Tyler tests positive

Old April 17th 09, 02:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

Default Tyler tests positive

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/18/sp...tml?ref=sports

Some never learn...

- dave a

Old April 17th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Apr 17, 7:52*am, dave a wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/18/sp...tml?ref=sports

Some never learn...

- dave a

There may be a liitle more to the story
http://cycleto.com/index.php?option=...article&id=895

DR
Old April 17th 09, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Apr 17, 8:22*am, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Apr 17, 7:52*am, dave a wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/18/sp...tml?ref=sports

Some never learn...

- dave a

There may be a liitle more to the storyhttp://cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=895

DR

A more complete acount
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cyclin...ory?id=4075873
Old April 17th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 17, 10:22*am, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Apr 17, 7:52*am, dave a wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/18/sp...tml?ref=sports

Some never learn...

- dave a

There may be a liitle more to the storyhttp://cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=895

DR

yeah, in addition to being a pro cyclist he is a self-taught
geneticist and pharmacutical technologist= he has valid explanations
for everything, it's just the rest of the world has not yet caught up
to his expertise
Old April 17th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
P. Chisholm

On Apr 17, 7:52*am, dave a wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/18/sp...tml?ref=sports

Some never learn...

- dave a

There may be a liitle more to the storyhttp://cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=895

DR

yeah, in addition to being a pro cyclist he is a self-taught
geneticist and pharmacutical technologist= he has valid explanations
for everything, it's just the rest of the world has not yet caught up
to his expertise

NOT defending him at all but if truly has a mental illness that
'drove' him to this, I feel for him. Who cares about bike racing, he
needs medical help if he is sick.
Depression, from somebody that has first hand experience with it, can
be devastating, deadly.
Old April 17th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Apr 17, 10:39*am, "P. Chisholm" wrote:

NOT defending him at all but if truly has a mental illness that
'drove' him to this, I feel for him. Who cares about bike racing, he
needs medical help if he is sick.
Depression, from somebody that has first hand experience with it, can
be devastating, deadly.

You can easily see it in Tyler's eyes. Not that many years ago he had
an easiness to his face - now he has that hunted look around his eyes.

Old April 17th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

On Apr 17, 7:52 am, dave a wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/18/sp...tml?ref=sports
Some never learn...
- dave a

There may be a liitle more to the storyhttp://cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=895

DR

yeah, in addition to being a pro cyclist he is a self-taught
geneticist and pharmacutical technologist= he has valid explanations
for everything, it's just the rest of the world has not yet caught up
to his expertise

Dude, DHEA is not a rational approach to doping at the level
he is competing at. Just sayin'.

Bob Schwartz
Old April 17th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kenny Labbé

On Apr 17, 9:54*am, Bob Schwartz bob.schwa...@sbc
Dude, DHEA is not a rational approach to doping at the level
he is competing at. Just sayin'.

Bob Schwartz

Well, since it's not rational use, we'll let it slide.

Depression is serious. Don't 30 million Americans deal with it? But
I'm wondering if some of his depression wasn't brought on by his own
actions/decisions. I'm sure his conscience would clear if he sent
Ekimov the Gold Medal that he stole.

Old April 17th 09, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Feeley[_2_]

Default Tyler tests positive...and announces retirement

On Apr 17, 7:52 am, dave a wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/18/sp...tml?ref=sports
Some never learn...
- dave a
There may be a liitle more to the
storyhttp://cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=895

DR

yeah, in addition to being a pro cyclist he is a self-taught
geneticist and pharmacutical technologist= he has valid explanations
for everything, it's just the rest of the world has not yet caught up
to his expertise

Dude, DHEA is not a rational approach to doping at the level
he is competing at. Just sayin'.

Bob Schwartz

Bonnie Ford quotes Tyler, "Did I take it knowing it was on the banned list?
Yes. Did I take it because it was performance-enhancing? Absolutely not."

Did he think he'd test positive, and perhaps at some level want to? I have
no idea.

Would DHEA do much for his performance? Not as I understand it.

Would he want to face another long expensive fight against USADA et al? I
doubt it.

Sad end to a once-promising career.

Jim
PS- I don't check messages sent directly to this email address. Too much
spam. But I'm not hard to find on the internet...
--
Jim Feeley
POV Media

Old April 17th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Jim Feeley wrote:
Bonnie Ford quotes Tyler, "Did I take it knowing it was on the banned list?
Yes. Did I take it because it was performance-enhancing? Absolutely not."

Did he think he'd test positive, and perhaps at some level want to? I have
no idea.

Would DHEA do much for his performance? Not as I understand it.

Would he want to face another long expensive fight against USADA et al? I
doubt it.

Why do Americans like to make statements in the form of a Q&A? I don't know.