It's that time of year again

Old November 16th 05, 07:16 AM
wafflycat

Default It's that time of year again

When I kiss goodbye to any chance of using my 'bent for several months.
Nathan has claimed it for the college commute again.

Sigh...

Cheers, helen s

Old November 16th 05, 11:08 AM
LSMike

wafflycat wrote:
When I kiss goodbye to any chance of using my 'bent for several months.
Nathan has claimed it for the college commute again.

Sigh...

Cheers, helen s

There's just no discipline in your family!

Old November 16th 05, 12:29 PM
wafflycat

"LSMike" wrote in message
ups.com...
wafflycat wrote:
When I kiss goodbye to any chance of using my 'bent for several months.
Nathan has claimed it for the college commute again.

Sigh...

Cheers, helen s

There's just no discipline in your family!

I know. I am a failure as a parent. I'll be on one of those awful "How to
control your brat, you pathetic excuse for a parent" type programmes soon
;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old November 16th 05, 05:31 PM
Peter B

"wafflycat" wrote in message
When I kiss goodbye to any chance of using my 'bent for several months.
Nathan has claimed it for the college commute again.

For me it's the time of year I hang up my 'dale, due to salt & gunge on the
lanes, and take to my trusty old roadised Trek mtb c/w mudguards.
Equally big sigh as I look forward to late March/early April when I'll take
it down, pump up the tyres and revel in the sensation of riding it again.
It's like having a new bike every spring ;-)
--
Pete

Old November 16th 05, 05:56 PM
Pete Whelan

wafflycat wrote:
When I kiss goodbye to any chance of using my 'bent for several months.
Nathan has claimed it for the college commute again.

Sigh...

Cheers, helen s

Vernon should have got you the pink one instead

--
..... it's not difficult, it's not exactly rocket salad

Old November 16th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Pete Whelan" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
When I kiss goodbye to any chance of using my 'bent for several months.
Nathan has claimed it for the college commute again.

Sigh...

Cheers, helen s

Vernon should have got you the pink one instead

Yes, I think that might just have worked ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old November 17th 05, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Peter B wrote:

For me it's the time of year I hang up my 'dale, due to salt & gunge on the
lanes

That time of year again here, too - Leeds City Council's gritting
lorries seem to have started putting in appearances this week. Looks as
though the Cougar won't be getting many miles under its belt for a bit
until all that salt has gone, despite almost having finished getting it
roadworthy again. On the other hand, my "best" bike is in its element
at this time of year, being a 'cross machine - fingers crossed, may
well be racing it over at Bingley a week on Sunday (I haven't competed
for 2 years, so it'll be a test for both myself and the new bike!!)

David Belcher

Old November 17th 05, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

It'll be a few years before we are fighting over cycle selection. I did
however get the KMX on two wheels the other night once the boys were in
bed :-)

daren

Old November 18th 05, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

in message , wafflycat

wafflycat wrote:
When I kiss goodbye to any chance of using my 'bent for several
months. Nathan has claimed it for the college commute again.

Sigh...

Vernon should have got you the pink one instead

Yes, I think that might just have worked ;-)

Quick! Down to H*lf*rds and buy yourself a spray-can!

;; I'll have a proper rant later, when I get the time.