Cyclist hits granny in pavement crash in Brighton

Old January 25th 09, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Default Cyclist hits granny in pavement crash in Brighton

Tony Dragon wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:09:32 +0000
_ wrote:

Fit the
******* with number plates and there will be an amazing reduction in
lawbreaking cycling.

It works so well with motorists, after all ...

All I though is my daughter probably would have got the number of the
car, but could not have got the number of the bike.

To much Sunday wine, correction follows

All I know is my daughter probably would have got the number of the
car, but could not have got the number of the bike.

--
Tony the Dragon
Old January 25th 09, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:27:09 +0000 someone who may be "Just zis Guy,
you know?" wrote this:-

Or how about the vehicle is arrested and the driver crushed? ;-)

Human Rights Act:-)

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old January 25th 09, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:31:24 -0000 someone who may be "fred2"
wrote this:-

What about this one?

http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/

August 2008

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/December2008.htm
is fascinating. Any cyclist would be well advised to adopt the
primary position early and throughout the whole of that disaster,
ignoring the bike "facility" completely.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old January 25th 09, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:22:14 +0000, Tony Dragon
said in
:

Nope.

As I said you agree with cyclist's breaking the law, glad we have
established that.

As I said, nope. So we haven't established it, but you repeated the
falsehood. Goodbye.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old January 25th 09, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_9_]

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:22:14 +0000, Tony Dragon
said in
:

Nope.

As I said you agree with cyclist's breaking the law, glad we have
established that.

As I said, nope. So we haven't established it, but you repeated the
falsehood. Goodbye.

The case for the prosecution rests, m'lud.
LOL Chapman, you really are a 'tard, aint ya?
Old January 25th 09, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:22:14 +0000, Tony Dragon
said in
:

Nope.

As I said you agree with cyclist's breaking the law, glad we have
established that.

As I said, nope. So we haven't established it, but you repeated the
falsehood. Goodbye.

Guy

As you have said nope, but as you have not denied it, we must take it
that you agree with illegal activities.
No falsehood repeated on my part, but at least you have shown your true
colours.
May you carry on believing in yourself.

Goodbye

--
Tony the Dragon
Old January 25th 09, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:55:48 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:22:14 +0000, Tony Dragon
said in
:

Nope.

As I said you agree with cyclist's breaking the law, glad we have
established that.

As I said, nope. So we haven't established it, but you repeated the
falsehood. Goodbye.

Guy

"Goodbye" eh?

What's up Guy was he getting the better of you?

Why not just admit that you are wrong and others are right for once in
your life?

I think that you will find that there were no falsehoods from Mr
Dragon - but there were the usual number from yourself.

I have no problem with those who make genuine mistakes and errors - I
cannot abide those who are intentionally untruthful and deceitful.

You are despicable.

judith

--

If you're going to make snide insinuations about the author,
as you undoubtedly did, then you can **** right off. (Guy Chapman)
Old January 26th 09, 12:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

fred2 wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message
David Hansen wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:07:39 +0000 someone who may be Jolly Polly
wrote this:-

The pavement is the sole preserve of the pedestrian
However, councils are adding white paint and blue signs to
pavements. By magic that turns the pavement into a "cycle facility",
which cyclists are supposed to be grateful for and want to use.

These farcilities are not looked on with favour by many cyclists,
but when they ignore them in favour of the roads they are
"encouraged" by some motorists to get on the pavement. Even where
there is no magic paint and signs some motorists "encourage"
cyclists to get on the pavement "where they belong".

No-one is complaining at cyclists' use of such "facilities".

The discussion is about illegal use of footways which are *not* designated
as cycle racetracks (eg, most of Central London - and the footway at the
bottom of my driveway).

But why lose the opportunity to try to change the subject, eh?

What about this one?

http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/

August 2008

Without reading every sub-page, is that a pro-pedestrian website which seeks
to dissuade illegal footway cycling?

I don't get that impression from the page you cite (which is the only one
I've looked at).
Old January 26th 09, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:22:04 +0000, Tony Dragon
said in
:

I have no idea if the hospital added the incident into the stats, do you?

I think you'll find that hospitals add *all* admission incidents to
the stats.

Guy

That's fair enough, because all the PP ever said about it was that neither he
nor his injured daughter had reported the collision (when she was hit by a
cyclist illegally cycling along the footway) to the police.

What the hospital do is their own business.
Old January 26th 09, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:48:28 +0000, Tony Dragon
said in
:

You missed the word deliberately after ridden.

You missed the point. If large numbers of cycles are deliberately
ridden on the footway, legally or not, and vehicles are rarely
driven deliberately on the footway, then how much more stark is the
contrast between the injury figures, with motor vehicles accounting
for many times more reported injuries to pedestrians on the footway
than cycles.

Where are the figures upon which you so bullishly assert that?

Pavement cyclist killed Tony Raven UK 1 November 4th 06 08:07 PM
Pavement cyclist Colin Blackburn UK 39 September 12th 05 03:43 PM
Tyler hits the pavement one last time [email protected] Racing 0 April 19th 05 12:02 AM
"Pavement cyclist is first to be fined" Pete Bentley UK 19 January 24th 05 02:59 AM
Pavement cyclist falls off. Peter B UK 3 November 24th 03 06:10 PM