Chaos, death and disaster - several bombs have just exploded in London ;-(

Old July 7th 05, 03:29 PM
Dog3

"bomba" wrote in
oups.com:

spademan o---[) * wrote:

Hope this is over soon enough bomba, you going to be stuck in the
office overnight?

The police are letting us leave our buildings now and London Bridge
station is open, so I should be able to get home. Contingency plan of
catching one of the boats down to Greenwich, and in worst case scenario
a six mile walk.

It'll be uncomfortable and probably take an age, but in comparison to
what others are going through, I'll just count myself lucky.

Please be safe. I wish you a safe and speedy journey home.

Michael
Old July 7th 05, 03:32 PM
spademan o---[) *

Glad to hear it. I'd be wary of getting on anything resembling a tube
train, but thats how they win though isn't it. I imagine there will be
a lot more cycle commuters tomorrow..

Old July 7th 05, 03:33 PM
Sarah

"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
news.net...

Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed dead.
This
is bad, real, real bad...

They've confirmed 33 dead, not including the bus. It seems unreal.
It's awful for those in London, at times like this I'm glad I live in a
small town, but you never know where they'll strike. It's not like there is
any sense to their thinking!
Sarah

Old July 7th 05, 03:37 PM
Shaun aRe

"Chris Glidden" wrote in message

"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
news.net...

Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed dead.
This
is bad, real, real bad...

;-(

I hope any of you in London, or who have friends or relatives in

London -
well I just hope to hells you are ALL alright/. Be safe.

Shaun aRe
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

Good luck guys.

Cheers Chris.

It's looking uglier by the minute - ~300 hundred + injured, 50 - 100 dead, a
lot of walking wounded on top of that.

Ugh!

Shaun

Old July 7th 05, 03:39 PM
Shaun aRe

"JohnH" wrote in message
Shaun aRe wrote:
Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed
dead. This is bad, real, real bad...

;-(

Condolences from the USA, my friend. Be strong, we're thinking about you
here.

Cheers John. I'm fine, it's those close by, and those who have lost
someone... it cannot be easy...

Shaun

Old July 7th 05, 03:45 PM

Sarah wrote:
"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
news.net...

Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed dead.
This
is bad, real, real bad...

They've confirmed 33 dead, not including the bus. It seems unreal.
It's awful for those in London, at times like this I'm glad I live in a
small town, but you never know where they'll strike. It's not like there is
any sense to their thinking!
Sarah

I was on the tube behind the one that exploded at Aldgate east. Just a
normal day with normal delays, or so I thought. I'd just got on the
district line at Mile End, everything was running normally. at 08:50
the train stopped at Whitechapel and after about 5 mins an announcement
about a power failure was made. I just got off and walked the 10 mins
to my office which is near Aldgate East. The first I heard of it was
when my friends and family started to call to see if I was OK. As I sit
here now and watch events unfold I just thank my lucky stars that I
wasn't a fraction earlier on the tube this morning.

Mike

Old July 7th 05, 03:48 PM
Shaun aRe

"Sarah" wrote in message
k...

"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
news.net...

Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed dead.
This
is bad, real, real bad...

They've confirmed 33 dead, not including the bus. It seems unreal.
It's awful for those in London, at times like this I'm glad I live in a
small town, but you never know where they'll strike. It's not like there

is
any sense to their thinking!
Sarah

There is no sense to murder.

Let us not forget, these are not the only people to be committing murder in
the world, in the name of what they believe in.

I too am thankful not to be in the thick of this.

Cheers,

Shaun.

Old July 7th 05, 03:50 PM
Shaun aRe

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sarah wrote:
"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
[...]

Holy hells. You OK?

Shaun

Old July 7th 05, 03:55 PM
MattB

bomba wrote:
spademan o---[) * wrote:

Bomba is holed up in his office ATM.
The whole thing really sucks, must be bloody scary for anyone in London.

Aye, London's not a happy place at the moment. Pretty much the only
sounds are sirens and helicopters.

As far as I can tell, all my family and friends are ok. I've had a fair
few concerned phone calls and e-mails, as I normally work out of an
office round the corner from Moorgate (scene of one of the blasts).
However, I'm working out of our other office today.

Anyway, **** 'em. We've been through worse, we'll come through this.

Wow. Stay safe everyone. Truly a sad day. As much as I hope it won't
happen, I imagine this will continue to spiral into more ugliness and
suffering.

Glad you guys are OK. I wonder how my other London friends are fairing...

Matt (former Fullum resident)
Old July 7th 05, 04:04 PM
small change

Shaun aRe wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message
Condolences from the USA, my friend. Be strong, we're thinking
about you here.

Cheers John. I'm fine, it's those close by, and those who have lost
someone... it cannot be easy...

Shaun

another massive tragedy in the name of politics and religion, very sad. My
prayers are for peace and an end to violence.

These posting are reminiscent to 9/11 - I used to be on a list serve and one
of the members worked about 2 blocks from ground zero. We were getting
minute by minute reports from her, then a deadly silence for a few hours
while she walked home, and then more reports on what that was like.

Shaune, what's up with alt. skunks anyway?

Penny S