Spindrift Automatically Blames the Motorist

Old January 31st 09, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

Default Spindrift Automatically Blames the Motorist

No-one can seriously claim otherwise after reading this thread (among
many others):

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...2c071420be8f0#

Every time there's an incident between a cyclist and a motorist,
Spindrift automatically blames the motorist, regardless of who was
actually at fault. Why? Because he thinks the motorist shouldn't be
driving in the first place, and that that's more important than who's
at fault (or pretty much anything else really). Why does he not just
admit that when it's so screamingly obvious? Because he's mental, and
he's so deluded that he seriously believes that people fall for the
"I'm not anti-motorist" and "I drive myself" rubbish.

It's people like Spindrift, of which there are only a few (but
unfortunately they're very vocal and determined), that are almost
entirely to blame for what bad feeling there actually is between
motorists and cyclists. It's utterly shameful. Only today, I gave
way to a cyclist and gave him plenty of space when I could have
carried on, and got a wave of thanks. Everyone was happy. It would
always be like that between motorists and cyclists if ******s like
Spindrift (and the person who posted the Youtube clip, who could
actually be Spindrift as well...or at least it could be if Spindrift
really cycled) weren't intentionally stirring it and causing conflict
between modes of transport where there otherwise wouldn't be any.

People like that don't care about safety, they're just little ****s
who refuse to play nicely and don't deserve to share the roads with
anyone, because they're not interested in cooperating, they're just
interested in forcing their particular viewpoint on which modes of
transport are acceptable onto *everyone*, all the time. *Everything*
that they do which is connected with transport, either on the roads,
online or when "debating" transport offline is about giving motorists
a hard time for daring to drive rather than cycle. They're utter
dicks, and I'd be so very happy if they all disappeared off the face
of the Earth this very second. There's nothing useful or necessary
about them, they're just parasites who needlessly make society worse
and more trying than it has to be. WHEN are they going to accept that
they're never going to stop people driving by employing spiteful,
bullying, dishonest and militant tactics? Will the penny ever drop?

Well, Spindrift? Will it?
Old January 31st 09, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...e91 d49f8976c
Old January 31st 09, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Jan 31, 8:39*pm, spindrift wrote:
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...read/thread/28...

So you're occasionally happy to blame cyclists who are in conflict
with pedestrians. But do you ever blame cyclists who are in conflict
with *motorists* (which, quite clearly, was the point of my OP)? If
you don't (or if you only do so extremely rarely, when you've been
backed into a corner), that points towards you having a bit of a
problem with motorists per se, does it not?

This would appear to be yet another case of "Spindrift can't prove the
point he wants to, so he posts an irrelevant link and/or copied and
pasted passage instead".
Old January 31st 09, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On Jan 31, 9:06*am, Nuxx Bar wrote:
On Jan 31, 8:39*pm, spindrift wrote:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...read/thread/28...

So you're occasionally happy to blame cyclists who are in conflict
with pedestrians. *But do you ever blame cyclists who are in conflict
with *motorists* (which, quite clearly, was the point of my OP)? *If
you don't (or if you only do so extremely rarely, when you've been
backed into a corner), that points towards you having a bit of a
problem with motorists per se, does it not?

This would appear to be yet another case of "Spindrift can't prove the
point he wants to, so he posts an irrelevant link and/or copied and
pasted passage instead".

Do you think cyclists who jump red lights only threaten and intimidate
pedestrians?

They also cause motorists to swerve, brake dangerously, carry out
dangerous manoevers and threaten other road users.

Red light jumping cyclists could cause a motorist to swerve and
collide with another car or, God forbid, a vulnerable road user.

Cyclists who jump red lights create havoc sometimes, they do a great
disservice to law-abiding cyclists like me, that's why I sometimes
remonstrate with them although it's often pointless as my link makes
clear.

Why do you think cyclists bad behaviour only impacts on pedestrians?

That's a rather blinkered way of looking at things, with respect.

Cyclists who don't obey the rules make things harder for me and harder
for motorists.

Motorists see cyclists disobey signals and think "Well, if they're not
bothered then the next cyclist I see will receive the same discourtesy
back.

Do you see what I mean?

Bad behaviour on the roads impacts everyone, not just one set of road
users, I'm surprised you need to have this explained, and cyclists who
blatantly and flagrantly ignore traffic signals impact on every other
road user.

Old January 31st 09, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Jan 31, 9:31*pm, spindrift wrote:
[...]

Are you going to post a link to where you have previously blamed the
cyclist when discussing an incident between a cyclist and a motorist?
Or are you going to have the grace to admit that you have never done
that?

And I've always known that "with respect" means the exact opposite,
but you take it to new extremes.
Old January 31st 09, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

"Are you going to post a link to where you have previously blamed the
cyclist when discussing an incident between a cyclist and a motorist?"

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...read/thread/28...

RLJing cyclists annoy and upset motorists. Read the link.

Unless you fel RLJing cyclists don't annoy motorists of course?

I criticise cyclists who jump red lights.

Unless you feel cyclists who jump red lights don't annoy motorists
then you must concede I blame the cyclist when their idiotic behaviour
brings them into conflict with motorists.

Do you think cyclists who jump red lights don't annoy motorists?

Old February 1st 09, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Jan 31, 9:58 pm, spindrift wrote:
"Are you going to post a link to where you have previously blamed the

cyclist when discussing an incident between a cyclist and a motorist?"

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...read/thread/28...

RLJing cyclists annoy and upset motorists. Read the link.

Unless you fel RLJing cyclists don't annoy motorists of course?

I criticise cyclists who jump red lights.

Unless you feel cyclists who jump red lights don't annoy motorists
then you must concede I blame the cyclist when their idiotic behaviour
brings them into conflict with motorists.

Do you think cyclists who jump red lights don't annoy motorists?

They certainly annoy me. But since you're (deliberately, almost
certainly) misunderstanding my original challenge, let me rephrase it
unambiguously.

In the thread that I linked to in the OP of this thread, you commented
on a specific and actual incident between a motorist and a cyclist,
and you blamed the motorist. I have seen you do exactly the same
thing with a large number of other specific and actual incidents (i.e.
those which have been reported by news outlets, reported by posters,
posted on Youtube, etc). However, I have never seen a post from you,
regarding a specific and actual incident between a motorist and a
cyclist, where you have blamed the cyclist, and not the motorist. If
such a post exists, please point it out (or preferably, if you want to
keep up the pretence that you don't have a problem with motorists in
general, point out a lot more than one such post, as you have blamed
the motorist for specific and actual incidents between motorists and
cyclists many, many times, so you're going to have to work pretty hard
to show that there isn't a heavy motorist-blaming bias in posts where
you have commented on such incidents).

If you've never, or only very rarely, made such posts, why is that if
it's not because you've got it in for motorists?
Old February 1st 09, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

So you agree the bad cyclist's behaviour I highlighted does annoy
motorists. Which flatly contradicts your claim that I never criticise
cyclists when they come into conflict with motorists through
inattentive or illegal behaviour. I criticised cyclists for annoying
motorists, you've just admitted you are annoyed by RLJing as well, so
I plainly don't "automatically" blame the motorist. I blamed the
cyclist.

You've made a series of claims about letter bombs and hate mail.

I've answered your question, now tell me where and when these events
took place. You claimed a year ago that charges were due to be laid
and nothing's happened.

You claimed Guy is a paedophile and I'm a terrorist, on what do you
base these serious allegations?

What acts of paedophilia has Guy engaged in?

What acts of terrorism do you think I've carried out?

Are you receiving any kind of counselling at all?

Old February 1st 09, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Feb 1, 12:36*pm, spindrift wrote:
[...]

So, you can't point out such a link. My point is therefore proven.
Over and out.

Spindrift Sir Jeremy UK 6 March 17th 07 08:59 PM
Idiot Mother Blames NYC Transit Strike For Son Getting Hit [email protected] General 5 January 13th 06 04:56 PM
Lance blames fast food. Callistus Valerius Racing 38 July 22nd 04 07:22 AM
why increasing strength doesn't (automatically) increase power Andy Coggan Racing 121 November 21st 03 05:17 PM