My bike has been stolen today:(

Old October 9th 03, 06:43 AM
jazu

Default My bike has been stolen today:(

I did buy it this summer. I wasn't very expensive one, but I liked it so
much. I was never leaving it on bike racks. Today for a 1st time I left it
at shopping mall. I locked it. I was there for 20 minutes maybe. I'm coming
back and there is no bike. Who has been down this road, knows what did I
fill. This is horrible experience.
Now I'm writing this notes and my bike is somewhere out there, confused,
calling for help, "where I am, where?"
Geez what I'm writing here. I'm just so sad and angry, and this happened for
me a second time in my life.

My next bike I will never leave on public racks. I swear
Sad jazu.

People, don't believe in bike lock. If they like your bike, they will steal
you. Be careful.

Old October 9th 03, 06:53 AM
Splat Graphics

Dude i'm sooooooooo sorry
I had the same thing happen to me three months ago

CS * giant warp 1*

Old October 9th 03, 06:56 AM
sam bixby

"jazu" NA wrote in message ...
I did buy it this summer. I wasn't very expensive one, but I liked it so
much. I was never leaving it on bike racks. Today for a 1st time I left it
at shopping mall. I locked it. I was there for 20 minutes maybe. I'm

coming
back and there is no bike. Who has been down this road, knows what did I
fill. This is horrible experience.
Now I'm writing this notes and my bike is somewhere out there, confused,
calling for help, "where I am, where?"
Geez what I'm writing here. I'm just so sad and angry, and this happened

for
me a second time in my life.

My next bike I will never leave on public racks. I swear
Sad jazu.

People, don't believe in bike lock. If they like your bike, they will

steal
you. Be careful.

feel for you dude....bike thieves should have very nasty things done to
them.

panda

Old October 9th 03, 06:56 AM
Dave W

I did buy it this summer. I wasn't very expensive one, but I liked it
so much. I was never leaving it on bike racks. Today for a 1st time I
left it at shopping mall. I locked it. I was there for 20 minutes
maybe. I'm coming back and there is no bike. Who has been down this
road, knows what did I fill. This is horrible experience.
Now I'm writing this notes and my bike is somewhere out there,
confused, calling for help, "where I am, where?"
Geez what I'm writing here. I'm just so sad and angry, and this
happened for me a second time in my life.

My next bike I will never leave on public racks. I swear
Sad jazu.

People, don't believe in bike lock. If they like your bike, they will
steal you. Be careful.

Sorry to hear that. That truly sux. My condolances :-(

Old October 9th 03, 07:09 AM
B. Sanders

"jazu" NA wrote in message ...
I did buy it this summer. I wasn't very expensive one, but I liked it so
much. I was never leaving it on bike racks. Today for a 1st time I left it
at shopping mall. I locked it. I was there for 20 minutes maybe. I'm

coming
back and there is no bike. Who has been down this road, knows what did I
fill. This is horrible experience.
Now I'm writing this notes and my bike is somewhere out there, confused,
calling for help, "where I am, where?"
Geez what I'm writing here. I'm just so sad and angry, and this happened

for
me a second time in my life.

My next bike I will never leave on public racks. I swear
Sad jazu.

People, don't believe in bike lock. If they like your bike, they will

steal
you. Be careful.

Sorry to hear about it, Jazu. I know how bad you feel. I've had bikes stolen
5 times. When a bike means a lot to you, it doesn't matter if it is
expensive or cheap: It's like a friend that carries you places on its back,
happy to help, always there for you, not complaining unless you forget to
oil the chain.

I hope that you can find another bike soon, and a big, strong lock! :-)

-=Barry=-

Old October 9th 03, 07:22 AM
jazu

I hope that you can find another bike soon, and a big, strong lock! :-)

-=Barry=-

Thank you Barry. Thank you all guys for your support.
Now I'll ride again my old (from early 1980's) Marin.
Next spring I'll buy a new bike and I will do some changes to my condo
insurance. This is metaphorical lock for your bike (or maybe the only real
one)
Keep on smiling, keep on riding ;-)
jazu

Old October 9th 03, 08:41 AM
Monique Y. Herman

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 at 05:43 GMT, jazu penned:
I did buy it this summer. I wasn't very expensive one, but I liked it
so much. I was never leaving it on bike racks. Today for a 1st time I
left it at shopping mall. I locked it. I was there for 20 minutes
maybe. I'm coming back and there is no bike. Who has been down this
road, knows what did I fill. This is horrible experience. Now I'm
writing this notes and my bike is somewhere out there, confused,
calling for help, "where I am, where?" Geez what I'm writing here. I'm
just so sad and angry, and this happened for me a second time in my
life.
My next bike I will never leave on public racks. I swear Sad jazu.

People, don't believe in bike lock. If they like your bike, they will
steal you. Be careful.

I'm sorry to hear that =/

A friend of mine just bought his bike this summer and also had it
stolen. He had it locked on a public rack -- when he first locked it
up, the area had a lot of pedestrians nearby, but by the time he got
back, it was empty -- and the bike was gone.

I used to think it would be fun to run local errands on my spiffy new
bike, but now I won't let it out of my sight. I'm shopping around for a
really cheap bike ... it would still hurt to lose it, but at least the
financial hit wouldn't be so bad.

It's sad that a small percentage of screwed up people can make life hard
for the rest of us, but I guess that's just the way it is.

--
monique
Old October 9th 03, 11:48 AM
Sir Ride-A-Lot

"jazu" NA wrote in message ...

I hope that you can find another bike soon, and a big, strong lock! :-)

-=Barry=-

Thank you Barry. Thank you all guys for your support.
Now I'll ride again my old (from early 1980's) Marin.
Next spring I'll buy a new bike and I will do some changes to my condo
insurance. This is metaphorical lock for your bike (or maybe the only real
one)
Keep on smiling, keep on riding ;-)
jazu

Hmm.... Can you do that? Will homeowners insurance cover a bike stolen off
property? I have never seen that? Is there anyone who will sell you bike
insurance? With a decent bike going for over $2500, that's actually Grand
Larceny. So, the police would have to file a full report and if the
perpetrator was caught, it's a major offense.

Old October 9th 03, 12:51 PM
adownhiller

"Sir Ride-A-Lot @careercenter.com" wrote:
Next spring I'll buy a new bike and I will do some changes to my condo
insurance. This is metaphorical lock for your bike (or maybe the only real
one)

Hmm.... Can you do that? Will homeowners insurance cover a bike stolen off
property? I have never seen that? Is there anyone who will sell you bike
insurance?

Yup, or certainly in the UK you can, but it is quite expensive.
I insure my house with the Halifax, and my bike is covered whilst on the
property.
They offered I could cover it while it was off the property too, but it
would've cost me more than my car insurance!
Needless to say I didn't bother.

--
Phil

Old October 9th 03, 03:30 PM
John Rogerson

Shop around. I'm in the UK and have a seperate bicycle insurance policy.
It covers my two bikes and my wife's hybrid shopper. New for old and
accidental damage. I pay monthly and it works out at about £15. My road
bike is even covered for competition riding. None of the bikes are
particularly expensive (2 at £300 each and 1 at £500) but I would still hate
to lose one, through theft, accident or otherwise.

Cheers
John

PS: www.eandl.co.uk just in case you were wondering.