My shoulder hurts. Quite a lot.

Old August 13th 05, 06:16 PM
Skippii

Default My shoulder hurts. Quite a lot.

After reading the "I smashed my elbow" thread, I decided to wear elbow
pads today, which I normally don't.
....and then I fell, hard, on my left elbow.
Which, as luck would have it, pushed the elbow pads up on my upper arm
as my elbow flesh got scraped across main street. But, the pad took the
impact, so nothing major with the elbow.
But my left shoulder hurts. On my back, where my shoulder blade sticks
out..a bit below my actual shoulder.
I fell about 15 minutes ago. Now I'm starting to get pins and needles in
my shoulder, wierd tingling feelings. And it still hurts.
I'm a bit hesitant to say how much it hurts. It's nothing unbearable at
all, and normally I'd say it didn't feel bad at all, but that's what I
said when I messed up my ankle and ripped a tendon in half.
So, is this normal?
I suppose I should just see if it gets any better in an hour or so, but
I was just looking for an excuse to post another thread.

--
Skippii - Kingpin, One for the Road

One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

Old August 13th 05, 06:20 PM
unist

keep moving you shoulder never let it rest or it will cramp

--
unist

If you don't support the War On Terror, do you support a dictator that
wouldnt mind to put a family through a wood chipper??
unist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10351

Old August 13th 05, 07:01 PM
DustinMichels

Dont whine, take a warm bath, and I personatly wouldn't stick pins in my
shoulder if it hurt

--
DustinMichels - What could possibly go wrong?

-Clink! Screw! Bend! Inflate! Alter Saddle!-
DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289

Old August 13th 05, 10:51 PM
johnfoss

Sounds like you may have pinched a nerve or somehing. If it doesn't
start to feel better relatively soon, be sure to have a professional
look at it.

Interesting that you took a hard elbow fall right after putting on elbow
protection. This goes along with all the "evidence" Just zis guy was
pushing in the Helmets thread...

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old August 13th 05, 11:10 PM
Mikefule

I suppose you ask your doctor for unicycling advice?

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

"Sumo comes to mind, but is only one example of many fun things I've
done over the years."
John Foss, apparently presenting his credentials as renaissance man of
the forum. ;0)

Old August 14th 05, 12:33 AM
Skippii

Mikefule wrote:
*I suppose you ask your doctor for unicycling advice? *

I like this, made me laugh. Just a habit, I suppose.

John Foss, I see your point. Still haven't made up my mind.
I certainly don't think that wearing elbow pads caused this fall--I was
learning a new trick where the foot position inhibited my ability to run
out of a UPD.
However, would I have taken this fall had I not been wearing elbow pads?
Probably not, as I would probably not have tried this 50 times in a row
had I not been wearing pads.

Old August 14th 05, 02:30 AM
unick 8133

my shoulder blade has been hurting, too, but not from a specific fall.
every once in a while while riding long distances, my shoulder blade
hurts really bad, and it's very sudden almost like a bad cramp. it only
lasts a minute. i should probably stretch before unicycling long
distances....does anyone already do this?

--
unick 8133
unick 8133's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10398

Old August 14th 05, 02:48 AM
Fuego

oh yeah, I get the shoulder blade tingly feeling... I never thought much
of it. stretching should help.

(reply to unick.)

--
Fuego - A Cult of Unicyclists

If u could've aborted president bush using medicinal marijuana grown by
a gay guy with a feeding-tube who was on death row, wade u?
-GILD

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983