Weird Problem

Old July 26th 06, 08:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

Default Weird Problem

Hey guys, when i'm hopping on my uni (24" wheel, 170mm cranks, right
foot forward, left hand on handle) my unicycle seems to want to spin
around. it's weird cause it's only started happening lately, i'll just
be hopping and my uni trys to spin me around clockwise. have any of you
ever had this problem or know how to fix it?

thanks

--
iridemymuni

Evan Byrne wrote:
hope you like my super crappy present, but hey, you said you needed a
wrench.

~~hold bananas and chug counterfeit tobasco for christ~~
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old July 26th 06, 08:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

If you have only just stared hopping then that is why. As you practice
and get more comfortable with it you stop spinning and you can actully
control the hops. I know what you mean though, I do stuff like that
when I hop in the wrong position, I sometimes spin and the cranks like
to turn also.

--
Spencer Hochberg

(disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)
Caw89 wrote:
Something smells... is it me? or that sewer I fell in?

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old July 26th 06, 08:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

i've been hopping for about two months now and can hop up some stairs
and stuff, i've ridden for about 1 and a half months but only lately it
starts trying to spin me clockwise.

--
iridemymuni

Old July 26th 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

didnt this only start happening when you put your tyre on the wrong way?
i dont know what it could be, but that could be the problem.

--
tomtrevor

I was doing a wheelie on my bike and figured why not buy a unicycle.
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old July 26th 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

nah it started before the tyre went on the wrong way, i should really
change it back some time

--
iridemymuni

Old July 26th 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

maybe you have changed your hoping style without noticing it, or you
could have one of your shoulders too far forward.

Old July 26th 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickvb123

the seat is straight?

--
nickvb123

^_^
nickvb123's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5926

Old July 26th 06, 09:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maxisback

try and turing the other way ? keep ur legs tight around your seat when
you hop and use your hand to direct your seat so it wont turn..

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885