The Americans

Old February 2nd 13, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jane Doe

Default The Americans

The Americans (Source: http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...s-crown_273619)

American Tim Johnson (USA) cracked the top 20, finishing 19th at 3:20. Page, who finished 22nd at 3:42, fell victim to the same drivetrain issue that took Pauwels out of the running.

“My chain shifted into the spokes, it got stuck and I just couldn’t get it out,” said Page. “It came off the front and then came off in the back again. I was trying to be calm, and I was fairly calm — I just couldn’t make it work.

“I’m a little disappointed, yeah, but I wasn’t Superman today. I still could have had a good race. I still wanted to see how far I could go, everybody was just cheering so hard for me out there.

“It was really fun to have the fans’ support. I didn’t want to disappoint anybody, I tried as hard as I could. I just had a little bad luck, that’s for sure. I tried to get going again and I slid out, and then I was going over my limit. I actually got a rear flat too, so I just didn’t have the best of luck today. But I fought and fought. I’m disappointed, but stuff happens.

“It was awesome (to be racing in front of a home crowd) it was absolutely great. I had some bad luck, but I had a lot of fun doing it. I think the United States definitely came out here with great support.”
Old February 4th 13, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 2/2/2013 3:42 PM, Jane Doe wrote:
[...]

Key to Johnson cracking the top twenty was that the Belgians
are limited in how many faster riders they are allowed to
enter.

Old February 4th 13, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 04/02/2013 16:36, Fred Flintstein wrote:
[...]

Yeah GB had that problem too.