The Election Results

Old November 3rd 04, 01:28 PM
Maggie

Default The Election Results

Well I have been working on the Kerry Campaign for months now. Last
weekend I went to PA for the day to help with that state. I am totally
bummed out today. A Republican President and a Republican Senate. I
guess the moral majority has spoken. Some day I am going to figure
out what is so moral about that majority. Someday I am going to
figure out the right wing conservative. Yes, someday I am going to
understand the convervative right, the mentality of the NRA, the Right
to Lifers and those darn morals of the moral majority. AND SOMEDAY I
AM GOING TO PUT ON A CAPE AND FLY!!!! Good Luck President
Bush....(trying not to be a sore loser here).....give us a peaceful
four years. That's all I wish for....a world where no one lives in
fear. Quoting 1968..."Make Love, not War." As I sink into depression,
I am happy for all of you who worked to get Bush elected and I am sad
for those like myself who lost their dream. Maybe if I ride my bike I
will feel better.
Peace and Stuff
From a Bleeding Heart Liberal Democrat
Old November 3rd 04, 02:32 PM
di

"Maggie" wrote in message
om...
[...]
From a Bleeding Heart Liberal Democrat

To help you with your problem, all you have to do is take a good look at the
history of America, it was built on hard work, morals, and individual
commitment and initiative, not on government programs, handouts, suppression
of the right to success, and redistribution. Riding your bike may make you
feel better but don't bet on it, all those millions of stupid campaign signs
are still out there as a reminder, if you want to feel better go pick some
of them up, use them for building a fire and keep warm.

I would like to say "better luck next time" but that would make me a liar,
but at least now maybe our life will return to some kind of normal routine.
It doesn't matter if you are conservative or liberal, you have to be tired
of all this BS we've been bombarded with the past 6-months. To hell with
politics, at least for another 3-years. :)

Old November 3rd 04, 02:44 PM
David L. Johnson

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 05:28:29 -0800, Maggie wrote:

Well I have been working on the Kerry Campaign for months now. Last
weekend I went to PA for the day to help with that state. I am totally
bummed out today. A Republican President and a Republican Senate. I guess
the moral majority has spoken.

There's a great quote I remember from the Nixon era: The "moreal
majority" is neither.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve
_`\(,_ | death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to
(_)/ (_) | them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
-- J. R. R. Tolkein

Old November 3rd 04, 03:02 PM
maxo

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 05:28:29 -0800, Maggie wrote:

am happy for all of you who worked to get Bush elected

That's sweet of you.

I, on the other hand, hope that any of you that voted for Bush drop dead
immediately, as you are worthless fools ****ting in the pool and ruining
swimming camp for the non-developmentally-challenged children.

Old November 3rd 04, 03:03 PM
maxo

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:32:26 -0600, di wrote:

To help you with your problem, all you have to do is take a good look at
the history of America, it was built on hard work, morals, and individual
commitment and initiative

What does that have to do with deception, lies, unprovoked warfare, and
pandering to corporate interests?

Old November 3rd 04, 03:31 PM
Weisse Luft

marxo, you need to drink more grape kool aid. No, it doesn't taste
funny.

--
Weisse Luft

Old November 3rd 04, 03:34 PM
Steven M. Scharf

"Maggie" wrote in message
om...
Well I have been working on the Kerry Campaign for months now. Last
weekend I went to PA for the day to help with that state. I am totally

I'm bummed too, but think of it as good for bicycling. With four more years
of record deficits, and increased oil prices as the dollar further weakens,
people may give up their gas-guzzlers and drive smaller cars and/or ride
their bikes more.

Old November 3rd 04, 03:39 PM
Roger Zoul

maxo wrote:
:: On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:32:26 -0600, di wrote:
::
::: To help you with your problem, all you have to do is take a good
::: look at the history of America, it was built on hard work, morals,
::: and individual commitment and initiative
::
:: What does that have to do with deception, lies, unprovoked warfare,
:: and pandering to corporate interests?

Everything. All of the thing di listed were involved in getting the things
you listed done.