Un oltro PING per il Jacu...Jacou...errr...Mike!

Old September 20th 11, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

Default Un oltro PING per il Jacu...Jacou...errr...Mike!

Instead of blowing all of that hard-earned cash on those five star
hotels you stay at when you're slumming in Europaland every July, why
not bring one of these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjNfncjOHNw

Old September 21st 11, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Sep 20, 2:33*pm, RicodJour wrote:
Instead of blowing all of that hard-earned cash on those five star
hotels you stay at when you're slumming in Europaland every July, why
not bring one of these?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjNfncjOHNw

Toilet and bio-fuel stove - sounds like a dangerous plan.
Old September 21st 11, 04:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"RicodJour" wrote in message
Instead of blowing all of that hard-earned cash on those five star
hotels you stay at when you're slumming in Europaland every July, why
not bring one of these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjNfncjOHNw

I see the French connection- that thing is so small (as a shelter) that
only someone of Napoleanic stature could possibly sleep in it.

The only French 5* hotel I've stayed is was the Lafayette Square
Sofitel... in Washington DC. Impressive! But I'd never stay at a place
like that on my own dime; it was subsidized by Trek for dealers
attending the DC Bicycle Summit last March (we paid $175/night instead
of the $300+ they billed Trek).

In France, the fanciest place I've stayed is the Concorde Montparnasse,
which isn't too fancy but it's right at the train station. In Paris we
(my son and I) always stay next to one of the main stations, since we're
lugging bikes. Actually, that's what we do everywhere in France, which
nicely helps us avoid renting a car.

On the go, we generally stay at Etap or Ibis hotels. I'd consider
Formulae 1 except that the bathroom is down the hall, and that's a bit
of an inconvenience for this particular 55 year old guy.

As a rule, even with current exchange rates, I can travel more cheaply
in France than in the US. Sure, there are inexpensive places to stay in
the US, but they're inconsistent... some fair, some awful. In France,
the Etaps are amazingly consistent from town to town. Besides, we're not
there for the hotel stay.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old September 21st 11, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 21/09/2011 04:42, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

The other disadvantage (if you see it that way) with Formula 1's is the sound of
fornication coming thru the walls as local reps/travelling business men use the
services of the local ladies of the night.

Old September 21st 11, 11:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

atriage wrote:
sound of fornication

Good name for a band.

Old September 21st 11, 11:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 21/09/2011 11:09, Simply Fred wrote:
atriage wrote:
sound of fornication

Good name for a band.

Lol yeah, it would be, I'm surprised no one has used it yet...would have to be a
thrash metal combo I suppose.

Old September 28th 11, 07:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Simply Fred wrote:
atriage wrote:
sound of fornication