Tree sap weapon makes cyclists fall off

Old September 23rd 16, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jude[_4_]

Default Tree sap weapon makes cyclists fall off

From me:

From MrCheerful :

On 23/09/2016 10:37, Bod wrote:
On 23/09/2016 10:08, Peter Keller wrote:
On 22.09.2016 23:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down? Or use more viable transport?

What is more viable transport?

He thinks that cars don't skid on slippery roads and crash into
buildings/people.
That happens on virtually a weekly basis. Pleny of news reports verify
this fact.

Pleny?

I have skidded, and drifted, quite literally thousands of times (I used
to race a lot) and have never fallen from my car as a result.

You seem to be implying that because you can fall off bicycles they are not
viable enough transport. Do you feel about motorcycles?

Oopsy daze! What I meant to ask was: Do you feel the same about motorcycles?

Old September 23rd 16, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 23/09/2016 13:35, MrCheerful wrote:
On 23/09/2016 10:37, Bod wrote:
On 23/09/2016 10:08, Peter Keller wrote:
On 22.09.2016 23:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down? Or use more viable transport?

What is more viable transport?

He thinks that cars don't skid on slippery roads and crash into
buildings/people.
That happens on virtually a weekly basis. Pleny of news reports verify
this fact.

Pleny?

I have skidded, and drifted, quite literally thousands of times (I used
to race a lot) and have never fallen from my car as a result.

A race track provides space for the skilled and unskilled to do it (how
do you know which you are?) and by lapping a race track, the opportunity
exists to learn cornering speeds. But we're not discussing a race track.

Just like drivers, different cyclists have different levels of bicycle
control skills.

Old September 23rd 16, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 23/09/2016 10:37, Bod wrote:
[...]

The question was about viable transport, I have never fallen off a car
while skidding, either on the track or road. Yet I have fallen off
bicycles and motorcycles due to skidding. ergo, which method of travel
is better to avoid falling during a skid? A car is. If the lady in
question had been driving a car at the exact same place, she would not
have been hurt by falling.
Old September 23rd 16, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 23/09/2016 10:37, Bod wrote:
[...]

People crash cars (into ditches, trees, bridges and buildings) after
skidding, and sometimes kill themselves and others, so trying to
constrain the result to "falling off" in the absence of any other effect
is just being childish.

Old September 23rd 16, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:19:02 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 22/09/2016 12:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down?

Compared to what? Compared to whatever this reference is, how do you
know they didn't?

They clearly weren't paying sufficient attention to their surroundings. If I skid my car on black ice and kill somebody, I can't say it was the council's fault.

--
She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke it off.
Old September 23rd 16, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 23-Sep-16 11:37 AM, Bod wrote:
On 23/09/2016 10:08, Peter Keller wrote:
On 22.09.2016 23:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down? Or use more viable transport?

What is more viable transport?

He thinks that cars don't skid on slippery roads and crash into
buildings/people.
That happens on virtually a weekly basis. Pleny of news reports verify
this fact.

But they don't just fall over.

Old September 23rd 16, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 23/09/2016 20:57, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:19:02 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/09/2016 12:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down?

Compared to what? Compared to whatever this reference is, how do
you know they didn't?

They clearly weren't paying sufficient attention to their
surroundings. If I skid my car on black ice and kill somebody, I
can't say it was the council's fault.

Correct. It wasn't me suggesting that anything was the council's fault.

I was just replying to the whingeing from Cheerless. It's good of you to
accept the possibility that a driver can cause a car to skid on a public
road and kill somebody, without wriggling that it doesn't count because
the driver hasn't fallen off.
Old September 23rd 16, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 23-Sep-16 11:40 PM, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/09/2016 20:57, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:19:02 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/09/2016 12:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down?

Compared to what? Compared to whatever this reference is, how do
you know they didn't?

They clearly weren't paying sufficient attention to their
surroundings. If I skid my car on black ice and kill somebody, I
can't say it was the council's fault.

Correct. It wasn't me suggesting that anything was the council's fault.

I was just replying to the whingeing from Cheerless. It's good of you to
accept the possibility that a driver can cause a car to skid on a public
road and kill somebody, without wriggling that it doesn't count because
the driver hasn't fallen off.

Have you actually READ the thread title?

Old September 23rd 16, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 22:40:47 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 23/09/2016 20:57, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:19:02 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/09/2016 12:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down?

Compared to what? Compared to whatever this reference is, how do
you know they didn't?

They clearly weren't paying sufficient attention to their
surroundings. If I skid my car on black ice and kill somebody, I
can't say it was the council's fault.

Correct. It wasn't me suggesting that anything was the council's fault.

I was just replying to the whingeing from Cheerless. It's good of you to
accept the possibility that a driver can cause a car to skid on a public
road and kill somebody, without wriggling that it doesn't count because
the driver hasn't fallen off.

My point that appears to have escaped you is that nobody should be doing anything about the trees. The cyclists need to take responsibility for their own actions, just as car drivers do with ice.

--
They say Confucius does his crosswords with a pen.
Old September 23rd 16, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 22:45:47 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 23-Sep-16 11:40 PM, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/09/2016 20:57, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:19:02 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/09/2016 12:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down?

Compared to what? Compared to whatever this reference is, how do
you know they didn't?

They clearly weren't paying sufficient attention to their
surroundings. If I skid my car on black ice and kill somebody, I
can't say it was the council's fault.

Correct. It wasn't me suggesting that anything was the council's fault.

I was just replying to the whingeing from Cheerless. It's good of you to
accept the possibility that a driver can cause a car to skid on a public
road and kill somebody, without wriggling that it doesn't count because
the driver hasn't fallen off.

Have you actually READ the thread title?

He never seems to read anything anyone writes properly. Maybe he cycles because he failed the driving theory test, as he can't read?

--
System error 4C: kernel panic