Invitations

Old September 19th 19, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default Invitations

I must have been more important than I remember.

I've been getting invitations to things like Stanford University Alumni and Friends luncheon for science discussions.

I'm sure they would rather invite Zen but he turned them down I guess.

I've had invitations to several high technology committees and the like. The Presidents and VP's at the companies I worked at are generally chairing these things.

I suppose I would probably get some job offers from these things but all of the real stuff is moving further and further south of Silicon Valley - and 8 hour round trip commutes aren't exactly my choice for a life.

What would I rather do - do a 50 mile ride with 2800 feet of climbing at an average speed of 12.12 mph or commute for 6-8 hours a day?
Old September 19th 19, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 15:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

I must have been more important than I remember.

I've been getting invitations to things like Stanford University Alumni and Friends luncheon for science discussions.

I'm sure they would rather invite Zen but he turned them down I guess.

I've had invitations to several high technology committees and the like. The Presidents and VP's at the companies I worked at are generally chairing these things.

I suppose I would probably get some job offers from these things but all of the real stuff is moving further and further south of Silicon Valley - and 8 hour round trip commutes aren't exactly my choice for a life.

What would I rather do - do a 50 mile ride with 2800 feet of climbing at an average speed of 12.12 mph or commute for 6-8 hours a day?

But the question really is, "can you afford to buy groceries?"
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old September 20th 19, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 3:18:22 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
I must have been more important than I remember.

I've been getting invitations to things like Stanford University Alumni and Friends luncheon for science discussions.

I'm sure they would rather invite Zen but he turned them down I guess.

I've had invitations to several high technology committees and the like. The Presidents and VP's at the companies I worked at are generally chairing these things.

I suppose I would probably get some job offers from these things but all of the real stuff is moving further and further south of Silicon Valley - and 8 hour round trip commutes aren't exactly my choice for a life.

What would I rather do - do a 50 mile ride with 2800 feet of climbing at an average speed of 12.12 mph or commute for 6-8 hours a day?

Skip the commute and work remotely -- or with your massive brain, telepathically. People with your uber-genius IQ don't go to offices. They appear, like an apparition, floating above the crowd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RQxD4Ff7dY People should be paying you to ride your bike and think big thoughts -- really big thoughts. Call yourself an institute.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old September 20th 19, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 7:15:57 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Working telepathically seems to be your trait since you don't believe that a man who makes his living going and getting one way trip trucks doesn't know what he is talking about.
Old September 20th 19, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 3:18:22 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
I must have been more important than I remember.

I've been getting invitations to things like Stanford University Alumni and Friends luncheon for science discussions.

I'm sure they would rather invite Zen but he turned them down I guess.

I've had invitations to several high technology committees and the like. The Presidents and VP's at the companies I worked at are generally chairing these things.

I suppose I would probably get some job offers from these things but all of the real stuff is moving further and further south of Silicon Valley - and 8 hour round trip commutes aren't exactly my choice for a life.

What would I rather do - do a 50 mile ride with 2800 feet of climbing at an average speed of 12.12 mph or commute for 6-8 hours a day?

By the way, I got an offer today to become a company controller. This is the job that one of my cousins has and he has an extensive education in bookkeeping so I knew that it was most definitely not up my alley.

His brother just retired as Police Chief of Mountain View? Sunnyvale? One of those Silicon Valley dumps.

Jay and Frank don't seem to know what a large family is. Either than or they were disowned long ago. I could most definitely understand that with Frank. He says what he doesn't mean and we're all stupid if we believe him.....
Old September 20th 19, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 1:24:36 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

What sort of dope would offer you a job as "company controller" with no accounting experience? Was this a Kool-Aid stand? I don't think you know the difference between a general ledger and Heath Ledger -- or a badger.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old September 21st 19, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 2:15:29 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

This is what is becoming of Silicon Valley. People who know anything are leaving and you're claiming otherwise. My resume shows that I was an engineering department manager and that I have essentially run entire companies on the technical end. Remember - that is the stuff you are thinking I am exaggerating about.

No, I don't know a damn thing about financial controls for companies and never said I did. But I could do a damn sight better at it than you could. At least I'll admit what is occurring.