Tree sap weapon makes cyclists fall off

Old September 24th 16, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

Default Tree sap weapon makes cyclists fall off

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 05:20:20 +0100, Alycidon wrote:

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 01:17:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 01:09:10 +0100, Alycidon wrote:

On Friday, 23 September 2016 23:31:25 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

He never seems to read anything anyone writes properly. Maybe he cycles because he failed the driving theory test, as he can't read?

I never took a theory test in 1980 but passed first time anyway despite having had no lessons.

So why do you obsess over the highway code if it wasn't required?

I knew the HC inside out back in 1980 and have kept up to date ever since, I like to obsess over fine print, obscure rules and little known facts.

Did you know that the brightest star in the sky and also the nearest in the Sun?
Even the experts get that wrong.

https://twitter.com/swldxer/status/768856861164593153

Some things are worth knowing, but the HC is not one of them.

--
"Do you like Kipling?"
"I don't know, I've never kippled."
Old September 24th 16, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 17:22:13 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 12:46:58 +0100, Judith wrote:

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:09:10 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon wrote:

On Friday, 23 September 2016 23:31:25 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

He never seems to read anything anyone writes properly. Maybe he cycles because he failed the driving theory test, as he can't read?

I never took a theory test in 1980 but passed first time anyway despite having had no lessons.

Crikey - why have you never told us that before?

Are you the same Smith that just admitted to beating up your spouse in uk.legal.moderated?

Nope - "judith" is in fact a Tony Bournes from Collyhurst who once had a Thai mail order wife and a business selling similar brides.

She has since left him so he spends his time stalking people online and trying to get people sacked from their jobs as he is eaten with envy at anyone richer, better educated and happier than he is.

He first appeared on USENET around 2005.

https://t.co/srlKXTLEQN
Old September 24th 16, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 05:20:20 +0100, Alycidon wrote:

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 01:17:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 01:09:10 +0100, Alycidon wrote:

On Friday, 23 September 2016 23:31:25 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

He never seems to read anything anyone writes properly. Maybe he cycles because he failed the driving theory test, as he can't read?

I never took a theory test in 1980 but passed first time anyway despite having had no lessons.

So why do you obsess over the highway code if it wasn't required?

I knew the HC inside out back in 1980 and have kept up to date ever since, I like to obsess over fine print, obscure rules and little known facts.

About as much use as memorising the bible.

Old September 24th 16, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 19:40:14 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

I knew the HC inside out back in 1980 and have kept up to date ever since, I like to obsess over fine print, obscure rules and little known facts.

About as much use as memorising the bible.

Trivia fact - the world's oldest pop lyrics.

QUOTE:

"It is one of a few pop songs whose lyrics come directly from the Bible (See also "Turn! Turn! Turn!" by Pete Seeger, "40" by U2, and "The Lord's Prayer" by Sister Janet Mead)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_of_Babylon
Old September 24th 16, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 19:51:26 +0100, Alycidon wrote:

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 19:40:14 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

I knew the HC inside out back in 1980 and have kept up to date ever since, I like to obsess over fine print, obscure rules and little known facts.

About as much use as memorising the bible.

Trivia fact - the world's oldest pop lyrics.

QUOTE:

"It is one of a few pop songs whose lyrics come directly from the Bible (See also "Turn! Turn! Turn!" by Pete Seeger, "40" by U2, and "The Lord's Prayer" by Sister Janet Mead)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_of_Babylon

I know alternate words to that.

--
What happens if you install windows 98 on a system with 2 processors?
It crashes twice.
Old September 25th 16, 01:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 18:15:36 +0100, Alycidon wrote:

[...]

Ah, yes the headers are rather different. They were both jsmiths that made me think.

Old September 25th 16, 01:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 12:45:41 +0100, Judith wrote:

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:19:02 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

snip

Facilities don't tend to be put in places where people cycle for leisure.

Bawdrip to Chedzoy Riverside Path
Costs per km £35,267

Mirfield Helm Lane to Bradley Viaduct
Costs per km £ 163,820

I suppose there were thousands of cyclists wanting to use the paths to get to
work.

I don't mind as long as those costs came out of the cyclist licence fees. Do
you know if they did? Or was there a cyclists toll on the paths?

It costs more than that. If those cyclists stop having a car, the government gets less taxes from that.

--
I spilt spot remover on my dog, and now he's gone.
Old September 25th 16, 01:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 10:37:43 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 23/09/2016 10:08, Peter Keller wrote:
On 22.09.2016 23:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down? Or use more viable transport?

What is more viable transport?

He thinks that cars don't skid on slippery roads and crash into
buildings/people.
That happens on virtually a weekly basis. Pleny of news reports verify
this fact.

And the councils spend millions ****ing about with roads instead of simply blaming the stupid motorist.

--
I am sorry I offended you - I should have lied.
Old September 25th 16, 01:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 14:16:26 +0100, Jude wrote:

From me:

From MrCheerful :

On 23/09/2016 10:37, Bod wrote:
On 23/09/2016 10:08, Peter Keller wrote:
On 22.09.2016 23:07, MrCheerful wrote:

Why can't the cyclists just slow down? Or use more viable transport?

What is more viable transport?

He thinks that cars don't skid on slippery roads and crash into
buildings/people.
That happens on virtually a weekly basis. Pleny of news reports verify
this fact.

Pleny?

I have skidded, and drifted, quite literally thousands of times (I used
to race a lot) and have never fallen from my car as a result.

You seem to be implying that because you can fall off bicycles they are not
viable enough transport. Do you feel about motorcycles?

Oopsy daze! What I meant to ask was: Do you feel the same about motorcycles?

I repeat the joke I heard around here recently. ****ing a lorry gives you the HGV virus.

--
Hiroshima '45 Chernobyl '86 Windows '95
Old September 26th 16, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 24/09/2016 17:22, James Wilkinson wrote:

I'll respond to you when your posts are intelligible. Your mind is in
knots.

The usual process when sending a reply with quoted material is to make
your reply relevant. Your reply wasn't relevant and you complained even
after I followed yours with an agreement.

Had somebody written something along the lines of "somebody else was to
blame and the council should be sued for every penny", then your
original reply would have been relevant. Nobody wrote anything like
that, did they?