For Chung and Asher

Old October 5th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default For Chung and Asher

On 05/10/2011 21:53, Davey Crockett wrote:
Simply Fred a écrit profondement:

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| | But of course you knew already that einstein's theory was, let's say
| | very shaky

| Simply Fred wrote:
| | Apart from having withstood almost a 100 years of experimental
| verification.

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| http://azurservers.com:7080/rbr/blackholes.html
| Save the file and play it

| atriage wrote:
| I tried to play that with 4 different players and they all said it was
| corrupt.

| Worked fine with mplayer (MPEG-4 video mp3 audio). Just a rehash of
| the Susskind-Hawking battle. Most things are shaky in a singularity.

Davey prefers Penrose to Hawking though

Yeah I do to although I find his books pretty heavy going.

Old October 5th 11, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_4_]

On Oct 5, 12:10*am, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

Someone I collaborate with - more accurately, I am
a minor collaborator of his, and data-flunky - got the
****ing Nobel Prize (not for anything I did, trust me).

That's not the bad part. *The bad part is that according
to the Times article, I'm two years older than him.
I thought it was the other way around.

It's a good thing I don't own a pickup truck or I'd
be out there road-raging on Brad right now.

Fredmaster Ben

My condolences. Been there, done that. I'm so envious of Perlmutter's
parking space -- when Czeslaw Milosz won, the chancellor asked him
what they could do for him and Milosz pulled a parking ticket out of
his pocket, asked if he could fix it, and since then the best part of
a Nobel is that you get your own parking space on campus.

I notice that you didn't win a MacArthur this year, either.
Old October 5th 11, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 05/10/2011 22:35, Robert Chung wrote:
On Oct 5, 12:10 am, Fredmaster of wrote:
[...]

Poor guy, he's a multiple luser.

Old October 6th 11, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Brad Anders" wrote in message
On Oct 5, 12:10 am, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

Someone I collaborate with - more accurately, I am
a minor collaborator of his, and data-flunky - got the
****ing Nobel Prize (not for anything I did, trust me).

That's not the bad part. The bad part is that according
to the Times article, I'm two years older than him.
I thought it was the other way around.

It's a good thing I don't own a pickup truck or I'd
be out there road-raging on Brad right now.

Fredmaster Ben

=========
Don't bitch, at least you've got a scientific career at that level.
Me, just a lowly engineer. I've got two friends who are likely Nobel
winners (medicine and physics), they took a different path than guys
like me.

I'll be looking for your new truck.
=========

My ex-GF's (goes way way way back... like more than the 32 years I've
been married anyway) brother won the Nobel Prize two years ago. Pretty
amazing.

Me? I'm probably window dressing in front of a Congressional committee
next Wednesday. Slightest of slight chances that I'll testify. For the
national sales tax initiative. Pretty exciting, huh?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old October 6th 11, 10:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Oct 5, 2:35*pm, Robert Chung wrote:
[...]

Perlmutter works at LBL, he doesn't need a parking spot.
I wonder if he gets one anyway. Maybe they'll give him one
to keep Harvard or Stanford from hiring him away?
Anyway, Perlmutter is the competition.

I knew the story about Nobelists and parking spaces but
not that it was due to Milosz.

They kicked the entire astronomy department out of their
building this year (Campbell, known for years to be seismically
unsound) and they're all in some temporary building near
the practice fields. Berkeley should be grateful that when
Perlmutter gets interviewed it will be in a swank LBL office
and not in some cubicle in this temporary warehouse, that
would embarrass the university, if a university could be
embarrassed.

Fredmaster Ben

Old October 6th 11, 10:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Oct 5, 12:17*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 5, 2:54*pm, Frederick the Great wrote:

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

I find that hard to believe. *~

Someone I collaborate with - more accurately, I am
a minor collaborator of his, and data-flunky - got the
****ing Nobel Prize (not for anything I did, trust me).

I know they give out peace prizes, and chemistry prizes and the like,
but this ****ing prize intrigues me. *Tell me more.

Just about everyone I know has emailed around this
Fox article, it was even shown at a conference I was
attending:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...ze-in-physics/

The headline originally said "Three Americans Share
2011 Nobel Peace Prize in Physics." Fox corrected
the headline after a day or so, but you can see from the
URL that it did say "Nobel Peace Prize in Physics."
Which is especially ironic when you know that the two
competing teams sharing this award are bitter rivals.

Fredmaster Ben
Old October 6th 11, 10:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Oct 5, 11:54*am, Frederick the Great wrote:
In article
,
*Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

Someone I collaborate with - more accurately, I am
a minor collaborator of his, and data-flunky - got the
****ing Nobel Prize (not for anything I did, trust me).

That's not the bad part. *The bad part is that according
to the Times article, I'm two years older than him.

I'll bet he knows when to use the nominative case.

http://mingus.as.arizona.edu/~bjw/misc/rbr/waitwhat.jpg

Are you suggesting that I should have said
"I'm two years older than he [is]" ?

Because I think you're only right if I say "than he is."
Saying "I'm two years older than he." is either wrong
or at best tin-eared. Unfortunately I'm traveling and
don't have my copy of Fowler's around for moral support.

If you want to copy-edit my professional writing,
and that of prominent Nobelists,
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abstract_service.html
type lastname, first initial into the authors box.

Thanks,
Fredmaster Ben
Old October 6th 11, 10:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
atriage wrote:

On 05/10/2011 19:54, Frederick the Great wrote:
In article
,
Fredmaster of wrote:

Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

Someone I collaborate with - more accurately, I am
a minor collaborator of his, and data-flunky - got the
****ing Nobel Prize (not for anything I did, trust me).

That's not the bad part. The bad part is that according
to the Times article, I'm two years older than him.

I'll bet he knows when to use the nominative case.

Why? Some of the people what I knows who are brilliant at maths are ****ing
hopeless at English.

A Finnish poster at sci.math can out-write you or me in English prose.
Now you name somebody brilliant at maths that is ****ing
hopeless at English.

--
Old Fritz
Old October 6th 11, 10:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,

On Oct 5, 12:17Â*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 5, 2:54Â*pm, Frederick the Great wrote:

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

I find that hard to believe. Â*~

but this ****ing prize intrigues me. Â*Tell me more.

Just about everyone I know has emailed around this
Fox article, it was even shown at a conference I was
attending:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...ze-in-physics/

Gratuitous Robert Frost reference.

--
Michael Press

Haven't heard from Asher in a while... Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 7 July 28th 10 03:08 PM
Mr Chung Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 0 June 23rd 09 07:10 AM
Asher is Wrong As Usual Tom Kunich Racing 4 May 14th 07 07:54 AM
Asher is like SO Cool Tom Kunich Racing 15 March 26th 07 02:27 PM
Where's Asher When You Really Need Him? Tom Kunich Racing 39 March 17th 07 09:21 PM