First ride of the year.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10th 20, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default First ride of the year.

Instead of sewing a snap on my new wallet, I went to Zale's Hometown
Pharmacy today. About two miles out and two miles back -- hardly
worth suiting up for.

It's absurd that on the ninth of January, I went out in a linen
jersey. But I should have worn two T-shirts under it instead of one;
I'd have turned back if I'd planned to stay out longer.

It was my first ride of the year, if you don't count riding my bike
home from the shop yesterday.

I was surprised that the bill included two dollars for a spoke and
eight-fifty for installing it. I must be rather oblivious not to
notice a damaged spoke. But then sometime I mount up and roll off
without even thumb-testing my tires.

I should have been more emphatic that "change the brake cables" meant
both of them. In the next paragraph I gave instructions for routing
the front cable; that, perhaps, made the "s" disappear. But I did
instruct them to look for worn parts, and the front brake is the
important one.

I now have an 8-speed chain on a six-cog cluster. The bill specifies
that the chain is "silver" -- they come in assorted colors?

I wonder what "RR" means in "BASKET SUNLT RR WIRE FOLDING STD BK"?
"STD" probably means "standard" and "BK" certainly means "black".

And I found a picture of the basket by searching for "Sunlite". My
new handlebar pads are the same brand.

"RR" could mean "rear".

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

RIDE ALL YEAR kolldata Techniques 0 January 7th 11 04:19 AM
First ride of the year. vernon UK 7 January 2nd 07 12:44 AM
How many miles do you ride in a year? Prometheus7 General 36 February 11th 05 04:53 AM
First ride of the year vernon levy UK 8 January 2nd 05 04:26 PM
first ride of the year Monique Y. Herman Mountain Biking 17 March 16th 04 05:23 AM