What's up with Bigha?

Old August 16th 03, 12:28 AM
Larry Varney

Default What's up with Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:
Larry Varney wrote:

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

The EZ-1 SC cost is one sixth that of the Bigha. Is the Bigha six
times better? The RANS Fusion cost is almost one forth that of the
Bigha. Is the Bigha four times better? There are still a lot of slow
heavy comfort bents around for a fraction of the Bigha. But if you
are going to pay that much, why go slow? The Bigha costs more then
the Vision VR65, Tour Easy or Lighting P38. Is the Bigha better then
any of these? You can get a Greenspeed GTR for the same cost as a
Bigha. Is the Bigha as good?

Those questions can be answered (and asked) by everyone, of course,
but how credible would be the answers if the person had not ridden the
bikes mentioned? Not to mention how "six times better" can be
determined, whether it be related to bikes, cars, apple pie or any
number of other things we can purchase.
Lots of variable, lots of subjective opinions, criteria, and
viewpoints, but it all comes down to one thing: if the person hasn't
ridden the bikes in question, then his opinion of relative worth is
nothing more than that.

Have you ridden a Bigha? If so, do you have one on order?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

I've already posted, several times, that I not only have never ridden
one, I've never even seen one. And you keep telling us how horrible the
bike is, and *you* have never seen or ridden one.
If so, do you have one on order? No? Why not? For some strange reason
you seem to have taken it as your mission in life to tell the world just
how horrible this bike is, all based on two facts: how much it costs,
and you've never even seen one.
We know you don't like the bike. We know you think it's too
expensive. We know you've never seen or ridden one. What we *don't*
know, is why you keep beating this poor dead horse.
If the BigHA is as lousy as you *believe* it is, completely without
any personal, first-hand knowledge, guess what: it'll fail. People who
ride it will decide that, for one reason or another, it's not for them.
I suspect that they'll come to that decision based on their actual
experiences with the bike, and not because you keep telling them how
horrible it is.
But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe people need someone like you to tell them
all about a bike you've never seen nor ridden, so that they'll know
whether or not to buy one.

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY

Old August 16th 03, 12:49 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Larry Varney wrote:
Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

Larry Varney wrote:

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

[...]

So why don't you have one on order?

I want to know if ANYONE with real experience riding recumbents is going
to pay $3000.00 for this bike. Someone show me that this bike is worth
buying. Surely there is someone with more money then they can spend
otherwise.

The Bigha marketing is obviously targeted at people who know nothing at
all about recumbents and little about bicycles in general, so will not
know how ridiculously overpriced it is.

Old August 16th 03, 01:41 AM
Tom Thompson

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
om...
"Mikael Seierup" wrote in message

Regards
Mikael
Copenhagen, Denmark (Happy now, Ed? ;o) )

Yes, but you will not consistently do it. But I also think Copenhagen
is a big enough city and since it is also the capital of the country
you probably do not need to indicate the country. Copenhagen all by
itself would be sufficient. After all, there is no Copenhagen, USA. (I
should look this up but I am too lazy. It will probably turn out that
there is a Copenhagen in the USA in which case it would then be
necessary to indicate the country no matter how big the city. For
instance, just Moscow not followed by a country means Moscow in Idaho.
Since there is a Moscow in the USA one would have to designate the
other Moscow as Moscow, Russia. This does get a bit complicated but as
long as we keep clear that the USA takes precedence over all other
countries then it is a no-brainer.) But I think in general one need
only indicate either city or state (country) and not both. There is no
sense in telling people more than they want to know.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

What unmitigated crap! Anyone with any sense of the world beyond the USA
would think "Russia" when hearing "Moscow". If you insist in frequenting an
international forum, you should at least drop this holier-than-thou Ugly
American BS. It's shameful.

Tom Thompson
Westland

Old August 16th 03, 02:19 AM
Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

If cities with common names are assumed to be in the US, then we can
assume that all those from Toronto are actually from Toronto, Iowa.

Old August 16th 03, 02:34 AM
Larry Varney

Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

So why don't you have one on order?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

You seem to need to have this posted one more time, in order to
understand: I have never seen the bike. I have never ridden the bike. So
why would I have one on order?
See, there's one big difference between you and I. I do not condemn
something of which I have no first-hand knowledge. And, neither do I buy
such an item. Since you obviously feel so free to do the former, I am
surprised that you will not do the latter as well.

Old August 16th 03, 02:48 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

Default OT Just because your paranoid..... was( What's up with Bigha?)

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 08:25:07 +0100, Ian
wrote:

...a notable quote
on a holiday programme in Britain, made by a visiting U.S. citizen was "I
brought my own food because they eat chipmunks in England". We would soon
starve to death eating animals that do not exist here.

It'd serve you right for eating all the chipmunks up, wouldn't it?
Made them extinct already, have you? Is that why you've switched to
organ meats from mad cows, slathered in bland gray gravy?

Bunch of gluttons...

Old August 16th 03, 03:39 AM
Edward Dolan

Larry Varney wrote in message ...
Lorenzo L. Love wrote:

[...]

One does not need hands-on experience of a thing in order to determine
it's relative worth or value. A child is capable of doing it based on
a few facts about the thing. As usual you are off in the wilderness
considering complexities which don't exist. But this is what can
happen to anyone when they are bereft of common sense. Mr. Love is
right to stick on the main point, which is the $3000. in conjunction
with a few known facts about the bike, and not let himself be
distracted by all the asides of the gnat brigade. How you can take
issue with what was said above defies logic. But then you always could
take issue with someone over nothing.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old August 16th 03, 03:52 AM
Edward Dolan

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...

skip wrote:
For me, I'll take a Tailwind thank you.
Good night Bob Cardone where ever you are.

The RANS Rocket and Tailwind are still arguably the best recumbent
values out there, especially since the crank and BB have been upgraded
from the Dotek and Shimano LP-37 [1].

Another extremely rare point of agreement with Mr. Sherman. I too
think the RANS Tailwind is one of the better designed recumbents on
the market at a very good value. These points of agreement with Mr.
Sherman are so rare that they need to be recorded for posterity, or at
least acknowledged, which is why I am posting here.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Old August 16th 03, 06:21 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Thompson" wrote in message ...

What unmitigated crap! Anyone with any sense of the world beyond the USA
would think "Russia" when hearing "Moscow". If you insist in frequenting an
international forum, you should at least drop this holier-than-thou Ugly
American BS. It's shameful.

Tom Thompson
Westland

One of my best trolls ever and this guy with a double name composed of
Toms falls for it like a ton of bricks. Thanks for making my day Mr.
Unmitigated Crap. But you did not listen to what I had to say. What
and where is Westland or is it Wasteland? State? Country? But if you
don't care why should I?

Ed Dolan - Minnesota