SuperGo Weyless Ultra frame recall

Old August 1st 03, 10:07 AM
Slash

Default SuperGo Weyless Ultra frame recall

Just saw this on supergo's website, thought I'd post it in case anyone
has one or knows someone who does.

Full text, apologies if it messes up, I just copied out of the PDF and
pasted it:

---------------------

Voluntary recall of “Weyless Ultra” aluminum mountain bike frames
post until 6/15/03
Recall Hotline: 800-954-4245 M-F 8am to 4:30pm Fax: 800-576-0221
www.supergo.com
In cooperation with the U.S. CPSC, Supergo Corp. of Santa Monica CA is
voluntarily recalling
159 “Weyless Ultra” aluminum mountain bike frames. These frames were
sold through Supergo
stores and catalogs between August 15, 2001 and August 31, 2002. The
retail price for the frame
was $299.
Supergo has had four reports of breakages of the top and down tubes of
the frame. No
injuries have been reported. A photograph of the recalled frame (shown
with a sample fork and
seatpost) is below. The frame is matte black in color with a yellow
sticker on the down tube that says
“Weyless” and one on the top tube that says “Ultra”. The serial number
is located on the bottom of
the bottom bracket and the range recalled is PG1210201 through
PG1210400. It was sold in sizes
14”, 16”, 18”, 20”and 22”.
If you have this frame, stop using it immediately and contact Supergo
customer service at
the numbers above for replacement and return instructions on the
frame.You will be provided with a
newly designed Weyless Ultra frame free of charge.
If you bought the frame for a friend or family member who does not
live with you, or if you
have sold the frame to someone, please advise us of their name and
address immediately so that
we can send them this notice. If you know of anyone who bought the
frame, or may be using it,
please let us know their name and address as well so that we can send
this notice.
Supergo apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause you, however
we are concerned
for your safety. It is therefore very important that you act upon this
information immediately, as others
who do not receive this notice may be relying upon you.
Color photo of recalled Weyless Ultra frame (pictured with fork, stem,
and seatpost sold separately)

---------------------

PDF is he
http://www.supergo.com/pdffiles/reca...2%3A00%3A19+AM

Has a pic of the frame.

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"
-The Onion
Old August 1st 03, 11:00 AM
Slash

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 02:39:08 -0700, "John Morgan"
scribbled:

Yeah, I saw one of those broken frames in person, and I have to say I've
never seen anything like it. You'll never guess how much the guy weighed
and what he was using the bike for.

-John Morgan

130lbs, JRA? Too obvious?

-Slash