Cyclist on wrong side of the road

Old August 11th 19, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclist on wrong side of the road

On 11/08/2019 10:05, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 21:48:45 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

TMS320 wrote:
On 09/08/2019 01:29, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 8:33:08 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:

I wish I had the imagination.

I agree, you are not very imaginative. I have seen many people like
you making up stories to get some attention. They all have a follow
up story to support it, just like you. Rather sad really.

To be fair, I have seen people riding their bicycle on the wrong side
of the road. Any I have experienced get out of the way. So my
question is - why does anybody need to be bothered about it?

The need to ask that question exposes just how stupid you really are.

Have you, as a motorist, ever overtaken another vehicle on a single
carriageway? Then you will have driven on the wrong side of the road.
(There, I spelled it out for the hard of understanding). HTH.

(Cue crybaby "but this is a cycling NG!")

Have you overtaken another vehicle on a single-carriageway, driving or
cycling around a blind bend whilst on the "wrong" of the road and unable
to see whether traffic is coming in the opposite direction?

If not, and if it's as unremarkable as you and TMS are (astoundingly)
claiming - why not?
Old August 11th 19, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 10/08/2019 22:48, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 09/08/2019 01:29, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 8:33:08 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:

I wish I had the imagination.

I agree, you are not very imaginative. I have seen many people like
you making up stories to get some attention. They all have a follow
up story to support it, just like you. Rather sad really.

To be fair, I have seen people riding their bicycle on the wrong side
of the road. Any I have experienced get out of the way. So my
question is - why does anybody need to be bothered about it?

The need to ask that question exposes just how stupid you really are.

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid answers.

Old August 11th 19, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

wrote:

TMS320 wrote:
[...]

Nothing was mentioned about overtaking.

If not, and if it's as unremarkable as you and TMS are (astoundingly)
claiming - why not?

You also can't answer my question.
Old August 11th 19, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 11:29:03 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Peter Keller wrote:
On 11/08/2019 09:48, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 09/08/2019 01:29, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 8:33:08 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:

I wish I had the imagination.

I agree, you are not very imaginative. I have seen many people
like you making up stories to get some attention. They all have a
follow up story to support it, just like you. Rather sad really.

To be fair, I have seen people riding their bicycle on the wrong
side of the road. Any I have experienced get out of the way. So my
question is - why does anybody need to be bothered about it?

The need to ask that question exposes just how stupid you really
are.

No it does not.

It was a very stupid question to ask, and we all know that.
You have yet exposed yourself as being yet another dim wit cyclist
****head. Next time you are going to the dole on your silly little
bicycle, undertake a HGV which is turning left.

"Stupid is as stupid does" Mr Gump.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old August 11th 19, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

TMS320 wrote:
[...]

You can disregard the bit about overtaking if you prefer, though it
doesn't make the actions of that cyclist any more sane. Perhaps she was
just riding along on the wrong side of the road because she felt like
it. or perhaps didn't know any better (as a possible reason that does
have legs).

If not, and if it's as unremarkable as you and TMS are (astoundingly)
claiming - why not?

You also can't answer my question.

There is nothing wrong, per se, with driving or riding on the wrong side
of a carriageway when it is done for a particular legitimate purpose and
done *safely* and *lawfully*.

Go on... try to show that the cyclist described by the OP was doing
either of those things.

Old August 11th 19, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

TMS320 wrote:
On 09/08/2019 01:29, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 8:33:08 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:

I wish I had the imagination.

I agree, you are not very imaginative. I have seen many people like
you making up stories to get some attention. They all have a follow
up story to support it, just like you. Rather sad really.

To be fair, I have seen people riding their bicycle on the wrong
side of the road. Any I have experienced get out of the way. So my
question is - why does anybody need to be bothered about it?

The need to ask that question exposes just how stupid you really are.

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid answers.

HA! I see that I've hit a nerve. Have you shaved your legs today?

Old August 11th 19, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 11/08/2019 18:02, JNugent wrote:
On 11/08/2019 17:07, TMS320 wrote:
On 11/08/2019 12:49, JNugent wrote:

Perhaps she was
just riding along on the wrong side of the road because she felt like
it. or perhaps didn't know any better (as a possible reason that does
have legs).

The Highway Code suggests pedestrians should travel on the right hand
side when there are no pavements. Wrongly or rightly, some people
probably think it applies when going slowly on a bicycle or mobility
scooter.

You also can't answer my question.

There is nothing wrong, per se, with driving or riding on the wrong side
of a carriageway when it is done for a particular legitimate purpose and
done *safely* and *lawfully*.

What law?

Go on... try to show that the cyclist described by the OP was doing
either of those things.

I wrote nothing to suggest it needed defending.
Old August 11th 19, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 11/08/2019 18:31, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid answers.

HA! I see that I've hit a nerve.

I will take that as a don't know. In which case there was no need to
write a reply t my question.

Have you shaved your legs today?

No need. I have Nordic genes.

Old August 11th 19, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

TMS320 wrote:
[...]

Everybody saw it coming and you were stupid enough to fall for it.
Hook, line and sinker.
You are a pathetic cyclist, and that is all you ever will be.