TRL report: rotational impact

Old July 1st 07, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default TRL report: rotational impact

http://www.trl.co.uk/store/report_de...d=6190&pid=220

Anyone got full text?

Incidentally, my quote of the week passed on by Roger Geffen:
"policy-based evidence making." Oh yes, we know what that means
alright.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old July 1st 07, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote on 01/07/2007 19:22 +0100:
http://www.trl.co.uk/store/report_de...d=6190&pid=220

Anyone got full text?

Incidentally, my quote of the week passed on by Roger Geffen:
"policy-based evidence making." Oh yes, we know what that means
alright.

Guy

No but its only £25 if you want me to chip in.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old July 1st 07, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 19:50:41 +0100, Tony Raven
said in
:

its only £25 if you want me to chip in.

I have a cunning and devious plan, will pass on a copy if it arrives.

Old July 1st 07, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Tony Raven
') wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote on 01/07/2007 19:22 +0100:
http://www.trl.co.uk/store/report_de...d=6190&pid=220

Anyone got full text?

Incidentally, my quote of the week passed on by Roger Geffen:
"policy-based evidence making." Oh yes, we know what that means
alright.

Guy

No but its only £25 if you want me to chip in.

AOL.

; ... of course nothing said here will be taken notice of by
; the W3C. The official place to be ignored is on www-style or
; www-html. -- George Lund

Old July 3rd 07, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adrian Godwin

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
http://www.trl.co.uk/store/report_de...d=6190&pid=220

Anyone got full text?

If someone were to buy a copy, and declare it to be the property
of the urc library, could it be circulated to members of that
library legally ? I can't see any notices about copyright on
the site so I don't know if library copies are priced differently.

-adrian

Old July 3rd 07, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Adrian Godwin wrote on 03/07/2007 17:58 +0100:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
http://www.trl.co.uk/store/report_de...d=6190&pid=220

Anyone got full text?

If someone were to buy a copy, and declare it to be the property
of the urc library, could it be circulated to members of that
library legally ? I can't see any notices about copyright on
the site so I don't know if library copies are priced differently.

There doesn't need to be any copyright notices. Copyright is intrinsic
and automatic. And no a urc library would not work otherwise people
would set up music libraries to legally share music with each other.

Old July 3rd 07, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adrian Godwin

Tony Raven wrote:

There doesn't need to be any copyright notices. Copyright is intrinsic
and automatic.

True, but some publishers apply a more draconian standard than others
(or attempt to : I don't know whether they have any right to do so).
If the conditions of sale are different from any other publication I
would want to know before I purchased.

And no a urc library would not work otherwise people
would set up music libraries to legally share music with each other.

At the risk of sidetracking the thread ..

They do, formally or informally. Friends lend each other their CDs. I
guess 'official' libraries may have some special status, but many
groups, for example, purchase OS maps from a common fund and lend them
to members. There isn't any reason for this to be either illegal or
immoral if only one map is actually in circulation and nobody takes
a copy : AFAIK copyright law restricts duplication, not use.

I'm interested in hearing what the report has to say, and would
consider making a contribution toward someone buying a copy (even if
they didn't lend it to me). If no-one does that and I can't locate
a copy elsewhere, I might buy it myself.

-adrian