Practice day 2

Old December 18th 05, 09:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Practice day 2

I did some more practicing today, took some pictures and videos like
usual, ive managed to learn riding to stand up glide again but i didnt
get a good video of it. oh and theres 2 videos of my stand up hopping
to backsummersault dismount.

http://tinyurl.com/bjyge

Trev

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Old December 19th 05, 05:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I notice you use the jumping freehanded to the fork method to get into
stand-up glide. It looks very good, but it also seems like it would be
harder to do with much speed. Have you tried the standard gliding to
stand-up glide transition much? I can often do it at high enough speeds
that I can go in a circle, or keep going for well over ten meters.

--
jsm

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old December 19th 05, 02:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

that was awesome!

--
chosen

respectfully,
jonny
*'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/cyq4q)*
i love this end up
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

Old December 19th 05, 07:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hey Jsm, yes ive tried it many times but never got the technique to do
it. when ever i push up i end up pushing the unicycle away from me. I
would like to learn it, any tips? i will give it a go next time in a
hall.#

Trev

Old December 19th 05, 08:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I think it helps to try to stand up quickly, without thinking about it
too much. Make sure your gliding foot is partly on the frame, and
partly on the wheel. It's probably easier if you hold the seat, but let
go of the seat as soon as you can after standing up. I know a lot of
the Japanese riders can go from gliding to stand-up glide freehanded,
but the one time I worked on it, I hurt myself in lots of different
ways. I suggest you look up and forward when you try it, not at the
ground, because you often end up going in the direction you are
looking.

I'd really like to learn the freehanded jump transition someday, but I
don't have the nerve to try it yet.

Those backflips off the unicycle are insane!

Old December 19th 05, 08:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Oh right thanks for the advice, The no handed ones are basicy in making
the jump as perfect as possible. i have done like some fast ones before
but its so hard :S Them backsumi things are easy lol

Trev

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Practice required to become "good" UNIquelyCanadian Unicycling 5 September 4th 05 03:20 AM
My new practice rail with pics. juggle508 Unicycling 5 August 9th 05 10:30 AM
Trials Practice joe Unicycling 12 May 1st 05 12:54 PM
Where's Mike Imrem now? 88' heat cancels football practice! crit pro Racing 4 August 5th 04 05:40 PM
started hopping practice zach_jucha Unicycling 13 September 28th 03 12:38 AM