter in 1981.

Chrashing wrote:
He saw me coming from a distance so he had a long time to prepare for
me, and all he came up with was to hum the circus tune. Almost asked
him if HE just came from the circus.

You had as much time as him. I'd have probably said just that. "Wow,
you must be in the circus or something!" Say it so that you're still
talking as you pass him, giving him no time to think up a response.
Then you leave him wondering how you read his mind.

irussb wrote:
My well learned reply is "The tune you are humming is Julius Fucík's
Opus 68 'Entrance of the gladiators', which means I am therefore a
gladiator and I am going to kick your arse, you shabby ****."

That is one of the best comebacks I've heard in a very long time!! I
would never use those exact words, but the first part would probably
make a great T-shirt for unicyclists. Is the composer's name really
Julius Fucík? I never knew that. That's funny all by itself! Seems like
that guy's name alone could be used in a comeback...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

Old November 29th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniBrier

A couple weeks ago we did a Port Townsend Coker ride with JC, Irene G.,
Andy C., Mark N. and me. JC and I got temporarily separated from the
other three and were riding through the Marina parking lot/boat launch
area, there was a stiff wind blowing through.

One of the marina guys took one look at us and said: "Where's your
sail?".

--
UniBrier

Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
inside and watch TV.” – Homer
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old November 29th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Trapper

A rather good looking daycare worker was tending to several yard monkeys
as I rolled passed. She enthusiastically tried to get a youngster to
check me out. "Look! Look! Over there! Isn't that COOL!" she said as
she pointed me out.
"nnnnoooooooooo........" was the lad's reply.

Our youth is doomed but hey, I was glad the 20 yr old cutie thought a
40 yr. old on a unicycle was cool.

--
Trapper
Trapper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10341

Old November 29th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gkmac

Two comments on today's park ride. On a narrow path, a walker who kindly
stepped into the bushes to give way to me said "That's clever".
Personally I don't think so, the path was dry and flat unlike the rest
of the route.

The second was from a runner. He said "Unusual way to exercise". Well,
at least he knew I was exercising.

On a different angle, two non-vocal responses as well. The first was an
old lady in the middle of a track, waiting for her dog to stop sniffing
the grass. She caught sight of me approaching, and just froze like a
statue, eyes fixed on me and mouth slightly open as I passed.

The second... as I was crossing a road to end up on a path in front of
an open farm gate, there was a car approaching at a decent speed in the
distance. As I dismount to check my map, the car had slowed down as if
it were turn off the road and go through the gate... except it didn't.
It just slowed right down and then gradually accelerated away down the
road for some reason. I can't think why...

--
gkmac

"It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
"Oh no! Both my toes have gone numb!" - Joe Hodges
"You also met me gk! I was the one eating the sandwich!" - Adam Gayne
"Act your tyre pressure, not your age." - rob.northcott
gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577

Old November 30th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
evil-nick

A couple years ago I passed a guy and a (attractive) girl going down a
steep hill near campus. He yelled "I'm not giving you 1st aid!"

10 minutes later I realized I should have yelled "Will she?" I always
think of the clever responses when it's too late :P

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/