Cyclist killed by colliding with pedestrian.

Old June 7th 14, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist killed by colliding with pedestrian.

Female cyclist ran down a pedestrian and fell off, head injuries meant
she died. The pedestrian walked away and has not been seen since. Karma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-27746410
Old June 7th 14, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 07/06/2014 18:52, Mrcheerful wrote:

Female cyclist ran down a pedestrian and fell off, head injuries meant
she died. The pedestrian walked away and has not been seen since. Karma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-27746410

There is no indication in the report that the cyclist was to blame.

Or, indeed, that the pedestrian was to blame.

In particular, there is no suggestion that the collision took place on a
footway.

Old June 7th 14, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter

On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 18:52:11 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

Female cyclist ran down a pedestrian and fell off, head injuries meant
she died. The pedestrian walked away and has not been seen since. Karma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-27746410

I collided with a large man holding a briefcase once when I was cycling. He crossed the road without looking, and admitted "just listening for cars". I broke my collar bone as I was carrying a rucksack at the time. I'd say a hell of a lot of pedestrians are stupid, that's why they often get run over by cars.

--
What does a married man say after sex?
Don't tell my wife.
Old June 7th 14, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 07/06/2014 18:55, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2014 18:52, Mrcheerful wrote:

Female cyclist ran down a pedestrian and fell off, head injuries meant
she died. The pedestrian walked away and has not been seen since.
Karma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-27746410

There is no indication in the report that the cyclist was to blame.

Or, indeed, that the pedestrian was to blame.

In particular, there is no suggestion that the collision took place on a
footway.

I should have said 'ran into a pedestrian'
The person on a wheeled vehicle should give way to pedestrians wherever
they may be. I say Karma simply because it is usually the cyclist that
leaves the scene of a crash with a pedestrian. Usually also the
pedestrian receives the more serious injuries. I made no mention of the
exact location of the crash. Are you turning into Tom Crispin? or is
this another pseudo posting?
Old June 7th 14, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

news
wrote:

Female cyclist ran down a pedestrian and fell off, head injuries meant
she died. The pedestrian walked away and has not been seen since.
Karma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-27746410

I collided with a large man holding a briefcase once when I was cycling.
He crossed the road without looking, and admitted "just listening for
cars". I broke my collar bone as I was carrying a rucksack at the time.
I'd say a hell of a lot of pedestrians are stupid, that's why they often
get run over by cars.

Typical cyclist. Always the fault of somebody else. Never the fault of the
****** on the child's toy.
You were not using a viable means of transport which has protection for the
user.
The collar bone will come back to haunt you in years to come.
You did of course report the RTA to the police?
You did of course claim on your insurance for your injury?
Oh hang on ........................

Old June 8th 14, 01:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 07/06/2014 19:15, Mrcheerful wrote:

On 07/06/2014 18:55, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2014 18:52, Mrcheerful wrote:

Female cyclist ran down a pedestrian and fell off, head injuries meant
she died. The pedestrian walked away and has not been seen since.
Karma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-27746410

There is no indication in the report that the cyclist was to blame.
Or, indeed, that the pedestrian was to blame.
In particular, there is no suggestion that the collision took place on a
footway.

I should have said 'ran into a pedestrian'

I don't think that matters very much. The cited news article only says
"...collided with".

The person on a wheeled vehicle should give way to pedestrians wherever
they may be.

For certain values of "should", I can't disagree with that.

But sometimes, pedestrians will step out into the street without heeding
traffic of any sort. And there's no indication that that isn't what
happened here. No indication (either) that it did happen like that, so
at this stage, nothing is ruled out.

I say Karma simply because it is usually the cyclist that
leaves the scene of a crash with a pedestrian.

That's probably true.

Usually also the pedestrian receives the more serious injuries.

Also probably true.

I made no mention of the exact location of the crash.

You didn't have to. It is mentioned in the news report.

Are you turning into Tom Crispin? or is this another pseudo posting?

The posting is genuine.

I always try to be fair. Accidents aren't always the cyclist's fault,
and if this one was not the cyclist's fault (one possible conclusion),
death seems an awfully big unwarranted penalty.
Old June 8th 14, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 18:52:11 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

Female cyclist ran down a pedestrian and fell off, head injuries meant
she died. The pedestrian walked away and has not been seen since.
Karma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-27746410

Karma for a murderer? Nice guy.
Old June 8th 14, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 18:55:04 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 07/06/2014 18:52, Mrcheerful wrote:

Female cyclist ran down a pedestrian and fell off, head injuries meant
she died. The pedestrian walked away and has not been seen since.
Karma.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-27746410

There is no indication in the report that the cyclist was to blame.

Or, indeed, that the pedestrian was to blame.

In particular, there is no suggestion that the collision took place on a
footway.

I read the account carefully, and I agree with you.
Old June 8th 14, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 21:17:45 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:

child's toy.

My child's toy is a very convenient economical delightful viable means of
transport.
Old June 8th 14, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 21:17:45 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:

And thank you very much kind sir for your great accolade! Now I am
working towards the higher honour, in your sight of being byzantine,
conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, and
spastic.