Sherer USA TLT Torque lever recumbent trike

Old August 20th 05, 02:46 AM
Jeff Grippe

Default Sherer USA TLT Torque lever recumbent trike

Has anyone heard of this thing? They make some awesome claims (although
people selling things often do!)

Check out the web site for detail and I'd love to hear any opinions or real
knowledge about this thing.

www.SHERERUSA.com

Jeff

Old August 20th 05, 03:01 PM
db.

Jeff Grippe wrote:
Has anyone heard of this thing? They make some awesome claims (although
people selling things often do!)

Check out the web site for detail and I'd love to hear any opinions or real
knowledge about this thing.

www.SHERERUSA.com

Jeff

There's one for sale on Ebay.

db.
Old August 20th 05, 03:18 PM
Jeff Grippe

Actually there are 6. They are the Mfgrs prototypes. The frames are built by
Tom Teesdale who I have heard of. He builds frames to Greenspeed's specs.

What I'm curious about is the strange drive train. Is pedaling really so
inefficient that it can be dramatically improved on?

Jeff

Old August 20th 05, 03:32 PM
db.

"db." wrote in message

Jeff Grippe wrote:

Has anyone heard of this thing? They make some awesome claims (although
people selling things often do!)

Check out the web site for detail and I'd love to hear any opinions or
real knowledge about this thing.

www.SHERERUSA.com

Jeff

There's one for sale on Ebay.

db.

It does look like a long pump for those levers. I mused with a ratchet
style linear pump system some time ago, but relentented to the fact that
it would be more productive to work on the ergonomics of the
chainrings , crankset, and arm lengths.
Old August 20th 05, 04:57 PM
Jeff Grippe

Do you remember the Alenax Transport? They built an ATB about 15-20 years
ago that used a straight up and down pumping motion instead of pedaling. It
didn't catch on and people who rode it didn't claim twice the speed or half
the effort.

I requested a video from Shererusa. I'll let you know what it looks like.

Jeff

Old August 20th 05, 08:54 PM
Bob Parnass

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 11:57:51 -0400, Jeff Grippe wrote:

Do you remember the Alenax Transport? They built an ATB about 15-20 years
ago that used a straight up and down pumping motion instead of pedaling. It
didn't catch on and people who rode it didn't claim twice the speed or half
the effort.

There is some discussion about the Alenax Transport he

http://www.oricom.ca/velomonde/faq_20020226.txt

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

Old August 21st 05, 03:31 AM
HHS

I think if this was the fastest trike on earth we would already know about
it and Mr. Teesdale wouldn't have to be telling us. I would ask Mr.
Teesdale to back up his claim with HPV records. Personally, I think he just
made the claim up with absolutely no basis in fact.

The Sherer sets off my BS alarm big time. When that happens I don't exactly
rush out and buy the product.

Old August 21st 05, 03:22 PM
Jeff Grippe

Teesdale only makes the frame and he is actually a well known frame maker.
I'll let you know when I get the video. Is anyone reading this thread from
Iowa? If you are you could probably arrange a test ride.

Jeff

Old August 22nd 05, 06:43 PM
HHS

"HHS" wrote in message
I think if this was the fastest trike on earth we would already know about
it and Mr. Teesdale wouldn't have to be telling us. I would ask Mr.
Teesdale to back up his claim with HPV records. Personally, I think he
just made the claim up with absolutely no basis in fact.

The Sherer sets off my BS alarm big time. When that happens I don't
exactly rush out and buy the product.

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message
Has anyone heard of this thing? They make some awesome claims (although
people selling things often do!)

Check out the web site for detail and I'd love to hear any opinions or
real knowledge about this thing.

www.SHERERUSA.com

Jeff

Maybe a $10,000.00 winner take all match race would be in order between
JohnnyNoCom and the Sherer rider who is able to ride this 38 lb. tricycle at
45 mph on flat land.

You would think the person who designed the Fastest Trike on Earth [maybe
even the known universe] would be smart enough to use a spell checker on
their one page web site.

Old August 22nd 05, 08:11 PM
Jeff Grippe

I forgot all about Johnny.

I'll add to this topic when I get the video. I can't imagine a breakthrough
of such a degree that it hadn't already been thought of. I can keep a bit of
an open mind for the time-being.

Most of the money that they want for this thing goes for the frame and
components. I priced out a Teesdale trike that would have cost me in the
$2,500 range buying it directly from Teesdale.

Jeff
news

"HHS" wrote in message
[...]

FS: recumbent trike, Trailmate Fun Cycle Bob Parnass Recumbent Biking 1 August 15th 05 02:21 AM
No-frills recumbent trike for disabled son bfrey General 21 March 22nd 05 06:27 AM
Easton EA70 stem AC Techniques 10 November 17th 04 07:00 AM
Taking a recumbent trike tandem on the Trans-Pennine Trail? Richard Corfield UK 11 September 11th 03 09:29 PM