Why are we getting posts on Mtn Biking on rec.bicycles.misc?

Old June 5th 06, 09:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Why are we getting posts on Mtn Biking on rec.bicycles.misc?

"Werehatrack" wrote in message
On 4 Jun 2006 05:29:05 -0700, "Scoot" wrote:

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
Why are we getting posts (or is it cross posts) on Mtn Biking on
rec.bicycles.misc?

Who is doing this?

Go away and stop the posts, please. Especially the Vandemann stuff. I
thought I got away from him years ago.

Are you saying a bicycle isn't a bicycle? Are you suggesting that some
bicycles are more equal than others?
A bicycle, by the narrowest of definitions is a vehicle consisting of a
light frame mounted on two wire-spoked wheels one behind the other and
having a seat, handlebars for steering, brakes, and two pedals by which
it is driven.

Mtn BIke, Recumbent, Burley, Schwinn, Trek, Giant; they're all
bicycles....

I believe that the poster was not complaining about the fact that
mountain *bikes* were the subject, but rather than the spewage in
question emanates from a pair of sources whose irritation value is
their only measurable attribute. Vandeman has nothing of substance to
say, but is mightily verbose in expressing his anti-cyclist views.
The other irritant, as far as I can tell, seems more impressed with
himself than anything else.

I am more convinced than ever that Vandeman has been right about EVERYTHING
all along. Mountain bikers are the scourge of the earth and there is not an
honest one in the bunch. Nothing but liars. Why does not God strike them all
dead. Indeed, that is the question.

Vandeman and Dolan should be required reading for all on these freaking
cycling newsgroups. Where the hell do cyclists get off thinking they own the
world and can do anything they want. All Vandeman and I want is that you
stay off of our sacred hiking trails. Why? Because you do not belong on
them. You are all slobs and you can get your own freaking trails, otherwise
known as roads. There are thousands of miles of gravel roads for you to ride
your mountain bikes on here in Minnesota. Just stay off of our sacred foot
paths.

If you have the option of using a newsreader like Agent instead of
relying on the filterless Google Groups interface, it is easy to
greatly reduce the annoyance by merely globally plonking both of the
parties involved. IMO, nothing of value is lost in the process.

It ought to be require penance that all cyclists read the Great Ed Dolan and
also the Great Mike Vandeman. How the hell else are you ever going to learn
anything. But no, just keep to your incestuous ways. Ignorance like yours is
what prevents the world from ever getting any better. Stick your heads in
the sand like the ostriches that you are. All the better for me to kick your
dumb asses.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 5th 06, 10:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Colorado Bicycler wrote:

[...]

Anyone know what this dumb asshole who goes by the name of cc is into? I
suspect the numbers are some kind of code for his latest obscenity.

Old June 5th 06, 01:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Colorado Bicycler wrote:

[...]

Personally I think if people would stop responding to posts from a
couple of posters, they would go away.

Ken
--
New cycling jersey: $49
new cycling shorts: $39

contact me he http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/contact.html
Old June 5th 06, 07:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 08:31:26 -0400, "Ken C. M."
wrote:

Personally I think if people would stop responding to posts from a
couple of posters, they would go away.

Most likely true; greatly facilitated by the use of a killfile. It
also helps to trim down the quoting to the bare minimum if a response
to something in such a thread is warranted.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.