Dahon D7

Old September 10th 05, 07:15 PM

Default Dahon D7

Just got a Dahon D7 to use from the car park at work to the office
which is a 2 mile ride or a 40 minute journey by bus. Yep you read that
right 2 miles, wait 15 minutes for bus, spend 30 minutes on bus while
it chokes in traffic around T3 at Heathrow Airport. Not any more.

Brand new bike came with scratch on frame and on crank, scratch on main
handle bar post and tiny split in underside of saddle. Is that normal?
I dont really want to return it as these seem hard to get and I need it
right now!

Rode it around the block and it went very well, better than I expected
have to admit to being pleasantly surprised that a folding bike felt so
together! Its in the back of my Focus right now... who else has got one
of these?

Tight lines!

http://piscatorialtimes.blogspot.com/

Old September 11th 05, 11:43 AM
D.M. Procida

wrote:

Brand new bike came with scratch on frame and on crank, scratch on main
handle bar post and tiny split in underside of saddle. Is that normal?
I dont really want to return it as these seem hard to get and I need it
right now!

Are you going to enjoy by looking at its pristine paintwork and lacquer,
or by riding it? It's going to acquire plenty of honourably earned
scratches and marks in its lifetime, just like a decent piece of
furniture will, and just like a decent piece of furniture it is more
than capable of absorbing them into its character. So you may as well
enjoy them.

Daniele
Old September 11th 05, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the replies and yes I agree that over time the bike will
pick up a few knocks through usage so I guess it does not matter very
much, however would people accept a brand new car with similar
scratches?

Anyway its a great bike more agile and solid than I ever expected and
with a fair turn of speed too. I certainly will not miss that awful bus
ride around T3!

Thanks.

http://piscatorialtimes.blogspot.com/

Old September 11th 05, 01:09 PM
D.M. Procida

wrote:

Thanks for the replies and yes I agree that over time the bike will
pick up a few knocks through usage so I guess it does not matter very
much, however would people accept a brand new car with similar
scratches?

Probably not, but then people are particularly idiotic about cars.

Daniele
Old September 12th 05, 10:35 AM
daren

Obvious not a carbon fibre frame! I have secured the scotchbrite for
the new bike already. Of course it has no paint and scratches polish
out :-)

There is a reason why one has a Black brompton....Travel bikes will get
scratched. It's called patina.

Why anyone would use the Oxford Park & Ride is an absolute mystery to
me. Pay to park the car then fleeced to ride a bus.

regards,
daren
--
remove outer garment for reply

Old September 12th 05, 12:34 PM
Simon Brooke

Default Scratches in carbon fibre (was Dahon D7)

in message .com, daren
') wrote:

Obvious not a carbon fibre frame! I have secured the scotchbrite for
the new bike already. Of course it has no paint and scratches polish
out :-)

Please do go on...

My carbon frame has a number of minor scratches and some hazing from
cable rub. I was wondering if there was anything practical I could do
about this and wondered if T-Cut would be safe. Are you saying
scotchbrite works? Do you know this from first hand experience?

The trouble with Simon is that he only opens his mouth to change feet.
;; of me, by a 'friend'