Hey Chung

Old March 6th 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default Hey Chung

On Mar 6, 12:19 am, Raptor wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Dumbass -

I think we should get out. They really, really want to kill each
other. There's been so much bloodletting, so much that under their
cultural obligation to avenge the dead . . . it's just an irresistable
force at this point. There's nothing we can do to stop it. The best we
can do is try to pressure the other regional players to keep the
bloodshed contained within Iraq.

Oh ya. We gotta remember to declare victory before getting out.
Mission Accomplished!

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Al Qaeda in Iraq is still the dominant "civic" force in Anbar province.

Since I was fully in favor of sending US Marines into Rwanda in 1995(?),
I cannot countenance removing American forces from Iraq. I am however
quite willing to viciously punish those responsible for putting our
people there in the first place and unleashing forces that we are
incapable of preventing.

--
Lynn Wallace

If FDR fought fascism the way Bush fights terrorism, we'd all be
speaking German now.- Hide quoted text -

I think we are going to have to pull out, we've made it clear that we
are going to, and Al-Sadr and the others have gone to ground, or safe
havens in neighboring countries until we do. They are all stocking up
on arms, weapons, and outside political/religious support.
I'm betting Kurgan is right on the money. the war is going to happen,
the Sunnis are going to be crushed, and there will be "peace" just as
there was under Saddam, or in Iran now. We won't go back in no matter
what, once we leave. No politician in the US is going to commit
suicide that way.
One of Gerald Fords regrets was abandoning S. Vietnam despite our
guarantees if the North attacked again. His only solace was "I
would've been impeached in a minute if I'd honored our treaty.", and
he would've. Same situation again.
I'm in total agreement on hanging Bush and Co. after the election, as
long as you don't hold responsible those who voted based on the cooked
intelligence. If your honest you've got to give Hillary and friends a
free pass on this one. They thought they took a responsible stand
based on solid information. What they didn't know was that, what is
very possibly the most criminal administration in US history had
seriously altered what they should have been seeing.
I actually voted for this pinhead the first time. He didn't quite
turn out to be what he claimed to be before the first election either.
Bill C

Old March 6th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 6, 4:31 am, "Bill C" wrote:

... I'm in total agreement on hanging Bush and Co. after the election, as
long as you don't hold responsible those who voted based on the cooked
intelligence. If your honest you've got to give Hillary and friends a
free pass on this one. They thought they took a responsible stand
based on solid information.

No freakin way.
Sure everyone assumed Saddam had WMD. But
anyone with half a brain cell could also see that the
'intelligence' had been and was being cooked, even
then, and it was clear to anyone with half a brain cell
that WMD was just the latest in a string of justifications
anyway. Many people were talking about this openly
and in public at the time. Hillary and Co. cast their
votes pro-war because it was the popular thing to
do. No free passes.

Robert

Old March 6th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Mar 6, 6:31 am, "Bill C" wrote:

I'm in total agreement on hanging Bush and Co. after the election, as
long as you don't hold responsible those who voted based on the cooked
intelligence. If your honest you've got to give Hillary and friends a
free pass on this one. They thought they took a responsible stand
based on solid information. What they didn't know was that, what is
very possibly the most criminal administration in US history had
seriously altered what they should have been seeing.
I actually voted for this pinhead the first time. He didn't quite
turn out to be what he claimed to be before the first election either.
Bill C- Hide quoted text -

Add Scooter Libby to the list of fall guys who got tossed to the
wolves while the people actually calling the shots, and orchestrating
this stuff walk free. Watch 'em tie it up in appeals and then pardon
him on the way out the door.
He did a lot less than a ****load of those Clinton pardoned, so I'd
say it sucks, but that's how the game is played.
Bill C

Old March 6th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett

* "Bill C" a écrit
On Mar 6, 6:31 am, "Bill C" wrote:

[...]

You sure got that right

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
Old March 6th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett

* "Bill C" a écrit
On Mar 6, 6:31 am, "Bill C" wrote:

[...]

AFP is flashing "Guilty as Charged" verdict in Libby Trial

--
Le vent à Dos
Davey Crockett [No 4Q to reply]
The News CNN and SKY won't show you
http://azurservers.com:9080
Old March 7th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Bill C wrote:

Obama's plan sounds like the Vietnam peace treaty, with the same
wortless guarantees we gave the S. Vietnamese. Love how this **** just
gets recycled and they expect different results.
Bill C

At a certain point, "Peace, with honor" is going to sound pretty good to
everyone. The left, which buried it's head in the sand when we went to
war, will succeed when the right buries it's head.

But don't blame the politicians. They're just doing what they need to
do to get re-elected.
Old March 7th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Tom Kunich wrote:
"gds" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 4, 8:41 pm, Nev Shea wrote:

Laura says there is "just one little bombing a day." She should know!

I accidently tuned into a "progressive" talk show today just in time to hear
a woman announce that under Saddam women had almost achieved equality in
Iraq but now that the Shiites and Sunnis are in power they've lost
everything.

Admit it, Tom: she was right. Under Saddam, neither men nor women were
guaranteed much in the way of rights. It's an awfully mediocre equality
but equality nonetheless.

BTW, you're not claiming that the Shiites are more strongly in favor of
women's rights than secular governments, are you?
Old March 7th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Fred Fredburger" wrote in message
. ..
Tom Kunich wrote:
"gds" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 4, 8:41 pm, Nev Shea wrote:

Laura says there is "just one little bombing a day." She should know!

I accidently tuned into a "progressive" talk show today just in time to
hear a woman announce that under Saddam women had almost achieved
equality in Iraq but now that the Shiites and Sunnis are in power they've
lost everything.

Admit it, Tom: she was right. Under Saddam, neither men nor women were
guaranteed much in the way of rights. It's an awfully mediocre equality
but equality nonetheless.

BTW, you're not claiming that the Shiites are more strongly in favor of
women's rights than secular governments, are you?

Is that what I'm claiming? After all, you really brave guys seem to be
telling me a lot about what I'm claiming.

Old March 7th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Raptor

Bill C wrote:
On Mar 6, 12:19 am, Raptor wrote:
[...]

I just occurred to me how fortunate it is that the Sunnis dominate Anbar
Province, which is where Al Qaeda is. AQ is our real enemy. Keeping
ordinary Iraqis safe is merely our responsibility. I of course wish that
we didn't face the choice of fulfilling or forsaking our duty, but maybe
we can actually pull something honorable out of this mess.

After giving up on Baghdad, re-deploy to Anbar with the objectives of
battling AQinIraq, AND protecting Sunni civilians. Let the Kurds and
Shiites manage their own areas, and keep AQinI from setting up there, or
else we'll have to go in and root them out with all the collateral
damage that comes with American combat operations.

I honestly think that any worthy politician(s) could sell that to the
American people. It's also something we might be able to handle.

One of Gerald Fords regrets was abandoning S. Vietnam despite our
guarantees if the North attacked again. His only solace was "I
would've been impeached in a minute if I'd honored our treaty.", and
he would've. Same situation again.
I'm in total agreement on hanging Bush and Co. after the election, as
long as you don't hold responsible those who voted based on the cooked
intelligence. If your honest you've got to give Hillary and friends a
free pass on this one. They thought they took a responsible stand
based on solid information. What they didn't know was that, what is
very possibly the most criminal administration in US history had
seriously altered what they should have been seeing.

Technically, everyone voted to allow the use of military force if
necessary, not to invade with a force far too small and to **** it up in
every conceivable way. I for one don't hold those votes against anyone,
though those who voted against the authorization deserve praise.

I actually voted for this pinhead the first time. He didn't quite
turn out to be what he claimed to be before the first election either.

I sensed he was a fanatic from the outset. I don't care which side
they're on, fanatics belong far away from any seats of power.

--
Lynn Wallace

Jesus loves Osama bin Laden
Old March 7th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Raptor

wrote:
On Mar 6, 4:31 am, "Bill C" wrote:

... I'm in total agreement on hanging Bush and Co. after the election, as
long as you don't hold responsible those who voted based on the cooked
intelligence. If your honest you've got to give Hillary and friends a
free pass on this one. They thought they took a responsible stand
based on solid information.

No freakin way.
Sure everyone assumed Saddam had WMD. But
anyone with half a brain cell could also see that the
'intelligence' had been and was being cooked, even
then, and it was clear to anyone with half a brain cell
that WMD was just the latest in a string of justifications
anyway. Many people were talking about this openly
and in public at the time. Hillary and Co. cast their
votes pro-war because it was the popular thing to
do. No free passes.

If you look at what they said during the debate over the AUMF, most
Democrats were careful to express support for nothing more than a
strong, unyielding stance against Saddam's Iraq.

But you're otherwise right. Anyone paying close enough attention could
see that the intel didn't back up the rhetoric, that the justifications
changed from day to day, and that there was a huge black hole under
"What happens next."

--
Lynn Wallace

Jesus loves Osama bin Laden