4mm & 2.4mm spade connectors

Old August 16th 08, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

Default 4mm & 2.4mm spade connectors

Tim Woodall wrote:
Anyone know where you can buy 4mm and 2.4mm spade connectors except
sjscycles?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...pade+connector

I'd buy them from syscycles except that they use parcelfarce and
parcelfarce are unable to deliver to my local postoffice and insist on
keep putting a card through my door (even though you can see the
postoffice from my front door!)

SJS use RM for small parcels, but you might find the connectors cheaper
elsewhere anyway.

~PB

Old August 16th 08, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Woodall

Anyone know where you can buy 4mm and 2.4mm spade connectors except
sjscycles?

I'd buy them from syscycles except that they use parcelfarce and
parcelfarce are unable to deliver to my local postoffice and insist on
keep putting a card through my door (even though you can see the
postoffice from my front door!)

Parcelfarce are also unable to deliver at all to my house on an agreed
day if I arrange for someone to stay in all day.

(I've got dozens of the things which I've put somewhere safe but I can't
find them :-( )

Tim.

and there was light.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/ http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/
Old August 16th 08, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Zog The Undeniable

Tim Woodall wrote:
Anyone know where you can buy 4mm and 2.4mm spade connectors except
sjscycles?

I'd buy them from syscycles except that they use parcelfarce and
parcelfarce are unable to deliver to my local postoffice and insist on
keep putting a card through my door (even though you can see the
postoffice from my front door!)

Parcelfarce are also unable to deliver at all to my house on an agreed
day if I arrange for someone to stay in all day.

(I've got dozens of the things which I've put somewhere safe but I can't
find them :-( )

SJS Cycles use 1st and 2nd class post for small items. Halfords sell
some which may be suitable - you might have to pull the insulation off
the "insulated" ones.
Old August 16th 08, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_3_]

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:18:11 +0000, Tim Woodall wrote:

Anyone know where you can buy 4mm and 2.4mm spade connectors except
sjscycles?

Maplin, Halfords, Motor World. I thought they were more of a car thing
than a bike thing...

peter
Old August 16th 08, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doki

"Tim Woodall" wrote in message
. uk...
Anyone know where you can buy 4mm and 2.4mm spade connectors except
sjscycles?

I'd buy them from syscycles except that they use parcelfarce and
parcelfarce are unable to deliver to my local postoffice and insist on
keep putting a card through my door (even though you can see the
postoffice from my front door!)

Parcelfarce are also unable to deliver at all to my house on an agreed
day if I arrange for someone to stay in all day.

(I've got dozens of the things which I've put somewhere safe but I can't
find them :-( )

Vehicle Wiring Products are very good.

Old August 16th 08, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Woodall

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:17:17 +0200,
Pete Biggs wrote:
Tim Woodall wrote:
Anyone know where you can buy 4mm and 2.4mm spade connectors except
sjscycles?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...pade+connector

I couldn't spot anything that was 4mm there.

I'd buy them from syscycles except that they use parcelfarce and
parcelfarce are unable to deliver to my local postoffice and insist on
keep putting a card through my door (even though you can see the
postoffice from my front door!)

SJS use RM for small parcels, but you might find the connectors cheaper
elsewhere anyway.

Thanks. That's useful to know about sjs. I couldn't find the connectors
anywhere else.

But I've now found them. While I was going through the sjs website I saw
heat shrink. Ah ha. I thought. I know where I put them.

Old August 17th 08, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

On 16/08/2008 23:03, Tim Woodall said,

I couldn't spot anything that was 4mm there.

Are you sure you want 4mm? The "standard" sizes are 2.8, 4.8 and 6.3mm.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old August 18th 08, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Woodall

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:21:13 +0100,
Paul Boyd wrote:
On 16/08/2008 23:03, Tim Woodall said,

I couldn't spot anything that was 4mm there.

Are you sure you want 4mm? The "standard" sizes are 2.8, 4.8 and 6.3mm.

Yes. For the Schmidt hub dynamo 4mm and the B&M lights 2.4mm. SJS is the
only place I've found that sold them which is why last time I wanted two
I ordered 20 of each.

Old August 18th 08, 01:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Craig Wallace

Paul Boyd wrote:
On 16/08/2008 23:03, Tim Woodall said,

I couldn't spot anything that was 4mm there.

Are you sure you want 4mm? The "standard" sizes are 2.8, 4.8 and 6.3mm.

Yes. For the Schmidt hub dynamo 4mm and the B&M lights 2.4mm. SJS is the
only place I've found that sold them which is why last time I wanted two
I ordered 20 of each.

I'm using 2.8mm connectors (from Maplin) with my B&M lights and they fit
just fine.
I've not got a Schmidt so I don't know what it needs.
Though I notice that Bikeplus sells the Schmidt "koaxial kit", and it
includes 2.8mm and 4.8mm connectors:
http://www.bikeplus.co.uk/graphics/Contents.jpg

--
Craig Wallace
http://craig.neogeo.org.uk
Old August 18th 08, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_5_]

Craig Wallace said the following on 18/08/2008 01:07:

I'm using 2.8mm connectors (from Maplin) with my B&M lights and they fit
just fine.

Ditto, except that being in the industry I don't pay Maplin's
exhorbitant prices! A little contact grease (switch lube) doesn't go
amiss either.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/