French Get A Dose Of The New Lance Armstrong

Old July 24th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

Default French Get A Dose Of The New Lance Armstrong

in message , Ryan
Cousineau ') wrote:

Have you seen that tv clip where Jeremy Clarkson walks around
Washington DC, wearing sandwich boards listing British inventions,
until he gets arrested? It was an impressive list.

[snip]

It's entirely reasonable to recall and be proud of one's national
history without being a complete twit.

Yes, but it isn't possible to be Jeremy Clarkson without being a complete
twit. For those of you furth of these islands who have fortunately been
spared his moronic egotistical posturing, Clarkson is a television
presenter who created an on-screen persona which was a slight
exaggeration of his real personality traits, and then got locked into a
feedback loop. He parodies himself parodying himself, and thus becomes
progressively more loud mouthed, peurile and egotistical with each year
that passes. Frankly, he should be arrested merely for being Jeremy
Clarkson; no punishment is sufficiently cruel or unusual for that
offence.

;; Friends don't send friends HTML formatted emails.
Old July 24th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 516876 20060724 164037 Ryan Cousineau wrote:

What, you mean the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution was a hotbed
of invention? Shock!

You're beginning to sound like some Canadians: "we invented insulin! A
Canadian created basketball! We have a tenuous claim to the invention of
the telephone! We burned the White House*! Love us! LOVE US!"

It's entirely reasonable to recall and be proud of one's national
history without being a complete twit.

You are in denial, Ryan. I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
The list of British inventions in the period 1800 to 1950 dwarfs that of every
other country - yes even the USA. Do your homework.
Old July 24th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Jeremy Clarkson [was: jingo]

in 516959 20060724 192324 Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

in 516808 20060724 101954 Donald Munro wrote:

And for those dumbasses who think the Internet and HTTP protocol are the
same thing, HTTP was invented by a brit working in Switzerland.

Have you seen that tv clip where Jeremy Clarkson walks around Washington DC,
wearing sandwich boards listing British inventions, until he gets arrested?
It was an impressive list.

What was the charge?
Was he taken to a police station?
Was he put in jail?
Was he arraigned? What charge?
Did the case go to trial?
What was the disposition?

Was he trying to get arrested?

He was also reading out the list with a megaphone - thus disturbing the peace
I suppose. He was put in the back of the police car and given a good talking to,
then told to bugger off - which he did.
I have no idea why he did it.
Old July 24th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bob Martin wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:

Have you seen that tv clip where Jeremy Clarkson walks around Washington DC,
wearing sandwich boards listing British inventions, until he gets arrested?
It was an impressive list.

What was the charge?
Was he taken to a police station?
Was he put in jail?
Was he arraigned? What charge?
Did the case go to trial?
What was the disposition?

Was he trying to get arrested?

He was also reading out the list with a megaphone - thus disturbing the peace
I suppose. He was put in the back of the police car and given a good talking to,
then told to bugger off - which he did.
I have no idea why he did it.

In fact, Washington DC is full of legal crackpots with megaphones,
especially in Lafayette Square. The authorities even let this assclown
http://infomercial.tvheaven.com/matthew-lesko.htm
http://www.blacktable.com/going050929.htm
run around without being tranq'd and put in the dogcatcher's van.
But there's a municipal ordinance against being Jeremy Clarkson.
It's quite civilized actually.

Old July 24th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Michael Press wrote:

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

in 516808 20060724 101954 Donald Munro wrote:

And for those dumbasses who think the Internet and HTTP protocol are the
same thing, HTTP was invented by a brit working in Switzerland.

Have you seen that tv clip where Jeremy Clarkson walks around Washington DC,
wearing sandwich boards listing British inventions, until he gets arrested?
It was an impressive list.

What was the charge?
Was he taken to a police station?
Was he put in jail?
Was he arraigned? What charge?
Did the case go to trial?
What was the disposition?

Was he trying to get arrested?

He's just mad because he couldn't get arrested in Los Angeles. Or New
York, or even Atlanta.

Old July 24th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

in 516876 20060724 164037 Ryan Cousineau wrote:

What, you mean the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution was a hotbed
of invention? Shock!

You're beginning to sound like some Canadians: "we invented insulin! A
Canadian created basketball! We have a tenuous claim to the invention of
the telephone! We burned the White House*! Love us! LOVE US!"

It's entirely reasonable to recall and be proud of one's national
history without being a complete twit.

You are in denial, Ryan. I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
The list of British inventions in the period 1800 to 1950 dwarfs that of every
other country - yes even the USA. Do your homework.

Thus my little Industrial Revolution comment. I know very well what a
hotbed of innovation it was. I've read "Longitude" and everything. I'm
not mocking the considerable history of invention in England, but I
would point out that the USA stood on those giant shoulders and saw
further still.

The pace of innovation in the US has been pretty dramatic for the last
100-odd years. Indeed, the global pace of innovation seems to be faster
and accelerating, and if American ascendance has paralleled this trend,
well then they have benefitted from being the most recent world leaders
in invention.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but what has the UK done for us
lately?

Old July 24th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Bob Martin wrote:

in 516808 20060724 101954 Donald Munro wrote:

And for those dumbasses who think the Internet and HTTP protocol are the
same thing, HTTP was invented by a brit working in Switzerland.

Have you seen that tv clip where Jeremy Clarkson walks around Washington DC,
wearing sandwich boards listing British inventions, until he gets arrested?
It was an impressive list.

What was the charge?
Was he taken to a police station?
Was he put in jail?
Was he arraigned? What charge?
Did the case go to trial?
What was the disposition?

Was he trying to get arrested?

He was also reading out the list with a megaphone - thus disturbing the peace
I suppose. He was put in the back of the police car and given a good talking to,
then told to bugger off - which he did.
I have no idea why he did it.

In most cities a permit is required to operate sound
amplifiers in public, so it is more likely that he was
arrested for this than displaying sandwich boards.
Regardless of the right to self-expression, I consider
amplifier ordinances a boon.

Civil disobedience is an honorable calling. Let's be
accurate in reporting these acts, lest the perpetrator's
lesson go missing in action. Note that Thoreau's own
account in `Civil Disobedience' presents many obstacles to
naive acceptance in all particulars.
http://www.calliope.org/thoreau/cainrvw.html

In a word I do not believe anything someone is so anxious
to persuade me of that these appeals to my feelings are an
integral component. I feel let down when the rest of the
story is revealed.

--
Michael Press
Old July 25th 06, 02:15 AM posted to alt.non.racism,rec.bicycles.racing,soc.culture.france,rec.bicycles.misc
GaryG

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
news
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:37:34 GMT, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

David L. Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 02:44:51 +0000, Bill Sornson wrote:

I agree with everything you say. HOWEVER, the fact that they can't
"get over it" is manifested in the overt (as well as covert)
undermining of the Bush Administration /and/ the US military and
intelligence agencies in "really important ways" (think life and
death...literally).

Such as exposing a CIA agent?

First of all, a President can unclassify anything he or she chooses.

Second of all, Flame was not a covert agent. If she had been, then
Fitzgerald would have found SOME underlying crime in his almost
three years of exhaustive investigations. He got bupkiss.

What a pleasant surprise on RBR today -- I learn Sorni is a neocon
douche.

Because I don't drink the Kool-aid? LOL

Because you did.

GG

Old July 25th 06, 02:45 AM posted to alt.non.racism,rec.bicycles.racing,soc.culture.france,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

GaryG wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote in message

Because I don't drink the Kool-aid? LOL

Because you did.

Go grill MV about his sex life some more.

{Sideshow Bob Shudder Wave File Goes Here}

Old July 25th 06, 05:01 AM posted to alt.non.racism,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Chalo

Bill Sornson wrote:

There's a very fine but definite line
between people like you who call Bush an idiot (granted he's a horrible
speaker and yet he's been elected POTUS /twice/)

"Elected". With the help of some massive election fraud and the
intervention of a traitorous Supreme Court. I guess the PRI candidates
in Mexico purported to be "elected" all those years too.

and those who hate him so
much that they actively undermine nearly everything he does. The far-far
left (Soros, Sheehan, Moore... Chalo LOL ) is high-jacking the Democratic
party; no brainwashing required to see that.

Soros isn't "far-far left", he's just smart and rich, with the
perspective that comes from knowing what goes on outside the US.
Sheehan isn't "far-far left", she's just anti-war (and who could blame
her?) And Moore stakes his hope on the pack of scoundrels, toadies,
and collaborators otherwise known as the Democratic Party because he's
fundamentally conservative-- he's just not evil enough or blinkered
enough to be a Republican.

_I'm_ a leftist. Zoot is a leftist. Those public figures you
mentioned may be left of _your_ position, but just because they are in
opposition to Fascism does not make them leftists. That's like calling
someone a health fanatic because they don't want to get cancer.

HTH,

Chalo