Trek Bike Frame number, etc

Old August 16th 03, 11:08 PM
help

Default Trek Bike Frame number, etc

I need to find out my Trek 4300's frame number for insurance purposes.
On the underside of the bottom bracket, I found 3 set of numbers of the
following format:
(Alphabet as shown below, with n denoting a numeric digit)

nnnnUnnn (laid out horizontally)

WTU
nnnSnnnnX (laid out vertically on the left)

TBI-nnnn
GSnZnnnn (laid out vertically to the right)

Which is the frame number? What are the other two numbers???

Old August 17th 03, 04:26 AM
Johoo

It is also mentioned on the owners registritaion card.

"help" schreef in bericht

Old August 17th 03, 04:45 AM
Monique Y. Herman

Johoo wrote:
It is also mentioned on the owners registritaion card.

"help" schreef in bericht

I need to find out my Trek 4300's frame number for insurance purposes.
On the underside of the bottom bracket, I found 3 set of numbers of the
following format:
(Alphabet as shown below, with n denoting a numeric digit)

nnnnUnnn (laid out horizontally)

WTU
nnnSnnnnX (laid out vertically on the left)

TBI-nnnn
GSnZnnnn (laid out vertically to the right)

Which is the frame number? What are the other two numbers???

I don't know which is the frame number, but I want to caution you about
registration cards. I bought my bike out of town, and when I got home,
I noticed that the card on which the serial number was printed didn't
match the serial number on the bike. I called the store and they didn't
seem too concerned, which leads me to believe that they might have this
mix-up fairly regularly.

My suggestion: use the number on the bike, not the card, and register
with the bike number, if possible.

-- monique

Old August 17th 03, 01:13 PM
help

I didn't get a Registration Card, only a Bicycle Owner's Manual, where on
Page 1 entitled congratulations, I have the option to write down manually
the bicycle name, frame number, etc.

I did buy it from a reputable Trek dealer, however!

Has he forgotten it or something? It's only a Trek 4300, not exactly the
top of the range. On page 1 of the manual it just says "Your bycicle's
serial number is embossed on the underside of the bottom bracket shell, the
deraileur hanger, or the disc brake mount"

No clue which of those numbers are the frame number. In what format are the
one for you guys?

Anyway, I could register online at
http://www.trekbike.co.uk/product_registration.php , couldn't I?

l.nl...

Old August 17th 03, 04:15 PM
Monique Y. Herman

help wrote:

snip

No clue which of those numbers are the frame number. In what format are the
one for you guys?

snip

I can't tell you what the frame number looks like (though I bet you
could contact a Trek representative through this form and ask:
http://www.trekbikes.com/inside_trek/contact/index.jsp ),
but I can tell you that the serial number on my fuel 90 is:

WW####### (Two W's, 7 digits)

It's also prefixed by S/N.

So by process of elimination, anything that looks like that isn't it.

-- monique