Clipless Pedals?

Old August 25th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Clipless Pedals?

On Aug 24, 11:11*am, Ronko wrote:
I use old style platform pedal with toe clips & straps and am thinking
of trying modern clipless pedals. *What's a good basic pedal to start
with, something like a Look Keo Classic or Sprint? *And will clipless
actually help me get just a bit more efficiency pedaling, if efficiency is
defined as more of my energy is translated to moving the bike
forward? *I also see some roadies using those "eggbeater" pedals,
advantage or disadvantages over the large platform type (like the
Look) *Thanks!

SPuDs n' walkable shoes if you wanna try.

But there are other options, like Power Grips or even no retention at
all. Good sticky pedals, like pinned mtb stuff and the new Grip King
by MKS are ignored by most road riders. It's nice to just be able to
ride in whatever sneaks you got on--and that goes for toe clips as
well, not everything fits right in them. I do most of my riding these
days in Clarks sneaker shoes and MKS Sylvans with no retention. 30-40
mile trips, no problem.

It might be that the monkeysuiters have gotten out of hand in
aggressiveness around here and I don't wanna be confused with 'em, but
I find myself putting on full kit less and less often, and opting for
the "German tourist on day trip" stealth look instead. Brown shoes and
black ankle socks will totally psych people out.
Old August 26th 09, 05:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ronko

In article 4002ca14-d1fd-4db8-a16d-
,
says...

On Aug 24, 11:11*am, Ronko wrote:
[...]

As much as the Teva's I wear with Clips? Wind feels good on my toes.

Old August 26th 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Price

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:48:15 -0700, Ronko
wrote:

As much as the Teva's I wear with Clips?

Tevas with SPD cleats?

FS: Some Old Clipless Pedals. Frankie Talllarico Marketplace 0 January 29th 06 04:09 PM
Clipless pedals Mikefule Unicycling 27 September 10th 05 07:00 AM
Clipless pedals [email protected] Racing 0 December 4th 04 04:25 PM
Clipless pedals Fraser King UK 21 July 26th 04 10:44 AM
Clipless Pedals - Anything I should know.. ebola UK 4 August 11th 03 09:14 PM