3 accidents in half a month

Old June 16th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default 3 accidents in half a month

Sometimes you have these kind of days...

1 (stupid):
Two weeks ago I'm riding on a footpath, early in the morning, very
relaxed, as usual just on 20", and just drinkin' Cherry Coke. I enter
an empty crossing between the houses of that street, where I have the
right of way. However I always slow down, as you just never know.
All over sudden a woman comes around the corner on bicycle with VERY
high speed (on the footpath, while there is a cyclepath). Despite my
slow speed, and even with my experience on unicycle plus my semi-pro
bicycling experience, I can't move away for only that half a body-width
out of the line she's in. And decide to let me be hit straigth in front
(catching her handlebars to take over control).
She said "sorry", but tells me I should not ride on the footpath
neither. I tell her I should, as I'm pedestrian by law. She asks wether
I'm sure. I tell her that if she wants to discuss I will call out the
cops.
She's I guess about 15 years older than I am, and I tell her she's
stupid to ride this unresponsible.
What if a baby-pushcart was there? Or someone in a wheelchair? Could
have become even more disabled for life!
Then she starts talking in a way implicating I should shut up because
she already said sorry. In other words I'm not allowed to complain I
was just hit. I loose my patience with her, and want to put that
adrealine-rush she caused at the right place. But as I wont hit women,
I splash the entire content of my bottle of cherry coke into her
haircut that must have took her 44 years to create. Now she starts
screaming like a pig, telling me I'm an idiot. The tone in her voice
made me conclude the result was even much better than I could have
imagened. She goes back home, I turn 180 degrees to buy myself a new
bottle.

2 (dumb):
The day before yesterday I was riding at a cyclepath, entering an
overtake, where I had to yield to pedestrians.
A fat man watches my unicycling, keeping me in doubt wether he will or
wont cross the cyclepath. It looks like he wont, so I ride on. So far
so good, but...
When I passed him he keeps watching me, while he starts crossing the
cyclepath... and he got hit by the bicyclist behind me.
But as the man was very fat and heavy, the bicyclist smacks to the
ground! with an awfull sound.
In the Netherlands pedestrian are very protected by law. The worst
thing you can do is making a crash at such a overtake.
Cause even if a pedestrian walked trough a red light there, it will be
your mistake.
As I was'nt to blame (-she did'nt yield to the pedestrian-), I rather
stayed out of any conversation, and as I saw that others took care of
her already, I made my way out of there.

3 (wierd):
Today I was entering a crossing. The cycle-traffic-light for straight
on is green, while the car-traffic-light for right is green as well
(which means always a tricky situation). The car driver -who has to
give way to me- is paying too much attention to me as unicyclist, he
does'nt look in font, the road is wet, his car obvious has no ABS, and
so he hits the car in front of him. As the crossing was busy... both
drivers just continued their (different) ways without even stopping.
Just like me.

Now the month is only half-way, but I do hope to always stay out of
these kind of things.

--
leo

leo vandewoestijne
*'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
'www.unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/), try the 'improved
standard skill selector'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/standard_flash.cfm), or 'dig'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/search.cfm) the sorted 'archive'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/archive.cfm) of over 2,750 clips!*
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Old June 16th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Bike lights? Thats awesome.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Old June 16th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That first one is priceles...I laughed my ass off.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old June 16th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i thought they all were good

--
lucky_8

unicycle for christ
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

Old June 16th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i suppose that pouring Cherry Coke into a girls hair isnt as bad as
punching her in the face. man pretty funny tho. and you were right, she
shouldnt have been on the footpath and you had every right to be there.
hehe

--
muzzle

sig.
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Old June 16th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i thought fat people only lived in the US...

and i thorougly enjoyed the first story, although it's too bad that you
had to spend the money on another coke, and got hit by a bike for that
matter.

--
wayde is a pirate
wayde is a pirate's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12064

Old June 16th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

^^^ same here

wayde- I'm a ninja

--
mornish

UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

Old June 16th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

leo wrote:
I splash the entire content of my bottle of cherry coke into her
haircut

This should be in the funny comebacks thread!

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVD now available: 'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv) | 'Inner Balance
Blog' (http://innerbalancemovie.blogspot.com)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old June 16th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Het eerste verhaal is geweldig Leo
Heb mij kapot gelachen.

--
Probailer2

Originally Posted by john_childs
Mmmmm... Sexy welds.
Trials is about controlling where you are and where you want to be.
Kris Holm
Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

Old June 16th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

HAHA, the first one is hilarious..i cant stop laughing, the other ones
are pretty funny but the 1st one!!!

--
Pantelis

Been Riding Since June 11th 2006,
Bought a Torker LX, June 11th!
Know how to ride, and bunnyhop 2 cm.! YAY
Pantelis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12382

Which FD for triple 46-XX-24 (or -22) chainring Ken Pisichko Techniques 10 April 28th 06 12:38 AM
A quiet month MSeries UK 1 September 5th 05 11:37 AM
published helmet research - not troll patrick Racing 1790 November 8th 04 03:16 AM
published helmet research - not troll Frank Krygowski Social Issues 1716 October 24th 04 06:39 AM
Non Motor Vehicle Accidents for Bicyclists (Survey for PeopleResiding in USA) Jay General 23 February 9th 04 11:21 PM