Cheap Wind trainer - is it worth it?

Old January 12th 06, 10:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Cheap Wind trainer - is it worth it?

I'm thinking of getting some kind of trainer for winter but the budget
is tight (actually at the moment there is no budget). I've seen the
following advetrised on ebay a few times now and was wondering what the
opinion is on it. I know absolutely nothing about trainers but during
winter I would like to be able to train at night and some kind of
trainer seems the best way to do it. I'll be in my workshop so noise
won't be a problem. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ADME:B:SS:AU:1

DaveB
Old January 12th 06, 10:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle

DaveB wrote:
I'm thinking of getting some kind of trainer for winter but the budget
is tight (actually at the moment there is no budget). I've seen the
following advetrised on ebay a few times now and was wondering what the
opinion is on it. I know absolutely nothing about trainers but during
winter I would like to be able to train at night and some kind of
trainer seems the best way to do it. I'll be in my workshop so noise
won't be a problem. Any thoughts?

Here's my thoughts :

http://www.aboc.com.au/perl/tips.pl?p=spinners

Old January 12th 06, 10:37 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve wrote:

Here's my thoughts :

http://www.aboc.com.au/perl/tips.pl?p=spinners

Thanks Carl. All questions answered on the ABOC site. You'll get Sheldon
status if you're not careful.

DaveB
Old January 12th 06, 11:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle

DaveB Wrote:
I'm thinking of getting some kind of trainer for winter but the budget
is tight (actually at the moment there is no budget).
Any thoughts?
DaveB

Indoor trainers = awesome. If you can stretch your $ to get a fluid2,
awesome^2...

cheers,
GPL

--
gplama

For Trainer Users Only Colorado Bicycler General 32 November 9th 05 01:23 AM
How best to improve a cheap bike? Pyromancer UK 11 May 21st 04 02:56 PM
Suggestions please - looking for a trainer bike (e.g. cheap) 1 1/8" threadless fork Callas UK 14 April 18th 04 08:31 PM
The wind.... David Waters UK 5 March 21st 04 02:27 AM
Resistance Trainer: Am I wrecking my frame??? JayofMontreal Techniques 36 November 6th 03 09:31 PM