Berden Line

Old September 17th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jonathan v.d. Sluis

Default Berden Line

Ryan Cousineau wrote in
:

In article ,
"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote in
:

Sorry, I don't follow Euro-cross closely enough. When did Berden
get dinged for EPO use?

He tested positive for EPO in 2004 and later admitted that he was
guilty of doping.

There we go! And has he since praised the cleanliness of the sport? If
so, it's Millar Time!

He hasn't. In fact, he has said that he was in a way sorry to have 'come
clean', since it only prolonged his legal troubles and didn't help him in
any way. Cases like Berden's make sure that dopers will think twice before
confessing.
Old September 18th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote in
:

In article ,
"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote in
:

Sorry, I don't follow Euro-cross closely enough. When did Berden
get dinged for EPO use?

He tested positive for EPO in 2004 and later admitted that he was
guilty of doping.

There we go! And has he since praised the cleanliness of the sport? If
so, it's Millar Time!

He hasn't. In fact, he has said that he was in a way sorry to have 'come
clean', since it only prolonged his legal troubles and didn't help him in
any way. Cases like Berden's make sure that dopers will think twice before
confessing.

So, the system works!

In related news, the latest LIVEDRUNK project is rum-soaked figs. Anyone
know if the ingredients list runs any longer than 1) figs, and 2) rum?
'Cos that's what I have in the fridge right now.

-RjC.

Old September 18th 06, 09:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In related news, the latest LIVEDRUNK project is rum-soaked figs. Anyone
know if the ingredients list runs any longer than 1) figs, and 2) rum?
'Cos that's what I have in the fridge right now.

Gadolinium Chloride ?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

Old September 18th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , Jonathan v.d.
Sluis ') wrote:

"Joe King" wrote in
:

Uhhhh... something is implied in your message. What is it?

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote in message
.. .
I'd say the cyclocross equivalent of the Millar Line will be the Berden
Line. He is supermotivated and clean.

Well, that everyone finishing higher than Ben Berden is doped. Although
this might only hold true for the later part of the season, since he
probably needs to find his 'racing legs' again.

So Berden is Millar Lite?

A message from our sponsor: This site is now in free fall

Old September 19th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Donald Munro wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In related news, the latest LIVEDRUNK project is rum-soaked figs. Anyone
know if the ingredients list runs any longer than 1) figs, and 2) rum?
'Cos that's what I have in the fridge right now.

Gadolinium Chloride ?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

This is wonderful news! All the DRUNK, half the cirrhosis!

And just think: it was those naughty Kupffer cells all along.

Is it my imagination, or is this paper a big deal? I assume that since
it's nine years old the info has been well-distributed, but this seems
to both determine the mechanism of chronic liver damage and a workable
treatment.

"Animals were infused continuously with a high-fat liquid diet
containing ethanol for 4Â*wk. All animals received humane care in
compliance with institutional guidelines."

Sign me up! I assume the humane guidelines include making the martinis
with gin.

"A liquid diet described previously by Thompson and Reitz (16) was used.
It contained corn oil as fat (37% of total calories), protein (23%),
carbohydrate (5%), minerals and vitamins, plus ethanol or isocaloric
maltose-dextrin (35%)."

Yummy. It's the Atkins diet taken to its most insane conclusion!

"Rats were housed in metabolic cages that separated urine from feces,
and urine was collected over 24Â*hr in bottles containing mineral oil to
prevent evaporation. Each day at 9Â*a.m., urine collection bottles were
changed, and a 1-ml sample was stored at 20° in a microtube for later
ethanol analysis. Ethanol concentration was determined by measuring
absorbance at 360Â*nm resulting from the reduction of NAD+ to NADH by
alcohol dehydrogenase (17)."

Didn't Dick Pound propose something like this?

"Rat livers were immediately excised after death, placed into liquid
nitrogen, and stored at 70°."

I formally un-volunteer for this study. Didn't the Spanish police
propose something like this?

"As was reported previously (28) and observed in the present study (Fig.
1), alcohol levels fluctuate in a cyclic pattern for reasons that remain
unclear."

Hey scientists: it's called "happy hour."

Complete paper:

http://molpharm.aspetjournals.org/cg.../full/51/6/944

Remember kids: take your anti-oxidants,

Old September 19th 06, 11:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
This is wonderful news! All the DRUNK, half the cirrhosis!
"Animals were infused continuously with a high-fat liquid diet
containing ethanol for 4ÂÂ*wk. All animals received humane care in
compliance with institutional guidelines."

Sign me up! I assume the humane guidelines include making the martinis
with gin.

So that's where Curtis has been taking his sabbatical from rbr.