Chain width?

Old September 9th 11, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Chain width?

Garry Jones wrote:
Campagnolo 10-speed is 4.12mm wide

Shimano 10-speed is 3.95mm wide

My local shop sold me a 3rd party chain because they had no Campag in
stock. On the box it says it works with Shimano 10 speed AND Campag 10
speed.

Its from Spectra. I have no way of measuring the width at home, but how
can this work giving the differences?

Garry Jones
English Cyclist ResIDING in Sweden

Thanks so much.

Campagnolo's literature only covered the original 6.1mm
chain, the later 6.0mm and the final 5.9mm widths.

I'll watch for that upcoming 4.12mm model Ten chain that you
report is much smaller than Campagnolo's Eleven chain, old
and fat at 5.5mm wide!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old September 9th 11, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Garry Jones

Sorry I meant Sprocket not chain...

Campagnolo 8-speed cassette sprockets are spaced at 5.0mm, 9-speed at
4.55mm, and 10-speed at 4.12mm.

Shimano 7-speed cassettes are spaced at 5mm, 8-speed at 4.8mm, 9-speed at
4.34mm and 10-speed 3.95mm.

Source:
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/articl...rockets-18234/

Chain width? thirty-six Techniques 1 September 10th 11 07:07 PM
Nexus chainset - what width chain? Keiron[_5_] Techniques 21 August 6th 10 03:48 PM
Min chain width that works with singlespeed sprocket? Konstantin Shemyak Techniques 2 November 17th 06 08:35 PM
I am so confused! Chain sizing - width? pitch? Ken Marcet Techniques 4 December 13th 04 01:55 AM
Frewwhel width-chain questions Sheldon Brown Techniques 4 August 20th 04 04:57 AM