first ride of the year

Old March 14th 04, 11:27 PM
Monique Y. Herman

Default first ride of the year

It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called Eagle near the
Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike again, though.

--
monique
Old March 14th 04, 11:35 PM
Slacker

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called Eagle near the
Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike again, though.

Of the year??? It's March 14th!
--
Slacker
Old March 15th 04, 12:15 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-03-14, Slacker penned:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:

It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called Eagle near
the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike again, though.

Of the year??? It's March 14th! -- Slacker

Yup. When it's cold and snowy, I ski.

--
monique
Old March 15th 04, 12:30 AM
Shawn Curry

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called Eagle near the
Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike again, though.

Is Eagle trail still opened to MTB up the mesa to H36? It used to be
good water bar practice up and down.

Shawn
Old March 15th 04, 12:48 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-03-15, Shawn Curry penned:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:
It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called Eagle near
the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike again, though.

Is Eagle trail still opened to MTB up the mesa to H36? It used to be
good water bar practice up and down.

I'm not sure where you mean, so I can't say =/ Sorry. There do seem to
be a lot of bikes of the mountain variety coming up the road that meets
up with Jay and get to 36 that way ...

What's water bar practice?

--
monique
Old March 15th 04, 01:13 AM
Shawn Curry

On 2004-03-15, Shawn Curry penned:

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called Eagle near
the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike again, though.

Is Eagle trail still opened to MTB up the mesa to H36? It used to be
good water bar practice up and down.

I'm not sure where you mean, so I can't say =/ Sorry. There do seem to
be a lot of bikes of the mountain variety coming up the road that meets
up with Jay and get to 36 that way ...

What's water bar practice?

Here's the general area. Looks like the call it Cobalt trail now.
http://www.ci.boulder.co.us/openspac...lhead-bvr2.htm
Water bars are those logs they put across trails to divert water off the
trail and decrease erosion. A pain for beginners, especially going up.
Mostly an excuse to catch air once you get the hang of them.

Shawn
Old March 15th 04, 01:26 AM
Dave W

Slacker had this to say news:c32q7q$23tqua$1@ID-
191655.news.uni-berlin.de

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called Eagle near the
Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike again, though.

Of the year??? It's March 14th!
--
Slacker

fer real. My first one was 01/01/04.
Old March 15th 04, 02:27 AM
G.T.

On 2004-03-15, Shawn Curry penned:

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called Eagle near
the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike again, though.

Is Eagle trail still opened to MTB up the mesa to H36? It used to be
good water bar practice up and down.

I'm not sure where you mean, so I can't say =/ Sorry. There do seem to
be a lot of bikes of the mountain variety coming up the road that meets
up with Jay and get to 36 that way ...

What's water bar practice?

You ride to the local water bar, drink overpriced specialty waters, and
practice picking up whatever attractive soul floats your boat.

Greg "JD is right" T.

Old March 15th 04, 04:50 AM
JD

Slacker wrote in message ...
Of the year??? It's March 14th!

There are mountain bikers and then there are people on mountain bikes.

JD
Old March 15th 04, 05:13 AM
miles todd

JD wrote:
Slacker wrote in message ...

Of the year??? It's March 14th!

There are mountain bikers and then there are people on mountain bikes.

JD

Well, I finally rejoined the crowd on mountain bikes today. My wrist
was still a little sore, but not overly painful. A couple of wheelie
drops and bunny hops reminded me all wasn't totally rosy, though.
Post-ride analysis seems to indicate that I hadn't done any harm to it
by riding, I am quite pleased to report.
I guess this means that I can get back on my bike. Thanks god for that-
it has been a VERRRY long time since New Year's day, and I have ben
going a bit crazy for lack of saddle time.

See you out on the trails.

miles