hardtail VS fullsuspension, hardtails don't recoil

Old January 11th 07, 07:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

Default hardtail VS fullsuspension, hardtails don't recoil

Well I need a new bike.

I might be able to get a bike store to help me seeing how I have no
money.

But contemplation I have is that I've seen many guys crash due to their
full suspension recoiling, of which the recoil through them out of
balance whilst on a rock garden or such.

Hardtails don't do this. I'm beginning to think if you develop the
skills of consciousness of physics on an advanced level, hardtails are
better for obtuse contorted terrain, you can take a hardtail over
anything a fullsuspension is usually preferred over a hardtail.

Old January 12th 07, 05:30 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Raptor

LIBERATOR wrote:
Well I need a new bike.

I might be able to get a bike store to help me seeing how I have no
money.

But contemplation I have is that I've seen many guys crash due to their
full suspension recoiling, of which the recoil through them out of
balance whilst on a rock garden or such.

Hardtails don't do this. I'm beginning to think if you develop the
skills of consciousness of physics on an advanced level, hardtails are
better for obtuse contorted terrain, you can take a hardtail over
anything a fullsuspension is usually preferred over a hardtail.

I have yet to see a full-suspension trials bike.

--
Lynn Wallace

If FDR fought fascism the way Bush fights terrorism, we'd all be
speaking German now.
Old January 12th 07, 01:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Slack

http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com/
--
Slack
Old January 13th 07, 11:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Michael Dart

'BERATOR wrote:
Well I need a new bike.

I might be able to get a bike store to help me seeing how I have no
money.

But contemplation I have is that I've seen many guys crash due to
their full suspension recoiling, of which the recoil through them out
of balance whilst on a rock garden or such.

Hardtails don't do this. I'm beginning to think if you develop the
skills of consciousness of physics on an advanced level, hardtails are
better for obtuse contorted terrain, you can take a hardtail over
anything a fullsuspension is usually preferred over a hardtail.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

A properly setup suspension with rebound and compression dampening should
not "recoil."

Mike

Old January 13th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
wizardB

A properly setup suspension with rebound and compression dampening should
not "recoil."

Mike

A hard tail makes you makes you learn to ride it has no mercy you must
position you body properly and handle the bike correctly,It is the only
type of bike you should ride when learning to do technical climbing and
descending ,once you have learned proper bike handling skills a full
squish bike (when set up properly) will enable you to ride faster and
farther with more comfort,but if you start with a full suspension bike
you will probably never learn proper bike handling skills.
Old January 14th 07, 04:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Raptor

Slack wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:30:49 -0800, Raptor wrote:
I have yet to see a full-suspension trials bike.

http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com/
--Slack

Okay,

I have yet to see a full-suspension trials bike without a motor.

Old January 16th 07, 12:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Michael Dart

wizardB wrote:
A properly setup suspension with rebound and compression dampening
should not "recoil."

Mike

A hard tail makes you makes you learn to ride it has no mercy you
must position you body properly and handle the bike correctly,It is
the only type of bike you should ride when learning to do technical
climbing and descending ,once you have learned proper bike handling
skills a full squish bike (when set up properly) will enable you to
ride faster and farther with more comfort,but if you start with a
full suspension bike you will probably never learn proper bike
handling skills.

Agreed. I started on a fully rigid bike.

Still it doesn't have anything to do with an improper suspension set up
causing the bike to "recoil" on the rider.

Mike

Old January 16th 07, 12:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
wizardB

Michael Dart wrote:
wizardB wrote:
A properly setup suspension with rebound and compression dampening
should not "recoil."

Mike

A hard tail makes you makes you learn to ride it has no mercy you
must position you body properly and handle the bike correctly,It is
the only type of bike you should ride when learning to do technical
climbing and descending ,once you have learned proper bike handling
skills a full squish bike (when set up properly) will enable you to
ride faster and farther with more comfort,but if you start with a
full suspension bike you will probably never learn proper bike
handling skills.

Agreed. I started on a fully rigid bike.

Still it doesn't have anything to do with an improper suspension set up
causing the bike to "recoil" on the rider.

Mike

It was the original posters brain that was recoiling not the bike me thinks
Old January 16th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Michael Dart

wizardB wrote:
Michael Dart wrote:
wizardB wrote:
[...]

Oh without a doubt!!!

Mike

Old January 16th 07, 05:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
steve

You have not said what type of riding you plan to do.
If it is downhill racing , full suspension is definately the way to
go.
A small lump at high speed that the suspension could have absorbed
will be enough to throw you off with a hard tail.

For slow speed descents totally under control a hard tail should give
better control but in most cases their will be a steep section or jump
that you will have to drop down and suspension will help here

Hardtail bikes require skill, Fullsuspension don't LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 17 April 25th 06 07:03 AM
FS to hardtail Joe Roach Mountain Biking 8 June 22nd 04 07:45 PM
WTB: GT hardtail Ed J. Marketplace 2 April 19th 04 11:33 PM
FS: 12" hardtail MTB, new,$300 ThomasT41 Marketplace 0 November 17th 03 02:58 PM
FS: 12" hardtail MTB, new,$300 ThomasT41 Marketplace 0 August 28th 03 02:45 AM