Jef D'Hont

Old March 27th 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Jef D'Hont

"Michael Press" wrote in message

Nobody deserves to win.

Indeed! But there's a lot of guys deserve to lose. Take Frank Vandenbrouke
"before". Hopefully the new and improved Frank Vandenbrouke will win on his
own merits.

Old March 28th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jonathan v.d. Sluis

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in
link.net:

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote in message

In the end,
the goal doesn't seem to be to ascertain the truth about who used EPO
and who didn't but rather to protect or damage certain riders. This
invalidates most opinions about doping, since it clearly influences
what I read here and elsewhere about Landis, Armstrong, Basso or
anyone else.

I think you're creeping up on the truth Jon. All of the screaming and
second hand guessing is almost always done from a position of
ignorance of the tests themselves.

All of the usual methods of measuring hematocrit are more than
accurate enough for a medical diagnosis. But they aren't accurate
enough to use as a hair trigger guilt/non-guilt verdict.

Actually, I was referring to you, Tom.
Old March 28th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote in message
.. .
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in
link.net:

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote in message

In the end,
the goal doesn't seem to be to ascertain the truth about who used EPO
and who didn't but rather to protect or damage certain riders. This
invalidates most opinions about doping, since it clearly influences
what I read here and elsewhere about Landis, Armstrong, Basso or
anyone else.

I think you're creeping up on the truth Jon. All of the screaming and
second hand guessing is almost always done from a position of
ignorance of the tests themselves.

All of the usual methods of measuring hematocrit are more than
accurate enough for a medical diagnosis. But they aren't accurate
enough to use as a hair trigger guilt/non-guilt verdict.

Actually, I was referring to you, Tom.

Of course you were. And yet you didn't address my posting as is usual for
the group here.