Black Spokes

Old October 28th 03, 01:07 AM
Mack Mad

Default Black Spokes

Anyone know of a good source for black spokes for a road wheel (274mm and
294mm)?

Old October 28th 03, 02:40 AM
Michael Fuhr

"Mack Mad" writes:

Anyone know of a good source for black spokes for a road wheel (274mm and
294mm)?

Bike shops can usually order spokes for you but if it's not something
they'll use then they may require you to buy an entire box so they're
not stuck with the excess.

Colorado Cyclist advertises that they carry black DT 14/15 (2.0/1.8)
spokes at US$0.80 per spoke:

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/

Go to "Wheels, Tires" and then to "Spokes, Nipples." They claim
to build a lot of wheels so they should have a wide selection of
lengths available. Call or email them to check if they have what
you're looking for.

I've ordered spokes from Colorado Cyclist and they're about the
only place that's ever given me the right spokes on the first try.
Just to be safe, however, I'd suggest getting a spoke ruler if you
don't already have one. I've learned never to trust that the spokes
I'm given are correct until I measure them myself.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/
Old October 28th 03, 02:57 AM
Doug Goodwin

"Mack Mad" wrote in
:

Anyone know of a good source for black spokes for a road wheel (274mm and
294mm)?

I get all my spokes, black included, from Branford; check 'em out at
http://branfordbike.com/
--
Doug Goodwin

Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than when they are
convinced beyond doubt that they are right.
-- Laurens Van der Post

Old October 28th 03, 01:38 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Anyone know of a good source for black spokes for a road wheel (274mm and
294mm)? BRBR

A bike shop that builds wheels??

My spoke supplier will sell me any amount of any spoke that comes in
black...DT..including black brass nipps if ya want..

If no luck, give me a call...about $.85 per for 14/15-

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302