You couldn't make it up!

Old January 4th 13, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default You couldn't make it up!

Motorists! They strain at gnats, ignore elephants, swallow camels, and
crush cats!

http://tinyurl.com/bfej4g4
Old January 4th 13, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 04/01/2013 18:32, Squashme wrote:

Motorists! They strain at gnats, ignore elephants, swallow camels, and
crush cats!

http://tinyurl.com/bfej4g4

OT. Unless you are claiming the cat was a cyclist?

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old January 4th 13, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Jan 4, 6:41*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
On 04/01/2013 18:32, Squashme wrote:

Motorists! They strain at gnats, ignore elephants, swallow camels, and
crush cats!

http://tinyurl.com/bfej4g4

OT. Unless you are claiming the cat was a cyclist?

The relevance is that cats have 9 lives, but cyclists have only one.

Old January 4th 13, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

wrote:
On 04/01/2013 18:32, Squashme wrote:

Motorists! They strain at gnats, ignore elephants, swallow camels, and
crush cats!

http://tinyurl.com/bfej4g4

OT. Unless you are claiming the cat was a cyclist?

The relevance is that cats have 9 lives, but cyclists have only one.

Plus they're apparently legally liable for nothing they do, they **** in
people's gardens and they run away if you stare at them. But enough about
cyclists.

Old January 4th 13, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/01/2013 18:32, Squashme wrote:

Motorists! They strain at gnats, ignore elephants, swallow camels, and
crush cats!

http://tinyurl.com/bfej4g4

We are cat lovers in this household, yet we do not fail to recognise
that a cat cannot be trained in the same way as (say) a dog. It is part
of a cat's natural behaviour to range over its home-turf and not to
bother too much about others it may encounter.

It is probably for that reason that cat are not animals within the
meaning of the Road Traffic Acts, as you almost certainly already know.
Old January 4th 13, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Jan 4, 9:46*pm, JNugent wrote:
On 04/01/2013 18:32, Squashme wrote:

Motorists! They strain at gnats, ignore elephants, swallow camels, and
crush cats!

http://tinyurl.com/bfej4g4

We are cat lovers in this household, yet we do not fail to recognise
that a cat cannot be trained in the same way as (say) a dog. It is part
of a cat's natural behaviour to range over its home-turf and not to
bother too much about others it may encounter.

It is probably for that reason that cat are not animals within the
meaning of the Road Traffic Acts, as you almost certainly already know.

Really?:-

http://tinyurl.com/as5yn97

http://www.infinitecat.com/cat-tales/bus-cat.html

Old January 4th 13, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/01/2013 21:53, Squashme wrote:

On Jan 4, 9:46 pm, JNugent wrote:
On 04/01/2013 18:32, Squashme wrote:

Motorists! They strain at gnats, ignore elephants, swallow camels, and
crush cats!

http://tinyurl.com/bfej4g4

We are cat lovers in this household, yet we do not fail to recognise
that a cat cannot be trained in the same way as (say) a dog. It is part
of a cat's natural behaviour to range over its home-turf and not to
bother too much about others it may encounter.
It is probably for that reason that cat are not animals within the
meaning of the Road Traffic Acts, as you almost certainly already know.

Really?:-

http://tinyurl.com/as5yn97
http://www.infinitecat.com/cat-tales/bus-cat.html

Really.

Run over a dog and you are required to report it to the police.

Run a cat over and you are not.

Normal people with a properly developed sense of compassion stop to see
whether they can do anything for the creature. But they're not even
obliged to do as much as that.
Old January 4th 13, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Jan 4, 9:46 pm, JNugent wrote:
On 04/01/2013 18:32, Squashme wrote:

Motorists! They strain at gnats, ignore elephants, swallow camels, and
crush cats!

http://tinyurl.com/bfej4g4

We are cat lovers in this household, yet we do not fail to recognise
that a cat cannot be trained in the same way as (say) a dog. It is part
of a cat's natural behaviour to range over its home-turf and not to
bother too much about others it may encounter.
It is probably for that reason that cat are not animals within the
meaning of the Road Traffic Acts, as you almost certainly already know..

Really?:-

http://tinyurl.com/as5yn97
http://www.infinitecat.com/cat-tales/bus-cat.html

Really.

Run over a dog and you are required to report it to the police.

Run a cat over and you are not.

We apparently went over a cat in the motorbike and sidecar, in the
West Country when I was very young.

Normal people with a properly developed sense of compassion stop to see
whether they can do anything for the creature. But they're not even
obliged to do as much as that.

The cat carried on up the bank and into a field so we didn't stop.
Flexible creatures. Mind you, I expect that it is dead now.

Old January 4th 13, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nik.morgan[_2_]

On Jan 4, 9:46 pm, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Do you actually have to run over the dog, I ask because a dog raced from a
front garden and head butted my bumper, I didn't report it.
--
ennemm
Old January 5th 13, 01:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On Jan 4, 9:46 pm, JNugent wrote:
[...]

I ran straight over a cat which ran straight across the street and under
my wheels, in a side-street in Liverpool (Gilead Street, L7), back in
the 1970s.

I stopped and checked but the cat had disappeared. All I found was a
trail of blood leading to an entry*. I felt sick.

[* "Entry": a back alley wide enough to walk down but little else.
Intended only for access to the rear doors of terraced housing, mainly
for the purpose of collecting dustbins.]