Ban Cavendish

Old July 21st 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Ban Cavendish

On Jul 21, 1:32*am, wrote:
On Jul 20, 7:35 pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Bill C wrote:
On Jul 20, 7:14 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

On Jul 20, 4:00 pm, Bill C wrote:

That's next. He bailed, just like Cipo. Next year he's not starting.
Anyone remember the T-Shirt with Cipo stopping dead at the base of
the mountains?

Dumbass -

Cavendish got dropped on a shallow Cat 4 climb the day before.

Him pulling out is the correct action. He's cooked.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

I agree, but when has common sense been a factor for the folks running
cycling? Cipo was great fro the bottom line and TV buys, but they
banned his ass anyway.
*Bill C

People who get excited about sprinters winning a stage in the Tour de
France are ****ed up.

You people sound like you would jerk off if Carl Lewis ran in a marathon
and was leading the field at the end of the first 150 meters.

Stop.

Magilla understands stage racing but doesn't understand Grand Tours.
There's a points competition as well as stage wins to get excited
about. *Maybe Magilla is really a mountain goat.

An old, out of date and out of touch mountain goat. Note the
reference to Carl Lewis.

Old July 21st 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

phillip brown wrote:

On Jul 20, 4:00 pm, Bill C wrote:

That's next. He bailed, just like Cipo. Next year he's not starting.
Anyone remember the T-Shirt with Cipo stopping dead at the base of
the mountains?

Dumbass -

Cavendish got dropped on a shallow Cat 4 climb the day before.

Him pulling out is the correct action. He's cooked.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

I agree, but when has common sense been a factor for the folks running
cycling? Cipo was great fro the bottom line and TV buys, but they
banned his ass anyway.
Bill C

People who get excited about sprinters winning a stage in the Tour de
France are ****ed up.

so why don't you just write to the ASO and tell them that they
shouldn't be running the TdF as a stage race

The purpose of the stages are for the GC...winning field sprints in
stages when 70% of the peloton isn't even contesting it is pathetic.

Cavendick is a poacher. And no team who claims to want to seriously
contend for the overall GC (Kirchen) tells their guys to rip themselves
apart just to drag Caveman to the line while leav ing Kirchen with a
bunch of spent riders.

It shows Team Columbia has no discipline. I'm sure Kirchen's happy
about the fact that all of his domestiques like Hincapie are trashing
themselves just so some Gringo can finish a bike length ahead of the
next dildo sprinter.

Magilla
Old July 21st 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

On Jul 20, 4:00 pm, Bill C wrote:

[...]

or maybe its more like if Carl Lewis won the 100M, and then later he
won the 200M, and then maybe later he won the long jump, and then
maybe later he won the 4x100M. Oh wait, he did. Even if he didn't win
all 4, winning any one of them is still something to celebrate.

The race is for the GC in the Tour de France. Everything else is a
statistic. There's not 47 "winners" in the Tour de France, asshat.

Caveman is like Cipollini, exept without the style. He's acts (and
looks) like a drunk rugby player.

And Columbia is embarrassing themselves by allowing Caveman to distract
them from helping Kirchen.

You're way too excited about field sprinting. And it better stop.
That, and this "mini-Phinney" nonsense.

Magilla
Old July 21st 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

On Jul 20, 4:00 pm, Bill C wrote:

[...]

about. Maybe Magilla is really a mountain goat. That's also
interesting but give the sprinters their due. Fire away at the white
jersey.

There's only 1 winner of the Tour de France. Everything else is a
statistic and there's no need to get too excited about it.

Stop talking condescending to me like you can actually educate me about
bike racing.

Magilla
Old July 21st 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:35:23 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

People who get excited about sprinters winning a stage in the Tour de
France are ****ed up.

That stage Cavendish won in the rain was exciting.

No it wasn't. You don't seem to understand that in a field sprint in
the Tour de France only 30% of the teams and a handful of riders are
even trying to win it. The rest are just there for a tow.

Why should I be exicted about such an illusion? **** the rain too.

Magilla
Old July 21st 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Bill C wrote:

On Jul 21, 1:46 am, Howard Kveck wrote:

I agree that he was thrashed and should have stopped, but my point was Cipo bailed
from the race (when he said he would) and turned up looking tanned, rested and ready
on a beach the next day. He only did as little as he felt he was obligated to do
(though winning a lot).

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

I've never seen anything wrong with what Cipo did. There was no reason
for Cavendish to slog over the Alps for a shot at one more stage win.
It's a ****load easier for climbers to sit in and cruise on the flat
stages waiting foir their shots, than big ass sprinters to struggle
over mountains hoping to avoid the cutoff. It was like two races in
one. Cipo and the rest of the spinters for the first week or so, and
it was set up for them to put on a great show, and then the serious GC
race. That works just fine for me.
Bill C

Real sprinters in the Tour win on the Champs E'lysees. I have more
respect for Alex Steida than the Caveman.

Magilla
Old July 21st 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

People who get excited about sprinters winning a stage in the Tour de
France are ****ed up.

That stage Cavendish won in the rain was exciting.

No it wasn't. You don't seem to understand that in a field sprint in
the Tour de France only 30% of the teams and a handful of riders are
even trying to win it. The rest are just there for a tow.

So fifty of the top guys in the world are dueling it out and you think
that's boring?

Old July 21st 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 21, 12:46*am, Howard Kveck wrote:

* *I agree that he was thrashed and should have stopped, but my point was Cipo bailed
from the race (when he said he would) and turned up looking tanned, rested and ready
on a beach the next day. He only did as little as he felt he was obligated to do
(though winning a lot).

I think there's some kind of parallel, and one not too awfully
strained, with the trackies I used to see winning primes in the
Greater Chicagoland area all those many years ago. So they got gas
money and didn't have to ride the whole crit, at least in some cases,
I'm sure, and then on to Northbrook or Kenosha for their real racing.
Shorter, faster.

Finishing a TdF is an achievement. Noted, special prize for the last
guy over g. But, not if it "hurts your profession".

Some marks against Cipo for sure but then it was great (sit, Maggie,
sit!) watching the Cipo Express do what they did best. --D-y
Old July 21st 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SandpointGuy

On Jul 21, 5:26*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

There's only 1 winner of the Tour de France. *Everything else is a
statistic and there's no need to get too excited about it.

Please. Every team sport you see is starting to emphasize individual
accomplishments (whether good or bad), and this "there is only 1
winner ..." righteousness is sooo 1990s. You dont think sprinters
dont know that sprint wins in the tdf will get them a lot more money
than being a domestique? There are a lot of people who think that the
last 3k of a sprint win is a lot more interesting than the last 10k of
mountain climbs where the first 10 guys are 5 minutes apart in the
standings.

Mark Cavendish the first [email protected] Racing 20 April 21st 08 03:00 AM
Stage 5: where's Mark Cavendish? D.M. Procida UK 2 July 20th 07 11:44 AM
Cavendish again Dan Gregory UK 0 May 26th 07 05:50 PM
Cavendish again! Dan Gregory UK 0 May 22nd 07 05:41 PM
Mark Cavendish Dan Gregory UK 0 May 10th 07 07:20 PM