Norwich cyclist attacked

Old November 25th 03, 01:19 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Norwich cyclist attacked

See

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/News/...ov+2003+06%3A5
6&tbrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=NEWS&category=News&br and=EDPOnline&itemid=NOE
D24+Nov+2003+17%3A57%3A26%3A410

or

http://tinyurl.com/wgrf

In case of problems with the links, I've copied the article below.

Cheers, helen s

"Cyclist's road rage ordeal

RICHARD BALLS

November 25, 2003 06:56

A cyclist yesterday relived a road rage attack in Norwich which left him with a
broken jaw and needing two teeth removed.

Mick Powell, 54, secretary of the Norwich Road Runners Club, was thumped on the
side of the face by the passenger of a car, which had earlier tried to drive
him off the road. He had to undergo reconstructive surgery and was in hospital
for four days after the assault on Dereham Road.

His ordeal happened at about 12.15pm on Saturday, October 25, and police
described it as "vicious and unprovoked".

Mr Powell said he was cycling with club member Glen Nelson and had just turned
off Earlham Green Lane into Larkman Lane, when the incident first flared up.

"I was aware of my mate saying something and the next minute a car tried to
knock me off my bike," he said. "He pulled right in and, if I had been going
fast, I would have come off.

"The guy on the passenger side was balling and shouting out of the window, and
my mate said something. We got to the end of Larkman Lane and I was sitting
behind a white van, when I became aware of someone running down this path.

"This guy just smacked me on the side of the head and kept on shouting, asking
what I had said. I told him I hadn't said anything and didn't know what it was
about.

"It is not uncommon for a car to cut you up or to have people balling and
shouting out of windows and, generally, you take it with a pinch of salt. This
time it went a little bit further.

"If ever I find him, I just want to know what started him off."

Mr Powell could only describe the car in which the offender was travelling as
dark and has a limited memory of his attacker.

He was white, about 5ft 9ins, late 20s, with short, dark brown hair, blue jeans
and a brown jumper.

It was only when he attended hospital that he realised the extent of the
injuries he suffered.

"I had to have two teeth taken out," he said. "There is a lot of numbness and
it will be about 18 months whether or not I will get any feeling back."

He added: "It has put me off a little bit and you start to wonder about where
to go cycling."

Any witnesses or anyone with any information should contact PC Belcher at
Earlham Police Station on 01953 424242 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111."

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 25th 03, 05:31 PM
Mutz

On 25 Nov 2003 13:19:28 GMT, omcom
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

Larkman Road nastiness..............

More morons than a few over that side of the city.
Old November 26th 03, 10:04 AM
John Redman

The reason you got thumped was because you say "I was aware of my mate
saying something". Unfortunately that's all it takes to set these morons
off. Best to keep quiet and let them go and annoy some other person.

John R

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...