Adults Who Ride with their Children are Losers

Old July 27th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default Adults Who Ride with their Children are Losers

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...s-bicycle.html

Even if the kid has a mellon cap how can any adult who rides with a
child on the back guarantee they won't crash? Since pros crash on
routine training rides all the time even when by themselves (Landis), on
what basis do adults with little bike riding experience and spaz-level
Booby Jew-lick skills and no racing experience whatsoever take their
children with them on the back of a bike?

This just reinforces whenever I see an adult riding a bike with their
kid in one of those child seats on the back...I think "What a ****ing
A-hole - he can't guarantee he won't stack it and turn the kid into a
Saul Raisin mellonhead."

Please discuss.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old July 27th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Texan in Belgium

Its certain that you have never been to Europe.

Old July 27th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Jul 27, 12:32*pm, Texan in Belgium wrote:
Its certain that you have never been to Europe.

europe has nothing to do with. get over yourself. strapping kids into
these little cages and then cruising out into traffic is just stupid
(whether of not you're a Fred).

they should charge the idiot father in that article with murder.
Old July 27th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Magilla

Do you just sit around forming these tiny thoughts out of the vapor
and then broadcasting them on RBR?

Read a book. Take a trip to europe or around the world. Do something
besides posting every tiny thought that comes into your head on RBR.
And I emphasize "tiny thought"
Old July 27th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Texan in Belgium wrote:

Its certain that you have never been to Europe.

I've been to Europe. The first thing I notice are all the blind people
in the street begging for money.

Magilla

Old July 27th 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

bar wrote:

On Jul 27, 12:32*pm, Texan in Belgium wrote:
Its certain that you have never been to Europe.

europe has nothing to do with. get over yourself. strapping kids into
these little cages and then cruising out into traffic is just stupid
(whether of not you're a Fred).

they should charge the idiot father in that article with murder.

This is the correct answer. Can you imagine being the frightened child
who is strapped to the bike seat while Booby Jew-lick is the pilot...you
just know he's gonna stack it in the turn and crack the kid's mellon open
on the curb like a Saul Raisin bad dream.

Magilla

Old July 27th 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

There are probably 10,000 worse things to do with a child then putting
one on the back of your bike. Now and then one of these children are
going to die.
Old July 27th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Anton Berlin wrote:

Magilla

Do you just sit around forming these tiny thoughts out of the vapor
and then broadcasting them on RBR?

Read a book. Take a trip to europe or around the world. Do something
besides posting every tiny thought that comes into your head on RBR.
And I emphasize "tiny thought"

If I were you, I would capitalize the name of a continent and stop giving
these little educational lectures to the only guy who's the closest thing
to Einstein in this newgroup.

Magilla

Old July 27th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Anton Berlin wrote:

There are probably 10,000 worse things to do with a child then putting
one on the back of your bike. Now and then one of these children are
going to die.

Putting a kid in a plastic bucket on the back of your rig and riding
around in traffic is both irresponsible and reckless. 99.99% of adults
who do this are total ****ing spazzes on a bike and would stack it in the
first 5 miles of any group ride or even out alone if they get past mile
10. Most adults have horrendous bike handling skills that makes riding
with a kid on the back about as safe as paddling out on a surfboard
beyond the breakers off the coast of South Africa with a 20 lb slab of
bloody horsemeat tied to your leg.

The people I see riding with their kids on the back of their rig are
about as skilled in bike handling as your average age group triathlete
with his gay-bars out on a group ride.

Besides, a true quality bike racer could have easily have beat that
****ing train.

Old July 27th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
marco

MagillaGorilla wrote:
This just reinforces whenever I see an adult riding a bike with their
kid in one of those child seats on the back...I think "What a ****ing
A-hole - he can't guarantee he won't stack it and turn the kid into a
Saul Raisin mellonhead."

I cannot even read that story you linked to because my blood will boil and
make a mess all over my work.

That said, I fondly remember Rory O'Reilly out on our group rides with a
tricked out tandem that had a crankset at the TOP of the rear seat tube and
a very young Cody O'Reilly riding on the back with his tiny little legs. I
think he even drilled and tapped pedal holes halfway down the crank arms so
Cody could turn reasonable size circles. Rory would sprint full gas in the
group on that rig with Cody. They never crashed, and you can probably
somewhat credit Cody's skill as a US field sprinter today to those early
rides. That would be kind of ironic if you were who that Anton Berlin
motor-mouth thinks you are...

Mark