accident on a30

Old August 22nd 09, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
graham[_5_]

Default accident on a30

On my way home on Friday around 6pm a large stretch of the a30 was blocked
off by police westwards from the Hounslow west roundabout to Hatton Cross.
There was a mangled bike on the road at the Hatton Cross junction, and a
lorry pulled over just past it. If the bike was the accident, from the
positions it looked like another left-turning lorry with a cyclist on the
inside, but I'm only guessing. Anyone know what really happened? I missed
the local news on Friday.

Graham

Old August 25th 09, 03:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lhew Ni

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:53:46 +0000 (UTC), graham
wrote:

On my way home on Friday around 6pm a large stretch of the a30 was blocked
off by police westwards from the Hounslow west roundabout to Hatton Cross.
There was a mangled bike on the road at the Hatton Cross junction, and a
lorry pulled over just past it. If the bike was the accident, from the
positions it looked like another left-turning lorry with a cyclist on the
inside, but I'm only guessing. Anyone know what really happened? I missed
the local news on Friday.

Quite obviously, the collision was caused by a motorist who was
speeding. It's the same with every collision, if you believe the
claptrap spouted by the lying, agenda-driven car-haters who this place
is teeming with.

They'll say and do *anything* if they think it'll make things harder
for motorists, and they don't care what the consequences are.
Thousands of lives lost unnecessarily? Who cares? Basic, ancient
legal principles cast aside (e.g. the right to silence and innocent
until proven guilty)? So what? The roads turned into a less friendly
and more dangerous place for *everyone*? Oh well, it's all in a good
cause.

Countless thousands of decent, hardworking people losing their careers
and having their lives ruined due to incredibly minor mistakes (and
sometimes not even that...speeding cases these days are incredibly
biased, and what of those who move out of the way for emergency
vehicles (who of course the car-haters here think should be
prosecuted)?) Well, it serves them right for selfishly driving in the
first place. As we all know, no-one really needs their car, and all
journeys everywhere in the UK can be carried out entirely practically
and inexpensively using public transport and cycling 24/7, so there's
really no excuse to be a homicidal maniac by driving a ton of metal,
and such selfish b**tards deserve everything they get.

C***man: do you think motorists who move out of the way of emergency
vehicles and go through red lights while doing so should be
prosecuted? (The answer, of course, is "Yes", and that's why he won't
answer that question: to do so would make his hatred of motorists
obvious, as if it wasn't already. Who does he think he's fooling?)
Old August 25th 09, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Lhew Ni wrote:

a load of tosh

Hi Nuxx.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.

Nearly got into an accident PatTX[_2_] General 52 January 15th 09 10:06 AM
Bad Accident [email protected] Racing 9 July 20th 05 06:14 PM
almost and accident woodworking_greg Racing 8 October 15th 04 05:54 PM
Car Accident MN Australia 184 September 19th 03 04:19 AM
What to do when in an accident? Adrian Boliston UK 19 September 3rd 03 04:24 PM