10 sp chains and connectors

Old January 19th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 10 sp chains and connectors

Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but I just got the following:

Campy 2006 Record ultra narrow chain...can I use the Connex 10 sp link?
2006 10 sp. Dura Ace chain...I have no idea what to use with this one...

Thanks in advance for your help,
Cat

Old January 20th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:25:43 -0500, "Cat Dailey"
wrote:

Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but I just got the following:

Campy 2006 Record ultra narrow chain...can I use the Connex 10 sp link?
2006 10 sp. Dura Ace chain...I have no idea what to use with this one...

Thanks in advance for your help,

http://www.interlocracing.com/chains.html

10-Speed Snap Link
(Campy & Shimano versions)
Old January 20th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I use a KMC9sp chain and connect it using an SRAM 9sp powerlink chain
connector on my Campy Record 10sp drive train. Runs smooth and silent
not to mention highly cost efficient.

Kenny

Old January 20th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

Campy 2006 Record ultra narrow chain...can I use the Connex 10 sp link?
2006 10 sp. Dura Ace chain...I have no idea what to use with this one...

The Connex 10 link works with Campy Ultra narrow and Shimano 10 chain.
When you install the Connex link, the link should frown at you if you
are on the lower run of chain and smile at you on the upper run.
Old January 21st 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

Campy 2006 Record ultra narrow chain...can I use the Connex 10 sp link?
2006 10 sp. Dura Ace chain...I have no idea what to use with this one...

The Connex 10 link works with Campy Ultra narrow and Shimano 10 chain.
When you install the Connex link, the link should frown at you if you
are on the lower run of chain and smile at you on the upper run.

Paul,

Thanks for the help! You are the only one to answer my specific question,
and I appreciate it. It makes it much easier that I can use the same link
on both chains. Now the hub and I don't need two different kinds. I wanted
to make sure when I put the new DA stuff on his bike that I didn't kill him
by using the wrong link ; And I love the frown/smile analogy. I just
remember inverted v on the lower run, but frown is easier ;

Cat